IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lie to get pregnant(?)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lie to get pregnant(?)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote searchingsoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lie to get pregnant(?)
    Posted: 23 November 2010 at 1:14am
Assalamu'alaikum Brothers and Sisters,

I've been married for 4 years, and my husband never wants a kid. While I as a normal woman longing for one.
So, my confusion is if I lie to him about my ovulation days to get me pregnant is that sounds ok or not?.
I've read in a islamic q&a site that a wife can ask for a divorce to marry to other if the first husband doesn't want to have baby, but I really don't want to do that so I'm thinking about lying to him about my ovulation day as i said above..
Any advice with islamic perspective?

Jazakallah before..
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2010 at 11:14am
Walaikum Salaam,

Welcome to the forum

I think you are in a tough situation.

Islamically it is rare for it to be "ok" to lie. And bringing a child into a relationship where one parent is vehemently opposed you could be asking for a whole heap of trouble.

Really sister, how will he feel if you lied. And frankly, you are asking him to be a parent when he does not wish to. This has life-long repercussions for him.

I think you need to discuss this further with him. And if you want a child then think about another husband...

Lying to him is a manipulation. That is not really right sister.

Did you discuss this with him before you married? Its one thing to change your mind...

You need to be honest with him. And yes, you may have to choose between him an having a child. A tough choice, we all have tough choices. 

Be honest and truthful in all endeavors in life.

Peace
Hayfa
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
searchingsoul View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote searchingsoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2010 at 7:06pm
Salam Sister Hayfa,

That's right. Lie is a lie. It is tough, very tough though.. He never said that he didn't want a child before we got married. I was so dissapointed the first year of the marriage knowing that he never wanted one, but i thought with the time passing by that he would change his mind so I waited.. but until now, it's just still the same. And this waiting for 4 years has change me into really in love with this man (as FYI, we met only once and then decide to get marry the next day, and we married on the third day we met)
Sometimes, it got me to think, will I ever wanted to lose someone I love which is already here with me to get something that maybe I can't get?

huffhh.. confused
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 11:37am
Salaams,

Yes it is confusing and very hard.

I think you really need to discuss with him in depth your desire. It is causing you heartache and angst. I assume he also cares for you.

Has he told you why he does not want a child? Some people just don't like children, for others they may have something that is stopping them. Fear is real for many with kids.

And some people do not understand the desperation some people have to really want a child.

He will have to consent to having a child
You agree to not have kids and stay married
Having a child is so important  to you that you would divorce and find another

None of the above is easy. But choice A is his. And you decide from there. Its not like dear sister we can get a 2nd husband (though it would be quite interesting! lol).

Have you had a heart to heart talk with him?

Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote searchingsoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2010 at 5:40am
He knew I desperate for one, i did talk about it with him. We are an open minded couple to each other, Alhamdulillah. But the reason he told me about this matter is that he's just worried if the baby will grow up in such a crazy world, He told me about many bad things happen in this world today (natural disasters, wars, etc) he's worrying too far, I think. But I tried to accept whatever it is as I want to always please his heart.
That second hubby idea is quite tickling my tummy tehehe
NuraB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuraB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 1:37pm
Salam searchingsoul

Multiple husbands, Stern%20Smile no thanks! One man is enough to drive me crazy.

On a serious note, that is a drastic measure, to lie about your ovulation.

Perhaps that can be an argument point with him.

"Honey, I really want us to have a baby. You know I was even thinking about lying to trick you into getting pregnant. I don't want to lie to you. Please, let's have a baby."

N.B.

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 9:25am
Salaam Searching Soul,

I think that worrying about the future is a human element. On the other hand, to "fear" is actually unislamic for us to not trust in Allah to provide. I remember when I was "young" and you thin kthe world is about to end with all the news.. we cannot predict the future. And we need to trust Allah

Keep us posted sister..

Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote searchingsoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 2:08am
Salam Sisters,

@NuraB : hhmm... he'll pinch my nose if I say that..
@Hayfa : I did tell him about to put the trust in Allah who provides, but it still won't change him.. (eerrgghh.. sometimes i do have naughty thought of shaving his beard off when he's asleep.. hehe)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic