IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Humour
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Humour as an excuse  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Humour as an excuse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beechlgz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Humour as an excuse
    Posted: 16 July 2010 at 10:22am
Ever noticed how a lot of humour picks on people?

Or certain categories of people?

I find it quite horrible. I grew up with it and all I can say is, everyone who says "oh, it's just a joke get over yourself" does, deep down inside, take it a little seriously themselves. On top of that they also perpetuate the stereotypes that they "joke" about. I've seen many, many jokes go from nothing other than a "laugh" (if you can call it that) to a full-blown, widely believed stereotype in less than a decade (sometimes less than a year). And it affects people's lives drastically. People start believing jokes.

If you don't believe a joke to be true, then you're insincere in even telling it in the first place. Nobody likes liars. But it seems lying is nothing more than a joke these days. *sigh*

I know what I'm going to get for this. "You can't take a joke" "no sense of humour" yeah yeah I've heard it all before. Thumbs%20Down But it doesn't change the fact that people are hiding behind the humour cloak.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2010 at 7:21pm

Three Apple Engineers and Three Microsoft Engineers

Three Apple engineers and three Microsoft engineers are traveling by train to a conference. At the station, the three Microsoft engineers each buy tickets and watch as the three Apple engineers buy only a single ticket. "How are three people going to travel on only one ticket?" asks a Microsoft engineer. "Watch and you'll see," answers the Apple engineer.

They all board the train. The Microsoft engineers take their respective seats but all three Apple engineers cram into a rest room and close the door behind them. Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the rest room door and says, "Ticket, please." The door opens just a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The conductor takes it and moves on. The Microsoft engineers saw this and agreed it was quite a clever idea. So after the conference, the Microsoft engineers decide to copy the Apple engineers (as they always do) on the return trip and save some money.

When they get to the station, they buy a single ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment, the Apple engineers don't buy a ticket at all. "How are you going to travel without a ticket?" asks one perplexed Microsoft engineer. "Watch and you'll see," answers an Apple engineer. When they board the train the three Microsoft engineers cram into a rest room and the three Apple engineers cram into another one nearby. The train departs. Shortly afterward, one of the Apple engineers leaves his rest room and walks over to the rest room where the Microsoft employees are hiding. He knocks on the door and says, "Ticket, please..."

Edited by abuayisha - 16 July 2010 at 7:25pm
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2010 at 10:19am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

......."Ticket, please..."

Good one.
bdebsib View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdebsib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2010 at 7:21am
Humor is different from person to person. Some find things funny that others don't. Some like different kinds of humor (for example, obscure humor). LOLBig%20smileLOL
Cifa View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 2:43pm
Hahaha that is a good one. Clap

I thought that the Apple Engineers were going to cram into the same restroom as the Microsoft Engineers.
RobotMenager View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobotMenager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 1:16am
Yes I must agree humor is different from person to person... And so is life !
KathyGwin View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyGwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 11:21pm
I thought they were gonna tell....I like surprise punch lines.  That was really good.Wink
tongcai View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tongcai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2010 at 9:03am
Hahaha yes i think that is a good one. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic