IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - moderator issues  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

moderator issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: moderator issues
    Posted: 20 August 2005 at 2:12am
Originally posted by Saif Al-deen Saif Al-deen wrote:

Asalamu Alaikum,

Well, I can see not much has changed here. In any case, how are the folks of Islamicity doing?

Wasalam,

Liam

Aleykum Selam ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Brother Saif,

Welcome back to islamicity,we are all fine though i agree with you that arguments keep goin'...no problem still good friends we have to so much share....what about you Brother?,just an visit or turning back?...take care....

Saif Al-deen View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saif Al-deen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2005 at 2:55pm

Asalamu Alaikum,

Well, I can see not much has changed here. In any case, how are the folks of Islamicity doing?

Wasalam,

Liam

ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 8:02am
Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

Bismillah

Brother ZamanH, there are four moderators, if i am not mistaken. When you identify "some", and suggest "they" should resign - you are pointing your fingers at more than one. Of these you further highlight some as being "senior".

I have much respect for the moderators on this board and have always visited the board primarily to participate in discussions and share thoughts, not to moderate. Moderators on this board are not extraordinary intellectuals, distinguished scholars, trained leaders, professional negotiators or exceptionally pious people. Even if they are, I have personally never heard them publicly announcing it or displaying their certificates of achievement.

If your description of "overestimated intellect" was the result of any of my responses, posts or actions - I resign as a moderator. I am quite alright partipating without any special powers and stars. During my lengthy stay with prolonged breaks I have seen many knowledgeable members come and go, I can only appreciate the opportunity i had to learn from them without having to let them know.

The same goes with a couple of current members and i would not mention names in fear that their intellectual capacities are somehow questioned by those who are missed.

If some want to put all airs jumping the topic and never intending to learn something - it is up to them... Others may want to gather all  information available on Islam's stand on masturbation and have deep intellectuall discourse on the subject. It is indeed pity that some of very worthy contributors find it hard to participate in such a noisy and polluted environment where thoughts and opinions are easily hijacked and turned around... 

walai kum as salaam,

I am sorry brother, Mockba, its wasn't certainly you. I didn't take any name because I didn't intend to deteriorate the situation further.

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
Jazz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 3:31am
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

since we as Muslims have a duty to help each other I would appreciate kind PM message on the reason why a person maybe silenced. I say especially Muslims as the reason I have stated above.

Dear Israfil,

Would you please clarify what you mean by "we as Muslims have a duty to help each other".............I am hoping you mean that "each other" relates to each and every other being....................if  not (I hope not).......well therein lays the essential problem with a core fundamental principle of Mohammed's religion.........add to this a notion of superiority of the "group" and one has a recipe for division and conflict between fellow humans.

Such a principle and notion are so against the loving guidances of Jesus. (a founder and member of no religion)

Think about it!
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 2:07pm
LOL Angel I'm glad somebody got me....
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 9:17am

What I see is this, is that there is too many forums, and too much activity due everyday to an influx of new members since the new layout, for the few moderators here who are only here somewhat part time/when they can. And this leads to many threads that obviously needs to be moderatored not moderatored and behaviour from both sides checked.

And also those forums as Yusuf mentioned that once where checked before postings are not anymore.

I believe that the solution to kerbing abusive/negative terms (bashing each other) from both muslims and non muslims is to have more moderators.

And moderators from non muslims to help kerbing them and enforce the board rules also, while the islamic issues and islamic behaviour is still left to muslim moderators. Perhaps an idea to toy with and try.

I just believe that there needs to be more moderators for the amount of activity that is going on everyday.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 6:38am
Don't worry Israfil, I get you
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 7:58pm
LOL perhaps I was beating around the bush sorry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic