IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Holy Qur'an and Jesus' Trinity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Holy Qur'an and Jesus' Trinity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IssaEl999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2011 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Egwpisteuw Egwpisteuw wrote:

Originally posted by IssaEl999 IssaEl999 wrote:

None Of The Above Verse Are Stateing Yashu'a , Isa , Jesus , Himself Claiming That He Is God Himself.

Nonsense. That is exactly what Jesus is claiming here. Jesus is saying in John 14:9 exactly what John said in John 1:18:

No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

Jesus is "the only begotten God" the member of the Trinity who explains the Father. This is what Jesus means in John 14:9 "He who has seen me has seen the Father."

Originally posted by IssaEl999 IssaEl999 wrote:

Your Wromg Again , According To El's Holy Torah Second Scroll Of The Law To The Israelites Exodus  Revealed In The Year 1512 B.C.E. In Aramic LOL  Chapter 33 ;  11 , And I Quote ; And A ( Yahuwa ) < Dawbar > '' Spoke '' To Moses < Fawbeem > '' Face '' To < Fawbeem > '' Face '' , As A < Eesh > '' Male '' Living Being  < Dawbar > '' Speaks '' To His < Rayah > Friend .

IssaEl999 you suffer from the same disease as many Muslims, you throw in "everything but the kitchen sink" in your posts. Please make you points briefly and succintly with the goal of clarification not obfuscation.

First, the Torah was revealed in Hebrew not Aramaic--closely related languages but different nonetheless.

Second in John 1:18, the word for seen in the Greek is ὁράω (horao) which can mean not only

1. to see with the eyes

but also

2. to see with the mind (i.e. spiritually see), i.e. perceive (with inward spiritual perception).

That it is this second meaning that is in view in John 1:18 is clear from the use of the word ἐξηγέομαι (exegeomai) in the second part of the verse. ἐξηγέομαι (exegeomai) means to declare, unfold, explain, draw out, it was specifically used in Greek "of the interpretation of things sacred and divine, oracles, dreams, etc."

Thus John 1:18 means that No man has ever perceived, understood, or come to know God expect through the Only Begotten God, who is the second person of the Trinity, God the Son, The Lord Jesus Christ.

Thus John 14:9 makes perfect sense:

Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father '?

The word for seen here is also ὁράω (horao). Thus again one perceives, understands, comes to know the Father through the Son, Jesus Christ.

You Know People Like Yourself Are So Funny , If You Took Half The Time To Really Research / Study The Language And It's History And Not His -Story You'll Be Better Off . Trying To Compare Me To Anyone Here Is A Very Big Mistake . Now I Want To  Go Get Your By -Bill And Read / Compare What's Written Below . And Try Again And Clean Up That Stillyness You Post Above . Ok Also Take It To You Teacher , Minister , Pastors , Socalled Religious Scholar / So-called Theologian And Ask Them To Explain What Written Below If You Dare Ok .

It Is A Scientific Fact That Archeologists Have Found Tablets Dated Thousands Of Years Before Your Actual Adam < Aramic  > , A Name Merely Meaning Of The '' Dark Browish Red Ground '' And Eve ( Hawwah ) < Aramic > Which Means '' Life Or Living '' The Earliest Known Documents In Cuneiform Were Recorded In Sumerian . The Language Of The Inhabitants Of Southern Mesopotamia And Chaldea . These Documents Were Tablets Known As ; The Atra - Hasis , The Enuma Elish , And The Gilgames Epics . Tablets Of The Descent Of Ishtar To The Underworld , Tablets Of Nergal And Arishkegal  , Tablets Of Adapa , Tablets Of Etana , The Akkadian Tablets And Many More , Cuneiform Was Used As Script As Well A Spoken Language By The Eloheem , And Later From This Language Came The Language Ashuric / Syriac ( Arabic ) And Aramic / Phoenician ( Hebrew ) .

The Enuma Elish '' Means '' When On High , '' The Enuma Elish , Which Is The Babylonian Story Of Creation , Is Named After The First Two Words Of The Narrative Of The Babylonian Book '' Enuchus . ''  These Tablets Were Recorded Way Before Aramic / Phoenician ( Hebrew ) Or Ashuric / Syriac ( Arabic ) Even Existed . The Ashuric Language Spelled Asshur Stemmed From Asshu , A Son Of Shem Who Was The Son Of Noah , Just Like Aram ( Genesis 10 ; 21 - 23 ) . Aramic / Phoencian ( Hebrew ) Genesis 10 ; 22  , Asshuric / Syriac ( Arabic ) Genesis 10 ; 22 , Asshur Son Of Shem And Faatin / Aram Son Of Shem And Fattin .

Aramic Comes From A Man Named Aram , The 5Th Son Of Shem As Mentioned In Genesis 10 ; 22 . Aramic ( Hebrew ) Was The Language Of The Aramaeans , The Descendants Of Aram .

Ancestral Lineage Of Aram ; Aram Son Of Genesis 10 ; 22 ... Shem Sons Of Genesis 5 ; 32 ... Noah Son Of Genesis 5 ; 32 .... Lamech Son Of Genesis 5 ; 28 - 29 .....Methusael Son Of Genesis 5 ; 25 ..... Enoch Son Of Genesis 5 ; 21 .... Jared Son Of Genesis 5 ; 18 ..... Mahalaleel Son Of Genesis 5 ; 15 ..... Kenan Son Of Genesis 5 ; 12 ..... Enosh Son Of Genesis 5 ; 9 ..... Seth Son Of Genesis 5 ; 6 ..... Adam Son Of Genesis 5 ; 3 .....

The Country Aram Settled In Was Then Called '' Aram , '' Number 23 ; 7 . The Fact . The Language Was Named After Aram Himself , Proves That He Was A Leader , A Chief , Or A Mighty Man In His Tribe . When A Dialect Evolved , It Usually Was Named After The Most Powerful , Or Outsanding Member Of The Tribe , Or Clan , In This Case It Was Aram . The Name Of The Country Of Aram Appears In The Hebrew Scriptures Psalm 60 ; 1 As Aramnaharaim Meaning '' Aram Of The Two Rivers , '' It Was Called This Because It Was Located Between The Tigris ( Idiglat ) And Euphrates ( Firattu ) Rivers . Where The Atumiy ( Watusies ) Lived . Aram Was Also Called Pdan , Or Paddan - Aram Genesis 28 ; 2 , Meaning '' The Plain ( Flatlands ) '' Of Aram In Genesis 25 ; 20 , And Comes From The Word Paddan < Aramic > Which Means  '' A Plateau . '' In The Aramic ( Hebrew ) . It Appears In The Feminine Form As Padana Which Means '' A Plateau , '' All Of The Syrians Are Arameans , Meaning '' The People Are Called Aramaeans '' And They Are Also The Assyrian Nation, But Speaking A Different Dialect . Don't Confuse The Aramaeans , Or Syrians Of The Past With The People Who Reside In These Areas Called Iraq And Syria Today . The Aramic ( Hebrew ) Language Evoled Into Different Dialects And Is Labeled As Ancient , Official , Middle , Late , Eastern And Modern Aramic ( Hebrew ) . However , Ashuric / Syriac ( Arabic ) Was A Late Dialect Of Aramic ( Hebrew ) , Written In A Number Of Flowing Scripts .

You Might Ask . Is Aramic ( Hebrew ) And Ashuric / Syriac ( Arabic ) The Same Language ? What Is Called The Aramic ( Hebrew ) Tongue Is Translated As The Ashuric / Syriac ( Arabic ) Tongue ; And Because These Languages Were The Most Ancient , And They Sounded Similar , They Were Sometimes Thought To Be The Same Language . You Can See That The Languages Aramic ( Hebrew ) And Ashuric / Syriac ( Arabic ) Came From Accadian Also Spelled Akkadian , One Of The Languages Of Sumer Was Also A Form Of Cuneiform . In Aramic ( Hebrew ) Accad , In The Ashuric / Syriac ( Arabic ) , Acaadi Comes From Genesis 10 ; 10 , The Accadian ( Akkadian ) Language , Written In Cuneiform , Was A Semitic Tongue Related To Hebrew , Arabic , And Aramic . The Oldest Accadian ( Akkadian ) Cuneiform Inscriptions Date From The Old Accadian Or Early Accadian Period During The Inscriptions Of The Great Ruler Sargon ( 2334 - 2279 B.C.E. Isaiah 20 ; 11 ) . Excerpts From The Bible Were Extracted From These Tablets Which Help To Prove That The Bible ( Wasn't Divinely Sent By Some All Powerful Loving Deity Who Lives Up In Heaven ) .

Also The Torah Couldn't Originally Have Been Recorded In Ashuric / Syriac ( Arabic ) Or Aramic ( Hebrew ) If The First Time The Languages Were Mentioned Were In Genesis 10 ; 22 . The Gilgamesh Epic Pre-Date The Bible . The Gilgamesh Epic , Is Considered One Of The Greatest Stories Of The Accadian Language . Gilgamesh , Is Said To Be The Fifth King Of Uruk ( Around 2600 B.C.E. ) A City In Mesopotamia In Genesis 10 ; 10 As Erech ( Uruk ) . The Tablets Themselves Are Not Named ; Just The Story On The Tablets . Epic Means '' Stories Or Fables '' . Theologians Call These Writings '' The Gilgamesh Epic '' . Which Is Really The Muniyr Tablets Or Tablets Of Light . Also Known As The Illumination Tablets , Because It Focuses On A King Whose Name Was Gilgamesh ( Iz Dubar ) ; The Name Gilgamesh Is From Cuneiform Or Chaldean , The Great Rules Of The Two Rivers Tigris ( Idglat ) And Euphrates ( Furattau ) Who Was 2 / 3 Eloheem And 1 / 3 Human .

They Also Give More Accurate Accounts Of These Events Concerning The Creation , Thus , The Story On The Tablet Of Gilgamesh , Parallels With The Story Of Noah And The Food . Noah's Real Name Was Utnafishtim And He Was Also Called Ziu Sudra And Kumarbi . In Aramic ( Hebrew ) The Name No - Akh Means '' To Rest Down Upon ( Genesis 8 ; 4 ) Describing What The Ark Itself Did , And If You Read It In The Original Language , It Tells You That It Not Only Floated , But It Also Flew , Or Lifted Up Off Of The Water ; The Word Is Naw - Saw '' To Lift , Bear Up , Lift Up '' When It Landed , And Not The Person Noah , But A Craft , So How Could That Be His Name Before This Yahuwa ( Genesis 7 ; 9 ) Called Him At The Age Of 600 In Genesis 7 ; 6 To Build A Tay - Baw , '' Ark Or Craft , Or A Vessel '' , In Genesis 6 ; 14 , Another Epic  Written In Cuneiform Script Is Called The Enuma Elish Which Is The Babylonian Creation Epic , The Story Has Similarities To The Biblical Story Of Creation

By The Way Trinity Is Fakeeeeeeee .
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2011 at 5:22am
Originally posted by Mansoor_ali Mansoor_ali wrote:

There is no reason to take this verse to mean that Christ was saying that he and the Father make up �one God.�

Nonsense. You obviously neglected to keep reading:

31The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. 32Jesus answered them, �I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?� 33The Jews answered Him, �For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.� John 10:31-33

The Jews who were 1.) physically present; 2.) contemporaries of Jesus; 3.)of the same cultural and linguistic milieu as Jesus; took Jesus' statement in John 10:30 "I and the Father are one" to mean that he was declaring himself to be God.

Jesus declared His Deity in John 10:30. To deny it is ludicrous.

"...You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.�
John 10:31-33

You remind me one of the articles written by Brother Sami.

Brother Sami:

The Jewish Accusations

One common argument that Christians raise is that certain Jews accused him of committing blasphemy, making himself equal to God, and claiming to be God, and for this they wanted to stone him. As a result of this Christians therefore claim that since the Jews accused him of making such statements, then Jesus must have made these claims.

Indeed such logic is very faulty and shows the sheer desperation of some Christians, for instance would a judge hold a defendant guilty simply based on someone else's accusation? Of course not! Just because someone accuses you of something does not mean the accusation is true, this is common sense, yet Christians want us to throw out or common sense and simply accept the Jewish accusation.

What makes this more interesting is that Christians are very inconsistent, yes, some Jews accused him of blasphemy, but the Jews have accused Jesus of much worst, and we can find these accusations within the Talmud, for instance we read:

R. Shimeaon ben 'Azzai said: I found a genealogical roll in Jerusalem wherein was recorded, "Such-an-one is a ****** of an adulteress."

MISHNAH.[104b] If one writes on his flesh, he is culpable; He who scratches a mark on his flesh. He who scratches a mark on his flesh, [etc.] It was taught, R. Eliezar said to the sages: But did not Ben Stada bring forth witchcraft from Egypt by means of scratches [in the form of charms] upon his flesh? He was a fool, answered they, proof cannot be adduced from fools. [Was he then the son of Stada: surely he was the son of Pandira? - Said R. Hisda: The husband was Stada, the paramour was Pandira. But the husband was Pappos b. Judah? - his mother was Stada. But his mother was Miriam the hairdresser? - It is as we said in Pumbeditha: This is one has been unfaithful to (lit., 'turned away from'- satath da) her husband.] (Shabbath 104b)

R. Papa said: When the Mishnah states a MESITH IS A HEDYOT, it is only in respect of hiding witnesses. For it has been taught: And for all others for whom the Torah decrees death, witnesses are not hidden, excepting for this one. How is it done? - A light is lit in an inner chamber, the witnesses are hidden in an outer one [which is in darkness], so that they can see and hear him, but he cannot see them. Then the person he wishes to seduce says to him, "Tell me privately what thou hast proposed to me"; and he does so. Then he remonstrates; "But how shall we forsake our God in Heaven, and serve idols?" If he retracts, it is well. But if he answers: "It is our duty and seemly for us," the witnesses who were listening outside bring him to Beth din, and have him stoned. ["And thus they did to Ben Stada in Lydda, and they hung him on the even of Passover." Ben Stada was Ben Pandira. R. Hisda said: The husband was Stada, the paramour Pandira. But as not the husband Pappos b. Judah? - His mother's name was Stada. But his mother was Miriam, a dresser of woman's hair? - As they say in Pumpbaditha, This woman has turned away (satath da) from her husband, (i.e. committed adultery).]

And it is tradition: On the eve of Passover they hung Jeshu [the Nazarene]. And the crier went forth before him forty days (saying), [Jeshu the Nazarene] goeth forth to be stoned, because he hath practiced magic and deceived and led Israel astray. Anyone who knoweth aught in his favor, let him come and declare concerning him. And they found naught in his favor. And they hung him on the eve of the Passover. Ulla said, 'Would it be supposed that [Jeshu the Nazarene] a revolutionary, had aught in his favor?' He was a deceiver and the Merciful (i.e. God) hath said (Deut. xiii 8), ?Thou shalt not spare, neither shalt thou conceal him.' But it was different with [Jeshu the Nazarene] for he was near the kingdom.'" (Sanhedrin 43a)

So notice, certain Jews also accused Jesus of being a ****** child, the son of Mary who committed adultery, and on top of that they claim that Jesus practiced magic! Why do Christians not accept these accusations? If Christians want to be consistent then they should also accept this filthy accusations about Jesus, but off course they wont, because Christians lack consistency and an honest method of argumentation, they will only pick and choose which Jewish accusations suit them.

So with that said let us now quote the Jewish accusations against Jesus, the ones the Christians like to use, and the ones the Christians like to agree with, and they are as follows:

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. (John 10:29-33)

So does this Jewish accusation hold any weight? Well as in any other case, whenever a witness makes a claim, the first thing you do is check if the witness is even competent enough to be trusted. So are these certain Jews even to be trusted in the first place? Well, let us let Jesus answer that question:

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. (John 8:44)

So Jesus calls his accusers LIARS, and the son of the devil, who is the father of liars! What else does Jesus say about his accusers:

He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. (Mark 7:6-9)

So according to Jesus his accusers are hypocrites, they do not follow their Torah, rather they throw it away, and use their own man made traditions. So it is quite clear that these accusers are not competent enough to be trusted, nor is their speech to be taken as evidence, let us summarize what we know about these accusers so far:

-They are Liars

-They are hypocrites

-They are the sons of the devil

-They are murderers

-They do not follow God's commands, rather they throw it away

-They follow their own man made traditions in the place of God's commands

Wow! And these are the people whom the Christians want us to believe?! I don't think so. Now having said all of this, why don't we go to what the BELIEVERS said about Jesus? The People who actually believed in Jesus, and were not against him, why don't go to what they said? I advise all readers to go and read the following links, which shows what the BELIEVERS were saying about Jesus:

http://muslim-responses.com/Son_of_God_and_Messiah/Son_of_God_and_Messiah_

http://muslim-responses.com/Just_a_Prophet/Just_a_Prophet_

http://muslim-responses.com/Was_Jesus_God_according_to_Mary/Was_Jesus_God_according_to_Mary_

Now with all of that said, why don't we look at what Jesus said in response to the accusations? You have to feel sorry for Jesus, these Christians who claim to love him do not even allow the man to speak and defend himself! They just listen to the accusations of liars, and then simply conclude the accusations are true, and send this innocent man Jesus to hang on the tree! Thank God that these Christians are not judges in real courts, or we would all be doomed, they would not even bother to hear you case, and listen to your defence!

So let us see Jesus' defence, what he said in response to the accusations, and this is his defence:

Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?  (John 10:32-36)

So this is Jesus' defence, as you can notice Jesus does not accept their accusation, rather he rejects their accusation, notice what he says:

Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?  

So Jesus rejects their accusation, rather he tells them I CALL MYSELF THE SON OF GOD, and as anyone knows, the term son of God does not make you God, rather it made you a servant of God. If you also notice, Jesus uses some irony with them, he tells these Jews that they are called gods, yet I call myself the son of God and you claim I am blaspheming and making myself God?! So this is what we have here:

Pharisee: You Jesus made blasphemy!

Jesus: Why?

Pharisee: You make yourself to be God

Jesus: I call myself the Son of God, yet you are called gods.

Pharisee: stoneeeeeee him!

This is not the only place where Jesus defends himself, there was another time where Jesus was forced to defend himself, and his defence was the following:

But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. (John 8:40)

Here Jesus defends himself again, and notice what he says, you want to kill me, A MAN who has told you the truth, the truth I HAVE HEARD FROM GOD! So Jesus does two things, he tells them that he is a man, and he makes sure to distinguish and separate himself from God!

More interestingly the word for man that is used here is ANTHROPOS in the Greek, this specific word is used to distinguish man from God, basically when someone is called ANTHROPHOS, it is meant to separate him from the divine, and to let everyone know that this person is neither divine, nor is he God! So the word that Jesus uses is a specific word that is specifically meant to allow the people to know that Jesus is not divine, rather he is separate from the divine, and separate from God!

So far we have seen that the accusers are not competent witnesses, and we have also seen that Jesus REJECTED their accusations. So let us now see the real reason as to why these certain Jews accused Jesus of blasphemy, was it really for blasphemy, or was it for other reasons? Well let us let Jesus speak for himself:

The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil. (John 7:7)

So Jesus gives the reasons as to why the people hate him, and as you can notice, it is not because he claims to be God, rather it is because he exposes their evils! If anyone has read the four Gospels, then one will see that Jesus time and time again exposed the Pharisees. Jesus exposed the Pharisees for their corruption, hypocrisy, and by doing so he essentially became a major threat against them. The Pharisees had money, power, and were in control of their people, yet Jesus' preaching was a major threat to them, and had the potential to destroy them, hence they had to get rid of Jesus. Now what better way to get of Jesus? Well, you accuse the man of false crimes, and for the Jews blasphemy was one of the worst crimes, it was even much much worst for a man to claim he was God, and then double that with accusing this man of being a false Messiah! In fact if we read the book of Acts, we will see that the Pharisees precisely did this! We read:

Then they suborned men, which said, We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses, and against God. And they stirred up the people, and the elders, and the scribes, and came upon him, and caught him, and brought him to the council, And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law: For we have heard him say, that this Jesus of Nazareth shall destroy this place, and shall change the customs which Moses delivered us. (Acts 6:11-14)

As you can see, these certain Jews started stirring up the people against the apostles, making false accusations against the apostles that they were preaching that Jesus would destroy their place, and change the laws of Moses. Notice how these Jews also brought FALSE WITNESSES who basically made things up!

So essentially these Jews did the same thing with Jesus, they set up false lies against him, they did so because he was a major threat to him, and they had to get rid of this threat, and the only way to get rid of this threat was by producing false claims against the man, thankfully Allah saved Jesus from their plans and saved him from the cross!

So to summarize what we have:

-Certain Jews accused Jesus of blasphemy, making himself God

-These Jews are not even competent to be trusted

-Jesus rejected their accusations

-Jesus said that the reason why they hated him was because he exposed their evils, not because he claimed to be God

-Jesus was a threat against the Pharisees, hence they began to create lies against Jesus, so they could use these lies as an excuse to murder him

-We have evidence that these Jews did create lies, and falsehoods against apostles of Jesus.

So in conclusion the Jewish accusations mean nothing, rather the Jewish accusations serve as arguments against the divinity of Jesus as he rejected their claims, so I advise Christians to get better arguments.

And Allah Knows Best!

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 3:48pm
Jack,
in a conversation between you and Mansoor you wrote the following:
"
(Mansoor writes) "Common sense dictates that the one giving and the one being given are separate entities, thus proving the giver (God) and one given (Jesus) are NOT the same - Jesus is NOT God.

(Jack writes response) By posting the above, aren't you agreeing with Egwpisteuw when he posted the comment:  "..the picture being painted here is one of a single fork with three prongs..." in that the prongs are definately sperate, as you say, though the fork is but one fork?"

You are serious I imagine supporting the fork example, I hope you re not.
I do not know where a fork fits or a spoon in an example, but someone has to hold and use that fork? by itself a fork is of no use. God on the other hand is not like a fork, of no use unless someone use it? I don't think so. So I would suggest to come up with a bit more comparable example. And Mansoor has said somthing that is very clear that there is a big differance between the one who gives and the one who is given. They are not the same. God is the only one that gives, and that is what the point is. Jesus (pbuh) was given, life and whatever he had, including the power to heal, or to give life to birds of clay, by the power of God. This he acknoweldged, which is a proof for those who needed it. Even though for those of us God fearing believers who will never equate anyone equal to God could not imagine such a blasphamy to creep into our minds or hearts, it was made clear to all that whatever powers he is given, note given, is given by God. The God is the only "Giver". What Chrsitians take as "holy ghost" is not God, in fact it is angel(s) under God's command. And as we know it is also given (whatever), given by God as clearly mentioned.
And that solves the mystry for Christians, if they make that clear and truthful distinction between the only Giver, Jusus and holy ghost on the recieving end make sense and solves that puzzle and mystry that they refer to as a "Mystry of Faith".
Hasan  

Edited by honeto - 29 March 2011 at 3:56pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic