IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "Jews control the Media"  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Jews control the Media"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Jews control the Media"
    Posted: 27 December 2010 at 9:31am
I read the link you gave. Very intriguining, but I wonder if the thesis is actually accessable I may have passed over that information.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2010 at 10:46pm
Gibbs:
Have you seen this video?http://archive.feedblitz.com/150615/~3933756
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

This tells me what? Some other political analysts comments? Again this is one persons opinion. If you believe this view is law then that is fine. However there are various influences. Arabs in the political office are influenced, so are whites, and so are blacks and yes behind the scenes there are five maybe ten figures who are controlling the puppet strings.
Only one person has to say "the emperor has no clothes" as long as the person is the eye witness. No, I don't believe she is the law just informed about the reality.
There are others even in the Z state saying even worse than what she said. Look at  Uri Avnery 
I don't know which Arabs are in some important political office to be influenced( lost you there)
This whole thing falls under one category that is accountability either one is for it or against it!
It is a case of faith vs unbelief...Then every thing else doesn't matter who does what to who, it is the worship of mammon and there are plenty who are ready for that!
It is kind of hard to count the numbers and I am not going to think about that...There is real life saga of Bernie Madoff's whose son hanged himself while Bernie is the slammer for what 150 years, does it make sense? Then another Jewish family Picowers that was sitting with the loot coughs up 7 billion dollars. At least  Bernie cheated his own kind but why? They did bargain their souls to the devil for what?
 Sooner or later the accountability of hereafter sure will ultimately separate the truth from falsehood.

All the truth makes you free in proportion to the truth you apprehend. The  piece meal of truth is like mixing good wine with a polluted water that no one with sound judgment would appreciate much less let it be served in an august company! An American said long ago "The professors, clergy,politicians and writers would die of fear rather than speak the truth". And this is supposed to be home of the free and land of the brave!
The life is short so think about it... excuse my rant...

Edited by Sign*Reader - 23 December 2010 at 11:37am
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
JimRockford View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimRockford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 5:46am
Simon is correct. They can and will use this as a reason to further curtail and conrrol the media.
SimonV75 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonV75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2010 at 7:15pm
Interesting thread. Could it be that the latest Wiki-leaks scandal would give cause to place greater restrictions on what information is accessible over the internet. Therefore giving the people in power even more control over the media. Just a thought.
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2010 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

I find stating Jews controlling the media an ignorant statement but I find people who are as st**id to believe it to be worse.

Helen Thomas doubled down on the controversial comments that led to the end of her long career during a speech yesterday to an Arab-American group in Dearborn, Mich., prompting a fierce condemnation by the Anti-Defamation League.

�I can call a president of the United States anything in the book, but I can�t touch Israel, which has Jewish-only roads in the West Bank,� Thomas said. �No Americans would tolerate that � white-only roads.�

�We are owned by the propagandists against the Arabs. There�s no question about that. Congress, the White House and Hollywood, Wall Street, are owned by the Zionists. No question in my opinion. They put their money where their mouth is. � We�re being pushed into a wrong direction in every way.�

http://theuglytruth.wordpress.com/2010/12/04/news-you-need-for-dec-4-2010/

This tells me what? Some other political analysts comments? Again this is one persons opinion. If you believe this view is law then that is fine. However there are various influences. Arabs in the political office are influenced, so are whites, and so are blacks and yes behind the scenes there are five maybe ten figures who are controlling the puppet strings.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2010 at 2:00am

I find stating Jews controlling the media an ignorant statement but I find people who are as st**id to believe it to be worse.

Helen Thomas doubled down on the controversial comments that led to the end of her long career during a speech yesterday to an Arab-American group in Dearborn, Mich., prompting a fierce condemnation by the Anti-Defamation League.

�I can call a president of the United States anything in the book, but I can�t touch Israel, which has Jewish-only roads in the West Bank,� Thomas said. �No Americans would tolerate that � white-only roads.�

�We are owned by the propagandists against the Arabs. There�s no question about that. Congress, the White House and Hollywood, Wall Street, are owned by the Zionists. No question in my opinion. They put their money where their mouth is. � We�re being pushed into a wrong direction in every way.�

http://theuglytruth.wordpress.com/2010/12/04/news-you-need-for-dec-4-2010/

Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 9:13am
Yes, Sign Reader, I read the book and it makes a lot of sense to me. Thanks for your book tip. I will look into this.

Michael Shermer, who is an expert on giving good explanations for almost every paranormal claim or absurd conspiracy theory, has come up with a list of 25 reasons why people believe weird things. I find them very useful:

1. Theory Influences Observations � When you have a theory of something, you interpret the results inside your theory. So when Columbus arrived in the New World, he saw Asian spices and roots. His theory said he should be in Asia.

2. The Observer Changes the Observed � The act of studying an event can change it. This can happen with anthropologists studying tribes to physicists studying electrons. This is why psychologists use blind and double-blind controls. Science tries to minimize this, pseudoscience does not.

3. Equipment Constructs Results � The equipment used often determines the results. The size of the telescope shaped and reshaped the size of the universe. The kind of fish net determines what fish it can catch.

4. Anecdotes != Science � Stories that people pass on is not the same as controlled experiments. Pseudoscience points to anecdotes; science points to reputable studies.

5. Scientific Language Doesn�t Make It Scientific � Dressing up a belief in scientific language doesn�t make it science. This is easily seen with �creation science� and New Age pseudoscientific mumbo-jumbo.

6. Bold Statements Do Not Make Claims True � L. Ron Hubbard called Dianetics �a milestone for man comparable to his discovery of fire and superior to his invention of the wheel and the arch.� But it wasn�t. The more extraordinary the claim, the more extraordinary well-tested the evidence must be.

7. Heresy Does Not Equal Correctness � Copernicus and Galileo and the Wright Brothers were rebels. But just because someone is a rebel doesn�t make them right. Holocaust deniers are rebels, but they need historical evidence for their position. It�s heresy to say Bush planned the 9/11 attack, but that isn�t evidence of the government suppressing the truth.

8. Burden of Proof � The person making the extraordinary claim has the burden of proving their claim is true and better than the commonly accepted position. If a man claims he moved a mountain with his mind, the burden of proof is on him.

9. Rumors Do Not Equal Reality � Rumors begin with �I read somewhere that�� or �I heard from someone that�.� Before long, the rumor becomes reality, as �I know that�� passes from person to person. These stories are often false. For instance, everyone knows George Washington chopped down a cherry tree and couldn�t lie about it. He also had wooden teeth. Both stories are false.

10. Unexplained Is Not Inexplicable � Just because you can�t explain something doesn�t mean it can�t be explained. Firewalking seems inexplicable, but once you know the explanation it seems obvious. The same goes for all magic tricks. And even if an expert can�t explain it doesn�t mean it can�t be explained someday. Think of how many things � from germs to atoms to evolution � couldn�t be explained two hundred years ago!

11. Failures Are Rationalized � Scientists acknowledge failures and reformulate theories. Pseudoscientists ignore or rationalize failures.

12. After-the-Fact Reasoning � Also known as, �post hoc, ergo propter hoc,� literally, �after this, therefore because of this.� It�s superstition. Because I carried a rabbit�s foot, I sold more products today. Because I have blonde hair, I�m ditzy. Because I used a dowsing stick, I struck water. All superstition. Correlation does not mean causation.

13. Coincidence � Most people have a very poor understanding of the law of probability. Say you are about to make a call and as your hand touches the phone they call you. How could that be a coincidence? It must be ESP. We forget about the other thousand times we call someone and they don�t call us first. You make 5 baskets in a row, and you�re �on fire.� But statistically your chances are the same as a coin-flip. The human mind looks for patterns and often finds them when there are none.

14. Representativeness � Something may seem unusual when it�s not. Baselines must be established. For instance, tapping and scratching sounds in your house may be ghosts, but it�s probably just pipes and rats. Many ships are lost at the Bermuda Triangle, but only because there are more shipping lanes there than in surrounding areas. When that is factored in, the accident rate is actually lower in the Bermuda Triangle.

15. Emotive Words and False Analogies � Loaded language can be used to provoke emotion and obscure rationality. Industry can be called �raping the environment� or abortion �murdering innocent children� or a political opponent a �communist.� Rarely does this further rational thought, but clouds the issue with emotion and rhetoric.

16. Appeal to Ignorance � This claims if you can�t disprove something, it must be true. So if you can�t disprove psychic power or ESP or ghosts, they must be real. The problem is you can�t disprove Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy, either. Belief should come from positive evidence in support of a claim, not a lack of evidence.

17. Attacking the man �Redirect the focus from thinking about the idea to thinking about the person holding the idea. Calling Darwin a racist or a politician a communist or past figure a slaveholder does not discredit their ideas.

18. Hasty Generalization � Also known as prejudice, or drawing conclusions before the facts warrant. A couple of bad teachers and it�s a bad school. A couple of bad cars and that brand of automobile is unreliable.

19. Overreliance on Authorities � We must be careful not to accept a wrong idea from someone we respect, nor write off a good idea because of a supporter we disrespect. Examining the evidence ourselves helps us avoid these errors.

20. Either-Or � This is the argument that when one position is wrong, another must be accepted. For instance, creationists spend much of their time attacking evolution because they think if evolution is wrong, then creationism must be right. But for a theory to be accepted, it must be superior to the old theory. A new theory needs evidence in favor of it, not just against the opposition.

21. Circular Reasoning � Also known as begging the question, this is when the conclusion or claim is merely a restatement of one of the premises. For instance in religion: Is there a God? Yes. How do you know? Because my holy book says so. How do you know your holy book is correct? Because it was inspired by God. Or in science: What is gravity? The tendency for objects to be attracted to one another. Why are objects attracted to one another? Gravity. While these definitions can at times be useful, we need to try and construct operational definitions that can be tested, falsified, and refuted.

22. Reductio ad Absurdum and the Slippery Slope � Reductio ad absurdum is the refutation of an argument by carrying the argument to its logical end and so reducing it to absurd conclusion. For instance: Eating ice cream will cause you to gain weight. Gaining weight makes you overweight. Overweight people die of heart disease. Thus eating ice cream leads to death. A creationist might argue: Evolution doesn�t need God. If you don�t need God, you reject him. Without God, there is no morality. Therefore, people who believe in evolution reject God and have no morals.

23. Effort Inadequacies and the Need for Certainty, Control, and Simplicity � Most of us want certainty, want to control our environment, and want nice, neat simple explanations. But it doesn�t always work like that. Solutions are sometimes simple, but other times they are complex. We must be willing to make an effort to understand complex theories instead of rejecting them out of laziness.

24. Problem-Solving Inadequacies � When solving problems, we often form a hypothesis and then look only for examples to confirm it. When our hypothesis is wrong, we are slow to change our hypothesis. We also gravitate towards simple solutions even when they don�t explain everything.

25. Ideological Immunity � We all resist changing fundamental beliefs. We build up �immunity� against new ideas that do not fit within our paradigm. The higher the intelligence, the greater the potential for ideological immunity. This can be the greatest barrier to changing our weird beliefs.

Edited by Matt Browne - 07 December 2010 at 9:14am
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic