IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - And the last one  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

And the last one

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elijah-boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 10:51am
:I'mma go about asking his/her age to shift away from the topic
--- The only reason I asked you about your age was the following line of thinking:
"Maybe he doesn't mean what he says, he mentioned he was in high school - maybe he is just a kid."

18 years old is perfectly fine age to taking responsibility for his words and following it with actions.
We part ways having our own views regarding what stands behind the words that each one of us said. That's fine, sharing opinion doesn't mean we have to agree.
elijah-boy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elijah-boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 11:07am
HAYFA:

"Say I can pick one leg up but not the other one at the same time"

---
You either (for reasons that I don't understand) trying to oversimplify things or just giving the analogy that cannot explain anything. If you unable to levitate by raising both legs at the same time doesn't illustrate anything. I actually feel st**id talking about it.

You didn't answer the first question about benefits of submitting your will to God.

xx__Ace__xx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx__Ace__xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by elijah-boy elijah-boy wrote:

--- The only reason I asked you about your age was the following line of thinking:
"Maybe he doesn't mean what he says, he mentioned he was in high school - maybe he is just a kid."

I see. You could've just asked me that straight away, lol. The thing is, Islam acknowledges that human beings aren't perfect, but as long as you give your best shot of following your religious beliefs, you're on the right track.

Well, I fail to understand that if you so doubted of me actually following what I elaborated on in my first post, which you have the right of, why didn't you then ask me that and instead attempted to point out possible flaws by falsely accusing me of claiming things which I wouldn't, not even in a zillion years, ever claim?

18 years old is perfectly fine age to taking responsibility for his words and following it with actions.
We part ways having our own views regarding what stands behind the words that each one of us said. That's fine, sharing opinion doesn't mean we have to agree.

True.

Edited by xx__Ace__xx - 13 June 2010 at 1:09pm
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 7:57pm
Benefits: many, but I actually find I live a "saner" life, less caught up in the mindlessness of much of society. I feel I am far calmer and  more in touch with the value of my life. I waste less time.

And inshallah - God willing I will be able to go to Jannah- heaven.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 8:45pm

Islam literally translates as submission.

What benefits you see in submitting your will to god and why you think it is beneficial to get rid of your own will?

..for me it has to do with comprehending the purpose of my life and my relationship with my creator. When I fully understand that reality, submitting to my maker brings a smile deep in my heart, a relax and confident feeling. To fulfill this act, submission, I only do it as a natural act after using what my maker has blessed me with so there is no regrets or bad feelings like I said it's the opposite, it's a peaceful fulfillment of my purpose. I don't think you get rid of your own will when you submit, you re still free to go other way, but once you have understood your purpose to ignore or reject it is like knowingly putting yourself in harms way, why would I do that, knowingly.
Benefits in submission: When you acknowledge and serve your purpose as intended by you maker, you fulfilled your part, thus not failing your purpose and for such that do not fail, there is pleasure and favor of their maker for them, and who can provide better than the one, who holds the keys to ALL, and acknowledges those who fulfilled their purpose vs those who did not.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 13 June 2010 at 8:51pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic