IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Every living thing made from water.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Every living thing made from water.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Every living thing made from water.
    Posted: 22 November 2010 at 6:01am
WATER its something that we gulp down our perched throats in summers and feel like in paradise.
Water is made from hydrogen and oxygen, when two parts of hydrogen are combined with one part of oxygen, liquid water is formed.
"Water is the most common substance on earth. Seven tenths of worlds surface is covered by water. Water is also the most important substance on earth. Without it life would be impossible. Life first started in water and the bodies of ALL living beings ARE MOSTLY WATER" - pg 351 The New Concise Children�s Encyclopedia.
The key word is ALL.
This is what we have discovered in our day of super powerful microscopes, that every living thing is made of water, isn�t it the truth?
We accept it in our day as we have no choice, as we have all the evidence mounted up with our expensive modern gadgets but imagine if you were to be transported 1400 yrs back and that too in desert arabia where there is scarcity of water and somebody comes and says �you, me, this camel, goats, sheep, these insects, these dates, bushes and fruits and all living things are made of water� then you would do nothing but mock the guy claiming so......and so was the prophet mocked when he informed that the Creator of all living beings reveals to him His message.
He announced that the God's message will come to light after a time only and its a miracle for people of all times and for the people to come. how true was he !!!!!!
just read these verses to judge his claim

Quran {21:30}-"and we created every living thing out of water"
Quran {24:45}-"and the God has created every animal from water"
Quran {25:54}-"it is he who has created man from water"
just to make sure I compare �
Claim of Muhammad {pbuh}    pg 351 The New Concise Children�s Encyclopedia.
Quran {21:30}-"and We created every living thing out of water"
Quran {24:45}-"and the God has created every animal from water"
Quran {25:54}-"it is He who has created man from water"    Without water life would be impossible. Life first started in water and the bodies of ALL living beings ARE MOSTLY WATER"

This is a scientific fact which could not had been known 1400 yrs ago and is a clear indication in favor of the Quran�s claim that it is a revelation from God the Creator of the heavens and the earth who knows all the secrets of the universe.

The whole world is like Hazrat Umar but no one is like his sister and brother in law.
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 12:32am
Water is not the most common substance on Earth. The most frequent element is oxygen, but not because of water but because of the Earth's crust. The second most frequent element is silicon, because of the molecules it forms with oxygen. Hydrogen is relatively rare on Earth.

Again, the connection you are trying to make between the Quran and scientific findings do not make sense to me. The classical elements including water predate the Quran. One example is Aristotle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_element

Edited by Matt Browne - 23 November 2010 at 12:32am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
rememberallah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 12:54pm
my brother matt browne
peace be on you, my brother good you said that see by discussions knowledge increases.
my brother you yoursel in your post use the term "substance" for water and the term "element" for oxygen". in my post i said most common substance is water not the most common element. "substance" and "element" are 2 different terms. moreover my brother i have given the reference of the encyclopedia i am quoting from, it is not my statement but theirs, but point is they are correct water is most common substance, what is most common element i don't know.
my brother the classical elements have 5 things - fire, water, earth, air, and i am forgetting but there is another one.
Quran never connects humans to have been created from fire  and air but from water and earth. 

The whole world is like Hazrat Umar but no one is like his sister and brother in law.
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 8:48pm
rememberallah, you stated in your post "This is a scientific fact which could not had been known 1400 yrs ago and is a clear indication in favor of the Quran�s claim that it is a revelation from God the Creator of the heavens and the earth who knows all the secrets of the universe."  This was in reference to all living things being composed mostly of water.  Why do you say this when clearly there were many philosothers prior to the 7th century that proposed this very thing.  For example, Thales of Miletus proposed exactly this over a millenium prior to the life of Mohammed .  Please explain.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 12:44am
my brother - 1) - Thales attempted to explain earthquakes by hypothesizing that the Earth floats on water, and that earthquakes occur when the Earth is rocked by waves, rather than assuming that earthquakes were the result of supernatural processes.
2)- Thales taught as follows:
"Water constituted (ὑπεστήσατο, 'stood under') the principle of all things."
Thales drew his conclusion from seeing moist substance turn into air, slime and earth. It seems likely that Thales viewed the Earth as solidifying from the water on which it floated and which surrounded Ocean.
my dear brother atleast check what are you saying about whom. in what context did thales believe and in what context Quran speaks. Quran speaks only about living things whereas thales belief is erroneous and fails the test of time but Quran's claim stands tall.
thus i say my brother "This is a scientific fact which could not had been known 1400 yrs ago and is a clear indication in favor of the Quran�s claim that it is a revelation from God the Creator of the heavens and the earth who knows all the secrets of the universe."
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 10:42am
All Muslims already know that the Quran is the most important book to all Muslims. And all tolerant Christians and tolerant Agnostics do respect this.

I don't see any need to keep searching for proofs to reinforce this belief. The ancient Greek knew far more about science than the people anywhere in the world in the 7th century. The Golden Age of Islam began more than 100 years later. The Quran certainly inspired Muslim scientists to search for the truth, but they did definitely not use the Quran as a source of scientific insights. They translated Greek documents into Arabic. And collected their own set of empirical data and draw conclusions from them.

So, like in the other thread, I don't see this connection. In this case to water.

Edited by Matt Browne - 28 November 2010 at 10:44am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2010 at 8:12pm
rememberallah, the point is that the importance of water to all living things was known and related over 500 years before the birth of Christ and it is not astonishing or even notable that it was also known in the 7th century in Saudi Arabia.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rememberallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 4:15am
@ matt browne - you said - All Muslims already know that the Quran is the most important book to all Muslims. And all tolerant Christians and tolerant Agnostics do respect this.
i say - my brother i know and agree with you to someextent but we muslims have been ignoring this book like it is the least important book. my brother i am not reinforcing the belief i am just sharing information which a lot of muslims won't be knowing.
you said - The Golden Age of Islam began more than 100 years later. The Quran certainly inspired Muslim scientists to search for the truth, but they did definitely not use the Quran as a source of scientific insights. They translated Greek documents into Arabic. And collected their own set of empirical data and draw conclusions from them.
i comment - you are absolutely right, had quran been written in islamic golden age of education then people would had commented Quran was copied, thus it was not so. Quran did inspire the muslims to gain knowledge even into china but that spirit is dead today as the widest read book is also the widest ignored book.
you said - The ancient Greek knew far more about science than the people anywhere in the world in the 7th century.
i comment - the greek knowledge was not complete science and was full of many errors, like majority believed sun goes round the earth, but Quran steers clear of that, those who say the Quran was written by man and info copied makes a wrong judgement as why would the writer only take correct info and not wrong info ? certainly truth is otherwise for men who think.
i respect your opinions as you are a rspectable person with gentleness.
my answers are not questions on your beliefs but a geberal statement regarding things, so don't take it personally.
peace be on you matte.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>
  Share Topic