IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim Festivals:)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim Festivals:)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslim_gal1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslim Festivals:)
    Posted: 03 August 2005 at 9:00pm
For Muslims all religious festivals have their own special significance. In fact, at the end of different modes of worship, Islam has instituted a kind of festival. The festival following the daily Prayers of the week is Jum'a-tul-Mubarak (Friday); the one following the month of fasting is called Eid-ul-Fitr, while the festival following the ceremony of Hajj at the Ka'aba in Arabia is know as Eid-ul-Adhia.

Following is a list of Muslim Festivals:
Jum'a-tul-Mubarak (Friday Prayer)
Eid-ul-Fitr
Eid-ul-Adhia
Muharram
Eid Milad-un-Nabi
Shab-i-Miraj

Lailat-ul-Qadr

SALAAMZ

insha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2005 at 9:12am
Jum'a-tul-Mubarak, Eid-ul-Fitr, and Eid-ul-Adha are only festivals in Islam, as they were practiced by the Rasullah (pbuh).

All the other you list are considered bi'dah (innovations in Islam). Also these are only celebrated by the people of the Indian Subcontinent (not sure about the South East Asia) and are not common in the rest of the Ummah; nor can these be proven to be festivals in Islam by either the Qur'an or the Sunnah of Rasullah (pbuh); and there is no eveidence that the Kulafa-i-Rashideen (ra) or any of the Companinions of the Rasullah (pbuh) practiced any of these festivals.

Edit: If you have proof to the contrary, I would like to see it.

Edited by insha
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic