IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - marriage problem  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

marriage problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:45pm
Salaam to everyone

Firstly brother may Allah S.W.T make it all easy for you...

What I think is, it is very important to respect our parents and look after them and not hurt them, and obey what they say as long as its in the path of islamic guidence that Allah S.W.T has told as to follow. In my opinion if you are chosing to marry a good muslim women who will support you to become a better muslim, and she herself is follwing the giudence of islam of how to be a good muslim women then there's no reason for objection from you're parents, and if they do then you can try to convince them as we all no it is very important to have our parents blessings upon us, and if that doesnt work then you should marry her, because you're parents dont have a good enough reason to not accept her. Hope this helps inshallah make dua to Allah S.W.T to guide you and help you make the right decision. Below I have pasted something which i came across when i done research on this topic hope this helps:

"The eminent Muslim scholar, Dr. `Abdel-Fattah Idrees, Professor of Comparative Jurisprudence at Al-Azhar Univ., adds:

�Taking the permission of one's parents to marry a particular woman is not obligatory in Islam if the man is sane and has reached puberty. So if a man is sane and of age, and wishes to marry a woman whom he sees to be good and righteous, then he has the right to marry her even though his parents disagree with the marriage. But he must respect his parents and clarify his point of view regarding this marriage. This is done to prevent severing family ties.�

pure_columbian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pure_columbian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 4:08am

I think the most important thing is that you and your wife to be are muslim and are following Islam. Your parents are in the wrong with their tribe mentality.

One of the biggest obstacles facing muslims today is this misguided tribe mentality thinking. It is this which is preventing unity between us.  Where people put the region or tribe they come from ahead of being a muslim.

After all in Islam there is no black, white, yellow, pink or green, or Indian, pakistani, arab, english, chinese, etc etc, Either you are a muslim or you are not.

semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2011 at 9:37am
Salaam,

Don't be wrong, yes marriage is very important part in Islam, it says "half of the religion". We need to try as much as possible to make it work.  And yes divorce is a "halal thing" but hated by Allah. However avoiding abuse and protecting live from danger  are much-much more important than marriage. Allah much-much more hate "abuse" compare to divorce.

Sometime we make mistake in prioritize things. So, again, in this case avoiding abuse and protecting live from danger  are have much higher priority and protecting your marriage.

Edited by semar - 12 January 2011 at 9:40am
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic