IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are man really stronger then women?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are man really stronger then women?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx__Ace__xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 9:43am
Somehow, it feels to me its becoming a talk about gender differences to an extent > <

Regardless Elijah, of all the religions, Islam offers most rights to women. Don't forget it was established at a point in history when a baby upon being a female was buried alive, and only Islam played the role of diminishing this ridiculous practice.
So I've got news for ya, the belief that Islam discriminates against either gender is entirely false and baseless as far as I'm concerned. Wink

Edited by xx__Ace__xx - 10 June 2010 at 10:21am
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2010 at 5:52pm
Did I really read that having women cover themselves completely so as not to provoke/entice men is a "right" and not a just a dictate?  I think the real measure of what is a "right" is whether or not the person getting the right thinks it's a good thing or not.  Men and women having been trying to attract each other for millenia.  Men and women have also had to exercise control of there baser impulses for millenia.  Penalizing the woman for the man not being able to control his libido is like blaming the gun for the death of someone.  "I'm sorry your honor, that gun was just begging to be fired."    
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 5:53am
Originally posted by schmikbob schmikbob wrote:

I think the real measure of what is a "right" is whether or not the person getting the right thinks it's a good thing or not.     

Exactly. Which is why non-muslims should not worry themselves too much about how they think "Hijab" is an oppression . . . how Muslim women perceive the Hijab is what matters.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 5:29pm
I would agree totally that what Muslim woman think of the "Hijab" is more important than what you or I think of it.  Next I suppose I'm going to be getting some anecdotal evidence that Muslim women love the "Hijab" because they think it protects their virtue.  "Oh yes, I love to be covered from head to toe.  I'm really not interested in being able to where what I please in the name of comfort and utility."
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 10:12pm
As a man I can tell you that if you have not noticed, God has made woman finer in beauty, every detail (generally speaking) feel and look of skin, eyes, other features, hands feet, hair, shape of body and so many more has a special fineness to it than the man's. And no to mention those parts that in the west are exposed and used to sell various products.
Does that give you some idea yet?
In Islam both man and woman are to be moderate in public life as well. And since woman are blessed with attractions, that no one need to see other than their family.
And like believe in God is up to us to accept of reject with a consequence, so is all other teachings that come with accepting to live as God commands both for man and woman.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2010 at 4:20am
Hi Schmibob,

I actually know plenty of women who like to wear it. They do it for their own individual reasons, That you may or may not agree with or like.  And yes for some, they  like to wear it cause they like not feeling like a "piece of meat. "  And maybe they have no interest in attracting other peoples' eyes. They like their privacy.

I know plenty of men who travel in the middle east who are are irritated they cannot see the women. And maybe those women are happy not being "seen" by them. That is hard to fathom in a society where this is not the case.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2010 at 5:16am
Originally posted by schmikbob schmikbob wrote:

Next I suppose I'm going to be getting some anecdotal evidence that Muslim women love the "Hijab" because they think it protects their virtue.

No need for any anecdotal evidence, since Hijabi women know the reasons why they wear hijab . . . and the rest really don't matter like you said.
They don't need to know.

Quote "Oh yes, I love to be covered from head to toe.  I'm really not interested in being able to where what I please in the name of comfort and utility."

???

How do YOU know that what the Hijabi women wear doesn't give them comfort and utility ?

How do YOU know that Hijabi women are not able to wear what they want ? Did it occur to you that they WANT to wear what they do ?

I assume you mean the non-hijab ... fashionable clothing. Again, how do YOU know that they don't ? Muslim women have a whole different aspect/dimension to thier life that is private - which we don't feel strangers are privilege to.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
schmikbob View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmikbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2010 at 6:40pm
I rather think it's more a function of what they are used to.  If that is all you know then you have nothing to compare it to.  This is very similar to when the Soviet Union broke up and former Soviet republic citizens came to live in the United States.  Many were absolutely shocked upon entering their first supermarket to find that were places on the planet that had more that a dozen items on the shelves and for excellent prices.  That was all they knew for their entire lives and so they assumed it was normal.

I also assume these rules were not established by women for women but by men for women.  Am I wrong?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic