IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wearing socks for prayer  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wearing socks for prayer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuraB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wearing socks for prayer
    Posted: 23 October 2010 at 4:58pm
Salamo Aleikom all

As you all know, in about a month there's the second Eid. For my family that entails visits from the in-laws and the Eid prayer and consequently me dealing with the frustration of sock-less feet during prayer.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but we (as women) are meant to cover our feet during prayer, right?

I recall the hadith that the Prophet Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wa salam) had said (I believe) to Asmaa that for a woman the awrah is everything except the hands and face. Not hands, face and feet. 

Call me crazy Wink but I would think that if we are to wear jalaba and khilmar during prayer out of respect for Allah
Subhanahu wa ta'ala then it would be redonkulous to cover every inch of our bodies except for our feet.

Call me crazier Wink but I would think that a public prayer like Eid prayer would mean we would cover our feet.

If I am wrong, please let me know, I don't want to stress or be frustrated unnecessarily. Thanks for letting me vent.

N.B.

akshayv View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akshayv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2018 at 3:28am
I have a bunion, hammer toes, wide front foot and narrow heel, low arches but none of that matters with the construction of orthofeet's shoes. I used to have pain in my heels and balls of my feet but no more. Yesterday I walked 7 miles and didn't come home with that "I can't wait to get these shoes off" feeling you get with other brands. They start off comfortable and stay comfortable. Thank you!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic