IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Place of knowledge in our Prophet's heart.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Place of knowledge in our Prophet's heart.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rememberallah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Place of knowledge in our Prophet's heart.
    Posted: 22 November 2010 at 6:05am
I noted these Hadith very long time ago, when I was starting my research and didn�t even know that its important to write the source, anyways I am sharing them. I would welcome if I get back the sources from the reader if they know.
He said-
"EMINENCE IN SCIENCE IS THE HIGHEST OF HONORS." !!!
He said-
"One hour's meditation on the work of God is better than 70 years of prayer." !!!
He said-
"To listen to the instructions of science and learning for one hour is more meritorious than attending the funeral of 1000 martyrs- more meritorious than standing in prayer for 1000 nights."
He said-
"To the student who goes forth in quest of knowledge, God will allot a high place in mansion of bliss, every step he takes is blessed, and every lesson he receives has its reward."
He said-
"The ink of the scholar is more holy than the blood of the martyr."
He said-
"To listen to the words of the learned, and to instil into the heart the lessons of science, is better than religous exercises....better than emancipating 100 slaves."
He said-
"Seek knowledge even if you have to go to China."
{I  know this Hadith is in debate}
He said �
�He who treads the path in search of knowledge Allah will direct him to tread the path of paradise, angels will accord welcome to the seeker of knowledge, and all that is found on earth and heavens and even fish in the depths of ocean seek forgiveness for the scholar AND THE SUPERIORITY OF THE SCHOLAR OVER A WORSHIPPER IS LIKE THAT OF MOON IN THE NIGHT WHEN IT IS FULL OVER ALL THE STARS COMBINED, VERILY SCHOLARS ARE THE HEIRS OF PROPHETS� � Ahmed, Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, Darimi and Mishkat ul Masabih.
He said �
�The seeking of knowledge is obligatory on every muslim.� � Ibn Majah, Baihaqi and Mishkat ul Masabih
He said �
�A single scholar is more formidable against the devil than a thousand devout persons� � Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and Mishkat ul Masabih.
He said �
�Acquiring of knowledge for an hour is better than spending the whole night in prayer� � Darimi, Mishkat ul Masabih.
He said -
"The seeker of knowledge will be greeted in paradise with a welcome from the angels."
He said-
"He who favors learning and the learned, God will favor him in the next world."
He said-
"He who honors the learned honors me"
He said �
�Superiority of the knowledge is better than superiority in worship� � Baihaqi, Mishkat ul Masabih.
He said-
"He dies not who gives life to learning {i.e. shaheed}"
He said-
"The greatest ornament is erudition."
He said-
"Acquire knowledge for he who acquires it in the way of the Lord performs an act of piety; who speaks of it, praises the Lord; who seeks it adores God; who dispenses instruction in it, bestows alms; and who imparts it to its fitting object, performs an act of devotion to God; knowledge enables its possessor to distinguish what is forbidden from what is not; it lights the way to heaven; it is our friend in the desert, our society in solitude, our companion when bereft of friends; it guides us to happiness; it sustains us in misery; it is our ornament in company of friends; it serves us as an armor against our enemies. With knowledge the servant of God rises to the heights of goodness and to a noble position, associates with sovereigns in the world and attains to the perfection of happiness in the next."
He said �
�Prophet happened to pass by two groups of muslims in the mosque, he said both are good but one is superior to the other, one group is supplicating Allah and praying and if Allah wills He might confer upon them or if He so will withhold, and so far as the other group is acquiring understanding and knowledge and are busy in teaching others are superior than first. Verily I have been sent as a teacher, he then sat down amongst them� � Darimi and Mishkat ul Masabih.

The whole world is like Hazrat Umar but no one is like his sister and brother in law.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic