IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 'Niqab Rage'  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed'Niqab Rage'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 9:01am
Sign Reader, rape happens in the US, France, Germany, Egypt, Algeria, Pakistan, India, Japan... The list is endless. It's a despicable crime and all countries should do everything that helps prevent it.

The same applies to genital mutilation for cultural or religious reasons. As an example a 2005 study found that over 95% of Egyptian women have undergone some form of female genital cutting.

I already shared my views about adultery above.
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

Are you aware that many Muslims living in France are against niqabs and burqas too? See the speech below.

Matt: She(Djemila Benhabib) is not a Muslim, nice try anyways!
Why should any one give her any importance over here?

France created a mountain of a molehill, it is their problem to live with it!

If they had not colonized Algeria we wouldn't be discussing this! Would we?
If the illiterate Algerians migrated to the masters lands and discovered their lost faith and then some of the French women found solace in Islam than the French nudity so what is so novel about it?

IMO it is also a political statement if done by the local French ladies...

Edited by Sign*Reader - 20 November 2010 at 1:56pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Matt Browne Matt Browne wrote:

Sign Reader, rape happens in the US, France, Germany, Egypt, Algeria, Pakistan, India, Japan... The list is endless. It's a despicable crime and all countries should do everything that helps prevent it.

The same applies to genital mutilation for cultural or religious reasons. As an example a 2005 study found that over 95% of Egyptian women have undergone some form of female genital cutting.

I already shared my views about adultery above.

You are obfuscating the point, I know it happens other places! I quoted you a living case where the victim is being literally abused and you have gone on a tangent!
Prevent itConfused Tell how to?

Edited by Sign*Reader - 20 November 2010 at 1:35pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 1:39pm

Matt Browne see even the Orthodox Jews are better than the Bible thumpers!
http://www.vosizneias.com/66626/2010/10/20/canada-orthodox-jews-challenge-quebec-on-niqab-ban

Edited by Sign*Reader - 21 November 2010 at 7:27pm
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 2:11pm

I don't understand why the sensitivity to someone saying Muslims should self-criticize their community as as well as theirselves. I believe individually we can use some constructiuve criticism however, I do believe which is what I've been saying earlier is that in the media Muslims are losing the battle and many concinced people believe Islam deplores women. I know there is no discernment between country and religion but I can't take my brain and place it to the millions or so people being sensitive to the comment is not going to change the fact thaqt people in this world really make that association.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic