IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - can be say God insted of Allah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

can be say God insted of Allah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 9:10am
Gibbs, you got a point here. Does your wife know the Arabic word for gods (plural) for example when talking about the pagans who lived in Mecca at the time of the Prophet?

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 5:02pm
Well she speaks fluent Arabic so I assume so, but I fear before I respond to you someone may have answered.
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 10:08am
Can you ask her? And share this with me. I tried Google Translate

gods =الآلهة
God =
الله
Allah=
الله

So it must be
some different word.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

gods =الآلهة
God =
الله
Allah=
الله

So it must be
some different word.

Sorry Matt will ask her. She's been very busy and the thought of asking her escapes memory. I'm having lunch with her today so I'll ask her.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 7:29pm
QUOTE=Gibbs]
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

gods =الآلهة
God =
الله
Allah=
الله

So it must be
some different word.

Sorry Matt will ask her. She's been very busy and the thought of asking her escapes memory. I'm having lunch with her today so I'll ask her.
[/QUOTE]Ermm

Edited by Sign*Reader - 10 December 2010 at 3:24pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 3:37pm
I asked a friend who speaks Arabic and he said any god of pagans or polytheists is pronounced as " elah " and in plurals "aalayha". And these words are open to any material/animal form or male or female sex allotments of choice!
While allah doesn't have any such allowance as stated in the sign of absolute unity(sura Ikhlas).

Edited by Sign*Reader - 14 December 2010 at 12:29am
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 8:37am
Thanks, Sign Reader !

Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2010 at 2:04pm
Sorry Matt I was violently ill this past week so havent been around in asking man....I deeply apologize. Matter of fact just got enough energy to come online today
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic