IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - moderator issues  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

moderator issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 11:45am

Assalamu alaikum,

May Allah guide you and Bless you, Brother Yusuf.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 12:53pm

Es_Selam'un Aleykum,

You can't find more Yusufs on this world..if he says something then someones should rethink...

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 9:06pm

Bismillah

It's a bad weather in the forum these days...

MOCKBA
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2005 at 6:32am

Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

It's a bad weather in the forum these days...

True, and reflective of overall climate in our ummah these days.

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 3:23pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah,

I dont consider myself entitled to any comment, the reason being, my scarce participation on the boards lately. However will state just a few things.

One. Brother Yusuf, when you report a post, and it is removed by one of the moderators, later when other moderators would check their e-mail, the message will be something like "the post does not exist" ... I dont remember the exact words. Thus if could at times be hard to guess what is going on. I would request you to please report the very post you want to be moderated. I usually check all reports, even if I cannot check many of the discussions. Two, I sincerly hope this does not stirr up any calm waters. Islamicity should not and will not tolerate any lewd and vulgar discourses. The person who you mentioned have stopped coming, was publicly censured to make this a point - to those who participated and read this discourse. If people stop comming here in condemnation of my public censures, I am still grateful to them, because at the end of the day it makes our job easier. Although I sincerely thought this particular person is ashamed of his behavior, coz dont know why I expected more decorum from some "senior" non-muslim members.

Three, not everyone knows Brother Mockba too well, due to his long absence before the new forum was started. In the present team, he is not only the best moderator, he had been a wonderful mentor too. His suggestions, advices, and reprimands are always in line with Islamic etiquette. I guess insha allah the attack on the intellects were not directed to his person.

Lastly, everyone is human, and error prone. Please bear this in mind. Your comments, suggestions and reports are all welcome and much appreciated. Moderators are here to help the smooth running of discussion. Their presence does not however lift responsibilities from participants, weather it is to follow the rules, or to handle an individual who is not doing so.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 7:08am

True sister however if humans are error prone this means Moderators are error prone if there is an error made then I would like moderators (not yourself but others) to make mention of their mistakes rather than try to make "examples" out of people and cut their comments or discussions. Frankly I'm tired of all the hypocrisy since there are other non-Muslims who talk much negativity about Islam but then again so-called freedom of speech right?

fanaofallah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanaofallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

I dont consider myself entitled to any comment, Nausheen

lol mshaAllah that is funny

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 9:09am
Originally posted by fanaofallah fanaofallah wrote:

Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

I dont consider myself entitled to any comment, Nausheen

lol mshaAllah that is funny

Well brother, I am a laughing stock these days  You make me feel so down

Nausheen

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.