IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why building a mosque near "ground zero" is bad  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why building a mosque near "ground zero" is bad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 55>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IssaEl999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why building a mosque near "ground zero" is bad
    Posted: 26 March 2011 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

Palestine will never get their land back that discussion should be over.

Never Say Never !
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2011 at 6:17pm
Palestine will never get their land back that discussion should be over.
IssaEl999 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IssaEl999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2011 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Larry Larry wrote:

abuayisha,

I agree there are other allies and vital partners. Bahrain is the home of the U.S. Fifth Fleet. We have close relations with Oman, Kuwait and the UAE. We also have strategic partners like Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, etc.

As far as the Palestinian problem goes, who does the U.S. deal with in the West Bank and Gaza? Hamas and Hezbollah are major problems in Lebanon and Gaza as they don't even recognize Israel as a country. The hatreds there have gone on for thousands of years back to the Israelite and Philistines.

How do you broker relations between two sides who have much reason NOT to come to a solution? Palestinian rocket attacks followed by Israeli counter raids, over and over again. There seems to be little desire on the part of the Palestinians to come to a mutual agreement with Israel, and the same for Israel to do the same thing. I'm not saying that Israel is always right and the same for the Palestinians. The hate needs to stop and the spiral of violence has to end somewhere, but no one wants to be the first to give in, that's the problem.

To be fair, the Palestinians aren't exactly loved by all the countries in the region by far. They're hostility to Israel is understandable in a way, but they need to recognize that Israel isn't going to go away and they need to deal with the reality. I have always believed that a non-violent protest on the part of the Palestinians would do more good than anything, how can you attack someone who is being peaceful and non-violent? There can be no Israeli attacks without provocations and world sympathy would rapidly build up for the Palestinian cause.

But I think the hatreds run too deep for any real solution anytime soon.

Israel has nuclear weapons, lots of them, this reality is not going away. Pakistan has nuclear weapons too. Hopefully Iran won't start making nuclear weapons anytime soon as that government is unstable and widely hated by the Iranians.

The Middle East has been an untractable problem for many American Presidents. Jimmy Carter got Egypt and Israel to open diplomatic relations, which was a good thing, but Anwar Sadat was assassinated partly in response to this action.

There is a lot of support in Israel in the United States, because of longtime historical and religious reasons by Jews and Christians. and the same holds for the Palestinians in the Middle East with the Muslims. Trying to get the two together has proven unsucessful so many times. There will probably not be two states, Israel and Palestine, living together peacefully in my lifetime, I'm 58. It's a shame too. There are good people on both sides of this issue, but it seems the focus is always on the extremists on both sides.

I really don't know what will happen, but unfortunately, for the above reasons, I don't expect any breakthroughs any time soon. America is not going to desert Israel but I believe that there is a lot of pressure from Washington on Israel to stop the settlement building and property takeovers in East Jerusalem. But the Palestinians do not have clean hands rither and they need to reject violence as a negotiating tactic and seriously think about what is best for the Palestinian people.

I know that I don't know what the answer is. I don't think anyone really does.

Larry

The Answer To The Question Give Palestinian There Land Back And Stop Bully Them .
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 8:37pm
Gibbs,

Aw Shucks, you do like me after all!

Larry
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 10:27pm
SignReader

I am not concerned with changing the name. SignReader I personally like you because you are opinionated like Mr. Ron Webb and I too like Ron Webb and even Larry.

However my position hasn't changed (Ron). However I agree with Ron in that this mosque issue is bigger than the actual physical foundations. And no Sign I am not blind to the unfairness and mistreatment of Muslims, I just dislike unjust ones like I hate and dislike unjust racist jews. I believe Ron Webb is on to something however.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Gibbs I think you need to change the name of the thread unless you want point view postings not being factual! I see Daisy Khan, Imam Rauf�s wife and partner, in August 2010 said:

We insist on calling it a prayer space and not a mosque, because
you can use a prayer space for activities apart from prayer. You can't
stop anyone who is a Muslim despite his religious ideology from entering
the mosque and staying there. With a prayer space, we can control who
gets to use it.<sup id="cite_ref-FTZero_79-1"><span></span><span></span>I think this pretty much settles the premise of this shouting match is not even understood by reactionaries and that is sad state of affairs understandably people in dire economic straights lead by the demagogues!Now the religious aspect being clear it really doesn't matter where this community hall does get built or does ever...

I have come to the conclusion I don't care what muslims do, so long as they don't impede in my own personal freedom. As I said before the reaction of people are symptomatic to the post traumatic stress experienced on 9/11. By the way that juan williams piece is in the wrong thread my man.

Was it too much to ask for the thread name change my friend ?
I don't see how Muzlims can really impede your freedom whilst the Z'nist have done so much in impeding freedoms of Muzlims any or every place... one doesn't have to be too scholarly to know only exception the wingnuts though!
The reaction of the people can't be limitless... it is about time to conclude, is every life as valuable or one's in your precinct have some special preferences over others!
The reaction of the people in the Park 51 precincts still was not symptomatic being against; rather lower Manhattanites support the project! That should can't be overlooked! That exactly happened in our school district where common sense of the board prevailed against the busloads of the outside bible thumpers who made a fool of themselves yelling and screaming at the meeting for curriculum revision to show things Islam in bad light!

It became PTS scene once the blowhard Geller was given the platform by the tribe's media and later joined by the scummy politicians to make hay! That is well and good let them burn it down it has happened in places 3000 miles away...  
Juan(being on the wingnuts and tribe's payroll) part was just an additional example the author added in making the point!
IMO the Muzlims in the US have been too easy going to a point of acting in bondage to their creature comforts. May be the some kicking around will get them politically realistic and active...
But one thing for sure making the American Muzlims guilty for the doings of Saudi Arabs just doesn't add up while they lost their own! This point has to be understood to make some clarity! I could understand the bellyaching if the Saudis were part of the project but these local Muzlims who were there in the precincts when 911 happened also grieved for the loss rather Muzlims did across the whole land!
I think only the lower Manhattanites should have the final say one way or the other NO ONE ELSE. Period

Edited by Sign*Reader - 09 January 2011 at 6:28pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Larry View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 8:48pm
Ron Webb,

You say, "This is not about the community centre anymore."

You're right, it has now become the great litmus test of the American people in regard to their being either anti-Islam/anti Muslim or not.

Remember, we're talking about a COMMUNITY CENTER.

This issue is about Imam Rauf and the planners completely misreading the community that they want to build their mosque/community center to serve and outreach to. The local community clearly has no problem with building a mosque/community center in Manhattan, they just don't want it built 600 feet from Ground Zero.

The residents of Manhattan have every right to support or not support this issue. They feel that it is insensitive and unsympathetic of their feelings for the Imam and the planners to INSIST on building a 13 story mosque/community center at 51 Park when the community clearly does not want them to.

For the Imam and planners to simply turn a deaf ear to and disregard the feelings and deeply held emotions of those people that this mosque/community center is supposed to serve, is, in fact, incredibly insensitive and provocative.

And the more that Imam Rauf and the planners INSIST on not moving the site under ANY circumstances, the more the community feels that there is another agenda at work here.

The Governor of New York went out of his way to help the situation by making prime state-owned property in Manhattan available to the Imam and planners. But Imam Rauf and the planners are not interested in compromise, there is no middle ground, NO INTEREST IN WORKING WITH THE COMMUNITY OR LOCAL GOVERNMENT.

There is an agenda here and only Imam Rauf and the planners seem to know what that agenda is. But clearly, the Imam and planners aren't concerned about the feelings of the local COMMUNITY in regard to their COMMUNITY CENTER.

No, the Imam and planners will just allow the community to be accused of being anti-Islam and anti-Muslim if they don't get their way in this matter.

That should really make the local community feel better about their NEW COMMUNITY CENTER, shouldn't it?

Larry

Edited by Larry - 31 October 2010 at 9:24pm
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 10:44am

Moralizing?  Larry, the question of whether building the community center is "bad" clearly is a moral issue.  Unless you think it's bad because of structural issues or something...

Gibbs, I'm sorry if you think my analogies are off-topic, but I think they precisely illustrate the real issue here.  Building the community centre will not solve the problem.  Neither will not building the community centre.  This is not about the community centre anymore.  Am I the only one who sees it?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 55>
  Share Topic