IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Understanding  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Understanding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hope95531 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Understanding
    Posted: 12 September 2010 at 2:02pm
hello,
I am a non-muslim wishing to convert to islam. I have been reading about it and find it to be a beautiful religion. Though before I make the leap, I have a few questions. As an American woman, you can imagine some difficulties in understanding a woman's role in islam. Could somebody help explain it to me? I am engaged to a muslim man and would like to surprise him with me converting. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2010 at 7:00am
Welcome to Islamicity Hope.

Wishing you a very happy stay.

Woman's role in Islam - Can you be specific in your question. We shall try to explain you broadly over that particular subject.

Please do write to us

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 12:58pm
Hello Hope,

Welcome to the forum.

You may like to refer to the following link that may be helpful:

The Status of Women in Islam

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic