IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Love  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Love

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Love
    Posted: 12 July 2010 at 6:18am
I was wondering if anyone can give ther opinion on this situation, I know about what Allah says about relationships, but I was simply wondering on others opinions from people who are muslims and believe in Allah.I have been seeing a guy for nearly 7 months now and we really care about each other. However, I am chritian and he is muslim which means his parents are unaware of us being together. I can't just end the relationship just because we are from different religions; you can't help who you fall in love with. However, I do feel guilty knowing he shoudn't be with me?
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 7:47pm
Salam/Peace,

A muslim man can marry a Christian woman. It's OK. So you no need to worry.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 10:11am
Yes, it is true that a muslim man can marry a Christian woman. BUt really, should a muslim man be having a sexual relationship outside marriage? Afraid to say the answer is no.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Trigger View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 4:20pm
Thankyou, for both of your answers I didnt realise he could be with a christian girl... I know he shouldn't have a sexual relationship but I am not making him, and if he said to me he didn't want too then I would respect that. But thankyou all for being honest.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 1:25am
You're most welcome Trigger.

I hope it works out for you. Just one more pointer for you. A good muslim man will not have sex before marriage. So ask yourself if he is respecting you at all. Sex outside of marriage for muslim men does happen a lot, and many non-muslim girls are left hurt when the man marries a virgin muslim girl. Just be aware of that. Take care of yourself. ANd trust your instincts and keep enquiring her or from other reliable sources.

Hugs xx

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Trigger View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 10:27am
Awhh thankyou, I wasn't expecting everyone to be as understanding about the situation Yeh I understand about the sex thing, and I do get confused about that because he does keep to most of the other practices like ramadan and he's really strict with that....Thanks for the pointer I am aware of that, but I think i'm just going to enjoy being with him and see what happens in the future because he really does look after meeven when i'm stroppy hehe Thankyou again I hope you understand I do appreciate this. x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic