IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Every living thing made from water.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Every living thing made from water.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2010 at 9:26pm
Matt, I am very familiar with what is referred to as 'higher criticism' of the Bible and I am also very aware that the vast majority of Christians are both unaware of and uninterested in its findings.  Do you feel the same is true of Islam?  That would explain at least some of rememberallah's eccentricities.
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 8:45am
Bob, this might be the case in the US, because Christian fundamentalism is a widespread phenomenon unfortunately. This is different in Europe. Creationism is almost non-existent over here. And many educated Christians are aware of the method. Yes, Islam needs higher criticism too. People have to understand the historic context the Quran was created. But there are so few liberal Muslims. I think they are afraid of all the hardliners.

Edited by Matt Browne - 14 December 2010 at 8:46am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
rememberallah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by schmikbob schmikbob wrote:

Matt, I am very familiar with what is referred to as 'higher criticism' of the Bible and I am also very aware that the vast majority of Christians are both unaware of and uninterested in its findings.  Do you feel the same is true of Islam?  That would explain at least some of rememberallah's eccentricities.

peace be on you,
what will explain your eccentricities bob? perhaps it is you who doesnt know the truth, dont be so confdent on your research and analyses. other people around the world have brains too. i have become a believer after being an athiest, i have made my nature my criterion to judge things and stand where i am standing today. you seem to be too certain, thats where lies your un-intelligence. certainties are based on probabilities, and in department of probability, in none of the posts on kuran & science you have been able to disprove what i have said.
may God guide all
The whole world is like Hazrat Umar but no one is like his sister and brother in law.
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 9:03pm
rememberallah, I'm afraid that disproving your statement is not how science and the scientific method works.  Your hypothesis that the Quran contains scientifically miraculous statements needs facts to back it up.  You have provided none, only opinions as to what certain verses mean.  These are not facts.  Let me say it one more time, for emphasis.  Your opinion as to the meaning of Quranic verses do not constitute facts and facts are what you need to prove anything including your assertion that the Quran contains foreknowledge of modern science.  It is not up to me to disprove anything.  You are the one with the theory.  Perhaps you should read up on the scientific method and logic before you seek to lecture on science and probability.
rememberallah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 10:40pm
go through my initial topic starter, it only has facts.
peace be on you.
The whole world is like Hazrat Umar but no one is like his sister and brother in law.
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2010 at 7:35am
The conclusion of your opening remarks were "This is a scientific fact which could not had been known 1400 yrs ago and is a clear indication in favor of the Quran�s claim that it is a revelation from God the Creator of the heavens and the earth who knows all the secrets of the universe."  This is merely your opinion.  The problem is that you do not know the difference between an opinion and a fact.  Please see my last post.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2010 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by rememberallah rememberallah wrote:

Quran {21:30}-"and we created every living thing out of water"
Quran {24:45}-"and the God has created every animal from water"
Quran {25:54}-"it is he who has created man from water"

And yet in {30:20}, among other passages, the Quran says "He creates you out of dust". 

So is it dust, or is it water?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
tredding73 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tredding73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2010 at 12:28pm
I am totally Agree!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 36>
  Share Topic