IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can a Muslim be president of the USA?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can a Muslim be president of the USA?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 10:32pm
A lot can happen in 12 years. And we should give more credit to our people. Many are able to understand the difference between tolerant religious Islam, secular Islam, political Islam based on the sharia, and Islamist terrorism.

The first step would be the role of a cabinet member.

Muslim members of Congress are already a reality, see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_Carson

Ayg�l �zkan (born 27 August 1971 in Hamburg) is a German politician of the Christian Democratic Union. Since 2010, she has served as Minister of Social Affairs, Women, Families, Health and Integration in the state of Lower Saxony, in the Second Cabinet Wulff and the Cabinet McAllister.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayg�l_�zkan

Edited by Matt Browne - 01 December 2010 at 10:33pm
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 1:16pm
I would like to give more credit if the media wouldnt film conservative Christians crying over osques being built. Remember, many people after Septermber 11th didn't know much about Islam except what they saw on the news. I believe if constant terrorism done by extremist in the name of Islam continue, the continual stereotype of muslims being so-called "terrorist" will continue in the next 12 years. Again, like I said media wars should be continually fought by Muslims.
Tiffe View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 5:05pm
I believe Americans are being underestimated on this thread.

Most Americans would vote for a Christian or Jew - and the day is coming quickly where they would vote for a Muslim, if they were convinced he or she was a moderate Muslim. I'm not entirely sure how they would know this. Can anyone suggest how we could convince the general population that a candidate was moderate in his or her personal views?

best,
Tiffe
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 5:46pm
Salam/Peace,

American President, Muslim? Are you kidding? Dozens times Obama officially stated he is a Christian, yet out there still think he is a Muslim.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
razak View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2010 at 5:47am
this is great question. there no right answer yes or no. because Allah is everywhere. He can do what he want.You never know what will happen in the future because once Islam used to conquered Europe.
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2010 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by razak razak wrote:

this is great question. there no right answer yes or no. because Allah is everywhere. He can do what he want.You never know what will happen in the future because once Islam used to conquered Europe.

Interesting...however Islam hasn't been influential in Europe in over a century! How those in the middle ages think and how we think now are different. We cannot, and should not look at past Islamic influences in manners of war because, as we know Islam didn't spread through Europe through dialogue but through war and I would challenge any muslim if if did spread by peace during the as I recently researched, Almohad period. Allah by his own rules of freewill cannot determine or make someone or a people believe in Islam because of freewill. However, I do not think society is ready for a Muslim president because of constant terrorism.
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2010 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Tiffe Tiffe wrote:

I believe Americans are being underestimated on this thread.

Most Americans would vote for a Christian or Jew - and the day is coming quickly where they would vote for a Muslim, if they were convinced he or she was a moderate Muslim. I'm not entirely sure how they would know this. Can anyone suggest how we could convince the general population that a candidate was moderate in his or her personal views?

best,
Tiffe

Americans are indeed underestimated however, many are influenced by media and that is the problem. Obama who is Christian was concieved to be Muslim because from what I understand, his middle name is Hussein, and because his name isn't typical. Many white, conservative, and scared Christians are afraid. Not only because he is an African-American in power, but because his name is uncommon or atypical, in America or American presidents.
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2010 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by semar semar wrote:

Salam/Peace,

American President, Muslim? Are you kidding? Dozens times Obama officially stated he is a Christian, yet out there still think he is a Muslim.

A muslim president is possible however the question is whether based on the presentation I've forumulated if that is possible.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic