IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Supposed pictures of Prophet Muhammad  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Supposed pictures of Prophet Muhammad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Supposed pictures of Prophet Muhammad
    Posted: 31 July 2005 at 12:21am

Salaam,

I saw this site and out of curiousity here is the link

[link removed]

Edited by MOCKBA
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 12:43am

Bismillah

There are no images of the Messenger of Allah [peace be upon him], he made sure there were none and he made very clear that such pictures were prohibited. 

Muslims do not worship Prophets, they do not worship images of Prophets... they direct their prayers to Allah alone. 

MOCKBA
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 1:08am

Salaam,

My apologies brother I never intended to post the link for that purpose. But you should know plain and clear that the worship of physical images is neither what I believe in. You have my apologies for that mistake. But you should understand from what I've posted here and as a Muslim that I do not worship any images of any prophet. I appreciate the lecture but I think its an unnecessary one directed at me.

Edited by Israfil
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 6:02am

Bismillah

Your explanation is clear. This was not a lecture it was just a simple reminder (may be not necessarily directed at you alone but everyone in this forum).

If you are familiar with Islam's stand on images (particularly those concerning the Prophets) and non-existent image of Rasulullah (may peace be upon him) I do not see any reason for you to help spread someone's blasphemous lies in the form of an image... be it out of curiosity or interest.

Edited by MOCKBA
MOCKBA
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 7:25pm
Well understood
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic