IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - And the last one  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

And the last one

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elijah-boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: And the last one
    Posted: 10 June 2010 at 8:16pm
Islam literally translates as submission.

What benefits you see in submitting your will to god and why you think it is beneficial to get rid of your own will?
xx__Ace__xx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx__Ace__xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 4:18am
You don't have to be turned away by thinking you're getting on anybody's nerves, if so, cuz you're not. Feel free to keep the questions coming, as many as ya want. Wink

By submitting my will to God, I believe I commit to my own welfare, since as I might've already mentioned earlier, God demands obedience from me for my own betterment. He's not needy of anything. He's pure. He doesn't need any benefit. He's above it all. I know whatever God orders me to do, is the right way to live, hence you could say believing in the Almighty definitely gives me a sense of right and wrong.
Faith, I believe, is extremely mandatory for mankind. Honestly, human beings are weak. Too busy and occupied in their own little world. Doing whatever the heck they feel like doing. Corruption and injustice is everywhere. What we need is faith. Faith to me makes a big difference. When you know there's truly one mighty power out there, who's gifting you with a perfectly right way a human should live life, you feel yourself wanting to follow it. Yes, with the state of the world it could sound like a distant dream, and individually you'd think it mightn't make a massive difference, but you still do it. For satisfaction. For faith. To satisfy God. Satisfy your ownself of having done your part. You think twice before committing wrong deeds while you develop a whole new meaning behind doing a right deed. Similarly, and importantly, you know how and why to love. And why not to hate. To surpass hatred and love instead, even if your anger makes you feel otherwise, for the sake of God. Takes time yeah, to perfect the faith. But believe me, when you reach there, you feel on top of the world.
Due to all these of the countless possible reasons, I believe faith is the only power mankind can truly survive on.

/K. K. K. End rant. Tongue
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2010 at 11:43am
Originally posted by elijah-boy elijah-boy wrote:

Islam literally translates as submission.

What benefits you see in submitting your will to god and why you think it is beneficial to get rid of your own will?

What Ace said . . .

Also, in Islam - Allah (God) holds us to a higher (better) standard than we would hold ourselves as humans, He expects us to behave in a certain 'model' manner. By submitting to His Will we are trying to achieve that better standard that leads us to be better human beings.

Some people don't have a very good moral compass, especially for them - it is necessary to submit to Allah's Will - which He conveyed to us through a set of guidelines.

Also, we don't "get rid of our will" , I don't think that's possible. Your Will/power will remain in you till you die - you choose to submit to God, you don't get rid of your will power.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
elijah-boy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elijah-boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 9:07am
ACE:

: "Similarly, and importantly, you know how and why to love. And why not to hate. To surpass hatred and love instead"

----- Nice words.

But a few post ago you just said that rape is ok, that std and aids is a woman's fault - that is if you are sexually provoked.
"What happens when you get sexually provocated, lol?Countless rape cases, STD, AIDS, etc, anyone"

In my opinion you are incapable of loving, but capable of self-deception.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx__Ace__xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 7:26pm

ACE:

: "Similarly, and importantly, you know how and why to love. And why not to hate. To surpass hatred and love instead"

----- Nice words.

Yeah I know Big%20smile

But a few post ago you just said that rape is ok, that std and aids is a woman's fault - that is if you are sexually provoked.

I said rape is ok?! I said STD and AIDS is a woman's fault?! rofl. You high or something? Big%20smile
Quit bluffing and just quote those words of mine where I exactly ever said that.
And there I was intending to opinionate otherwise, too bad I failed at assuming you'd be unable to comprehend what I meant.... or for some reason you're probably just putting up the act here of me claiming what I didn't. ;)

"What happens when you get sexually provocated, lol?Countless rape cases, STD, AIDS, etc, anyone"

Perhaps talking out of context? And even that's being used to imply the false thing? No prob, I'll just quote the entire thing right now ;)

Here we go,

1. Why is it always women's fault that men want to have sex

Originally posted by xx__Ace__xx xx__Ace__xx wrote:

That's the point. Its not. What makes you think its the women that are being blamed for men's provocation? To be specific, as I already emphasized in my previous post was not the case, what makes you think wearing Hijaab is a punishment of some sort handed to women?

2. What's wrong with having sexual fantasies when looking at somebody (be it man, woman, or transsexual)

Originally posted by xx__Ace__xx xx__Ace__xx wrote:

To be very honest, you don't even have a need to bring Islam into this. Simple, practical and logical thinking answers this. What happens when you get sexually provocated, lol? Maybe some people manage to control. Countless rape cases, STD, AIDS, etc, anyone?

^Quoted from the original thread he was on and on falsely whining about : http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16890

In my opinion you are incapable of loving, but capable of self-deception.

In my opinion you're pretty talented at deceiving people, fortunately on the extreme negative end of the scale though. Evidence backfires on you Big%20smile

I truly appreciate your concern for me, but striving towards improving my faith in the Almighty isn't what I call 'self-deception' ;)

Edited by xx__Ace__xx - 12 June 2010 at 7:34pm
elijah-boy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elijah-boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2010 at 8:24pm
ACE:

How old are you?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx__Ace__xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 5:28am
Edit : Nah, nevermind, it wasn't worth saying.

I turned two just five days ago.

Edited by xx__Ace__xx - 13 June 2010 at 11:08am
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 6:06am
Hi Elijah,

We never completely get rid of our "own will," We are given limited free will. Say I can pick one leg up but not the other one at the same time.

People choose- freely to submit to "God' will" -or shall preference.  We choose to refrain or engage in in an activity because we are told what is most pleasing to God.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic