IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - You know what bugs me about God?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

You know what bugs me about God?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2010 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

@Islamispeace

My original post was glitched so I couldn't post but basically what I wanted to say was not to be about masturbation but about the rule. As far as masturbation is concerned there is no medical evidence that suggest any harmful effects.

God made the complex brain and the intricate neuro systems that allow us to fantasize. Why make rules on what you've created? That is my problem. Masturbation is not harmful and is in fact the safest form of abstinence. Beauty as you seem to have your argument fixated on is not all singular.

One can be fixated on clothes, smell, or even tone of voice. I think you idea of masturbation is misguided by your perception of what it is. Temptation is nothing more than the working of your hypothalamus along with other brain areas effecting your sexual appetites.
It is harmful when it becomes addictive, which it usually does.� Furthermore, I read about a study recently on WebMD which stated that frequent masturbation increased the risk of prostate cancer in younger men, although it seemed to lower that risk in older men.� The advice of the lead author was that "moderation" was the key. But if one gets addicted to it, than there is no moderation, is there?� As the fatwa which brother abuayisha posted stated, it really depends on the situation.� If you feel that you can't control your desires and masturbation seems to keep you from acting on those desires, than it can be a useful tool, but again, moderation is important.� However, resisting the urge should be the main line of defense. �� �� As I said before, the impulses which we feel are normal, but they should only be acted upon in the proper context, which is in marriage with one's spouse.� Until one is married, it is one's duty to remain chaste.� The feelings one has are normal and as long as they remain that way, there is no blame on the person.� It is only when the person acts upon those feelings that it becomes sinful.    

Thanks to my intelligent wife I was able to ask about prostate cancer and its correlation to masturbation. According to her, alkaline which is the substance that allows sperm to survive in acidic environments e.g. The vaginal canal. As masturbation becomes more frequent so is the build up of alkaline. The alkaline buildup contributes to prostate cancer.

There are many things that contribute to this type of cancer. Besides having relatives with prostate cancer makes you a likely candidate to contract it. In addition race plays into contracting this cancer as well. This study you read is perhaps referring to a possible correlation not a cause.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2010 at 7:57pm

Masturbation 'cuts cancer risk'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3072021.stm

Disclaimer: These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of abuayisha�.

Edited by abuayisha - 27 June 2010 at 8:07pm
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2010 at 8:25pm

Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

@Islamispeace

My original post was glitched so I couldn't post but basically what I wanted to say was not to be about masturbation but about the rule. As far as masturbation is concerned there is no medical evidence that suggest any harmful effects.

God made the complex brain and the intricate neuro systems that allow us to fantasize. Why make rules on what you've created? That is my problem. Masturbation is not harmful and is in fact the safest form of abstinence. Beauty as you seem to have your argument fixated on is not all singular.

One can be fixated on clothes, smell, or even tone of voice. I think you idea of masturbation is misguided by your perception of what it is. Temptation is nothing more than the working of your hypothalamus along with other brain areas effecting your sexual appetites.
It is harmful when it becomes addictive, which it usually does.  Furthermore, I read about a study recently on WebMD which stated that frequent masturbation increased the risk of prostate cancer in younger men, although it seemed to lower that risk in older men.  The advice of the lead author was that "moderation" was the key. But if one gets addicted to it, than there is no moderation, is there?  As the fatwa which brother abuayisha posted stated, it really depends on the situation.  If you feel that you can't control your desires and masturbation seems to keep you from acting on those desires, than it can be a useful tool, but again, moderation is important.  However, resisting the urge should be the main line of defense.       As I said before, the impulses which we feel are normal, but they should only be acted upon in the proper context, which is in marriage with one's spouse.  Until one is married, it is one's duty to remain chaste.  The feelings one has are normal and as long as they remain that way, there is no blame on the person.  It is only when the person acts upon those feelings that it becomes sinful.    

Thanks to my intelligent wife I was able to ask about prostate cancer and its correlation to masturbation. According to her, alkaline which is the substance that allows sperm to survive in acidic environments e.g. The vaginal canal. As masturbation becomes more frequent so is the build up of alkaline. The alkaline buildup contributes to prostate cancer.

There are many things that contribute to this type of cancer. Besides having relatives with prostate cancer makes you a likely candidate to contract it. In addition race plays into contracting this cancer as well. This study you read is perhaps referring to a possible correlation not a cause.

That is possible, but it seems that frequent masturbation does not help.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2010 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Masturbation 'cuts cancer risk'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3072021.stm

Disclaimer: These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of abuayisha�.

Brother, this was an earlier study, but the one I referred to is a more recent one.  What this does show is that even scientists can't always seem to agree with each other, even though they are using the same scientific methods and studying the same topics. LOL
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2010 at 10:42pm

I mean you have mothers who birth babies and throw them in dumpsters or you have men who molest their own children.

Who were you talking about! Need some elaboration...The child molestation is European specialty!
I found a shocking item about the pagan Romans life style, I am sure you will find quite enlightening! not sure will the these godless murderers in the find will bug you tooWink

Archaeologists Link Infant Remains to Roman Brothel

Edited by Sign*Reader - 27 June 2010 at 10:50pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 3:25am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

I mean you have mothers who birth babies and throw them in dumpsters or
you have men who molest their own children.
Who were you talking about! Need some elaboration...The child molestation is European specialty!I found a shocking item about the pagan Romans life style, I am sure you will find quite enlightening! not sure will the these godless murderers in the find will bug you tooArchaeologists Link Infant Remains to Roman
Brothel
</h1>�

Dumping babies is a practice that has been around for centuries. Many countries have abandoned the practice, some have not. In fact there are a large number of arranged marriages in asia, both Hindu and Muslim, of very young children to prevent the dumping of babies and young children.

Dumping of children in some eastern European children homes is still happening, usually cos the kids are disabled.

And arabs buried their baby girls in the desert cos they didn;t want them. And Muhammad(pbuh)tried to put an end to that pagan practice.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 11:14am
To answer SignReader's inquiry and to step away from overtly discussing masturbation my point on saying why other acts of violence do not have rules such as racism, sexism, physical harm to children.

The act of throwing babies in dumpsters are worldwide. My point was there are no laws in any holy book I'm aware of that discusses (at least inadvertently) these issues that has affected us til today.

I mean what's sad is I cannot visit my wife's extended family because they'd kill me (literally) not because of me being emotionally or physically abusive but because of a st**id genetic lineage. This isn't just one family but hundreds and thousands of people who feel the same way.

Tell me how can I as an observer of this planet feel different? I find the actions of people make God and/or religion, because we see the elements of what that religion is through the behavior of people. So I guess what bugs me about God is that God's reflection is through the actions of the people I see both good and bad, but the bad seems to outweigh the good.

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 11:56am
Gibbs,
It's not so much about God bugging you then, it's ignorant people. And yes, there are millions of them. See, every person has the ability to do good, better, best..but it's easier to be lapse and so God gets the blame. For those who try hard..(they can do 99 good deeds) you can practically guarantee that it's the 1 bad deed that people will pick up on and condemn him for.
And we should remember that humans make up their own rules because they are weak.

It is incredibly sad that your wife's extended family and community/country blame you. None of us are at fault with our lineage. Neither can you be blamed for any deed committed by someone of your lineage. It comes down to basic ignorance of the haters, and less effort on their part to stop baseless grudges. People don;t forget anything. So I guess we should have compassion on them and hope one day they understand and change their minds.

So, what can you do? I guess keep telling yourself that you are not of the majority in this case, and live as good a life as possible without hurting others. Having a personal relationship with God is always good.

God does make rules. Humans hide those rules. God does forgive, humans are less likely to. I believe the closer we are to God the better we become. Guess those that cause trouble in the world may need to develop their inner spiritual being.

NOne of us have all the answers. But do we need to have? I don't believe we do.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 23>
  Share Topic