IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Couple of questions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Couple of questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elijah-boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couple of questions
    Posted: 08 June 2010 at 7:27am
I'm curious what are regular muslim think... the only muslim guy I know was the preacher on Dundas square who was impossible to communicate with.
i was always curious if can get a straight answers to simple questions and I would appreciate if you provide your opinion.

a. would you like to implement sharia law in canada?
b. what would be your personal choice if you have to choose between religious laws of islam and the laws set by your government.

Thanks.
Elijah.
xx__Ace__xx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx__Ace__xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 9:10am
1> Well... you mean if we're given such a choice that is? Ummm why not. .
If you mean as in we see it as a necessity, then no. Maybe I'm not quite getting your question, lol.

2> All Islamic laws that I know off are, glory be to Almighty, beneficial to everyone invovled in any way, be it ourselves, our society, our environment, etc. I also don't see how a person can't follow both the Islamic laws and the laws set by the government?

Edited by xx__Ace__xx - 08 June 2010 at 9:10am
elijah-boy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elijah-boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 10:53am
: Ummm why not. .
--- I take it as yes. This also means you would advocate cuttings thieves hands off, not take a raped women�s word seriously as her vote is not as trustworthy as man�s vote, and justify beheadings and genital mutilations if done in the name of Islam.
:All Islamic laws that I know off are, glory be to Almighty, beneficial to everyone invovled in any way
--- I tend to disagree and I know quite a lot of people who disagree. Please give your opinion a benefit of a doubt.
:I also don't see how a person can't follow both the Islamic laws and the laws set by the government?
--- One example would be how thieves are treated and how raped women would be treated. There a strict and in my opinion inhumane laws (as described in Sharia) and there is much liberal treatment provided by the civil laws.
Let me ask you a direct question, since I don� think I received an appropriate answer. If your religious believes would come in conflict with the laws of the country you live in � what would be your choice � will you follow islam or will you abide by civil laws?
P.S. The only reason I number my messages � is to keep it structural and not to loose the conversation thread.
Thank you.
Elijah.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by elijah-boy elijah-boy wrote:

2. Let me ask you a direct question, since I don� think I received an appropriate answer. If your religious believes would come in conflict with the laws of the country you live in � what would be your choice � will you follow Islam or will you abide by civil laws?
P.S. The only reason I number my messages � is to keep it structural and not to loose the conversation thread.
Thank you.
Elijah.
 Please tell me the existing law in any country that you know of that using universal value such as democratic etc. So I'll give you my attitude as a Muslim to that law based Islamic teaching. Don't just use hypothetical!!

Edited by semar - 08 June 2010 at 10:39pm
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
elijah-boy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elijah-boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 6:53am
Sure, but before we get to specifics I don't see any problem with asking the question I asked. It seems to me you are simply evading the answer.

It is very simple and basic question - let me rephrase it so it might be a bit more clear: there are 2 sets of laws - religious law and civil law that govern the life of individual. [in our case - sharia law and civil/criminal canadian law]. If those laws come into conflict - which one one you choose as the one that take presendence?

[If you still refuse to answer that question I would appreciate if you explain why posing the question the way I did is deemed inappropriate to you]

Thank you .
Elijah.
xx__Ace__xx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx__Ace__xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 7:42am
I'll answer your questions once I get back from school. I need to research a bit and get to know better about these laws you're talking about (I know what the Sharia law is, but when it comes to implementation, you claim its pretty rude, I'll have to first check out if that's true, which I don't really think is)

Until then hopefully someone with better knowledge of the laws and regulations will answer you.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 7:44am
Salam/Peace

Please go specific! Hypothetical is pointless.

Here an example if your mom and your dad that both you love, they want to kill each other, which side will be on? This is not a real case, you will have difficulties to answer. 

So again please give us a real case. If you can not find a real case, that prove there is no Islamic law that not good for the betterment of humanity. Or you also can say there is no civil law that's good for betterment of humanity against Islamic value. Like in my example a good mom and a good dad will not kill each other.

Edited by semar - 09 June 2010 at 8:33am
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 10:29am
Elijah

Shariah law is one type of law system. Of course Muslims would choose this over others.  You have to really understand Shariah - which only a learned (hence Judge can say) A few points:

Thieving: Yes you can loose your hand. Guess what, they have a lot less theft where this law is enforced. We in the Us have tons of "leniency" and we have tons of people on prison and we have tons of repeat offenders.  "Leniency" is not decided by the state ( as is here) it is decided by the aggrieved party. Someone must decide. Here it is the state (made of people with their own agendas), in Shariah, it is those who were stolen from. It has to be someone.

Women's Testimonial: I teach self-defense and deal with the matter ALL t he time. There are many women who will not go to the police regarding a rape due to the fact there is no proof. You cannot convict a person without proof. This is true is Shariah or in the west. This is to avoid false testimony. (Something you cannot completely eliminate) but a false conviction should be avoided. Rape cases are VERY hard to prove.. "he said - she said" is often the case.

One of the reasonsyou have fewer rape cases in certain parts of the world is that in men and women do not mix, date, socialize etc. Rape is intention + opportunity.

You maybe getting rape mixed up with the accusation of zina.. unlawful relations. To PROVE zina you need 4 male witnesses. This actually protects the woman as its hard to have 4 witnesses.  And just like here,  to prove anything, to have true justice is VERY hard in this world. Many people have been falsely imprisoned and executed. People, will lie and abuse ANY system. That is why ultimately God is our judge.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic