IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are man really stronger then women?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are man really stronger then women?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 10:32am
AND there are societal benefits
--- Do you think modesty will stop provoking men sexually?

No completely, no. There are people with ill intentions and bad thoughts all over. But it does help people get passed the "physical." But will it stop a man out to hard a woman? No. Because things like sexual assault and rape are NOT about sex. But about power.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 4:12pm
Elijah,
and here is that common proof in the west if woman have more power to provoke man: I don't know where you live, but here in US if you ever bought anything at Walmart and got in line to pay for it, it is unlikely that you will miss those magazine covers with beautiful and exposed women.
don't tell me why?
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 09 June 2010 at 4:15pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

elijah-boy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elijah-boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 6:20pm
TO ACE:

:To be very honest, you don't even have a need to bring Islam into this. Simple, practical and logical thinking answers this. What happens when you get sexually provocated, lol? Maybe some people manage to control. Countless rape cases, STD, AIDS, etc, anyone?

---- That is middle-ages thinking. I'm not ready to discuss topics on that level. I appreciate your honesty though.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elijah-boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 6:40pm
TO HAYFA:

:I agree wth xx.. men may be physically stronger- generally, this does not mean they are not weak.
--- Agree. I lived in 4 different countries and seen countless cases that prove that men are much weaker than women. I also believe that physical prowess is more on the woman's side. I've seen it countless times in yoga classes.
I also agree with that both sexes can be 'weak' depending on the situation they find themselves in.

Going back to original point:
Would it be correct to say that in your opinion men are more vulnerable to sex urges and in order to contain them women must dress modestly?

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elijah-boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 6:58pm
TO HAYFA:

:Because things like sexual assault and rape are NOT about sex. But about power.
--- If that was the case then there would be no sexual intercourse, at least in a lot of cases, as there are million other was to display power - beating up, torturing, forcing into 'slave games', and so on.
xx__Ace__xx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx__Ace__xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 3:53am
Originally posted by elijah-boy elijah-boy wrote:

---- That is middle-ages thinking. I'm not ready to discuss topics on that level. I appreciate your honesty though.

Well, to a question like "What's wrong with having sexual fantasies when looking at somebody", I could only answer that. This question I thought was pretty mediocre :/
Anyway, I see you didn't reply to the rest of the points, guessing they've been clarified for ya. I'm glad.

Would it be correct to say that in your opinion men are more vulnerable to sex urges and in order to contain them women must dress modestly?

Its not a one way procedure like you make it sound. Men may not wear Hijaab but they're strictly instructed to dress and conduct themselves modestly as well.

TO HAYFA:

:Because things like sexual assault and rape are NOT about sex. But about power.
--- If that was the case then there would be no sexual intercourse, at least in a lot of cases, as there are million other was to display power - beating up, torturing, forcing into 'slave games', and so on.

I think there's a power factor majorly involved in rape, and that's probably what she was referring to.

rape 1
n.
1. The crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse.
2. The act of seizing and carrying off by force; abduction.
3. Abusive or improper treatment; violation: a rape of justice.
tr.v. raped, rap�ing, rapes
1. To force (another person) to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse; commit rape on.
2. To seize and carry off by force.
3. To plunder or pillage.

What do ya think? Smile

Edited by xx__Ace__xx - 10 June 2010 at 3:54am
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 5:34am

One of the reasons why Hijab is misunderstood is due to the individual's own perceptions. You are thinking like many nonmuslims that the sole purpose of Hijab is to contain the man's sexual urges . . . . which is not true. The Hijab will not "contain" the man's urges, but it will to a large extent dissuade those urges when they are unwelcome.

The benefits of Hijab are far more holistic than that ! Hijab is not just about sexuality . . . it is also about humility, modesty, simplicity. It is about character . . . it is a mindset.

Also, the Hijab benefits a woman (and women in general, in the society) more than it effects a man. It tries to shift the society's focus away from body-image, sexuality and appearances to more wholesome, constructive issues.

The Qur'an speaks of Hijab for the men before it speaks of Hijab for the women. BOTH are commanded to observe Hijab and are given a dress-code. Naturally - given their very obvious biological differences, the dress code is different for both.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 6:49am

The reason it is NOT about sex is that men can get sex, they could buy it if it was about sex. They had the "urge." But clearly it has a whole other dimension that involved control and power and humiliation. Why in places of conflict they rape women. They rape it because it psychologically destroys the women and women are the backbone of any society.

I am assuming you are a man? They you are not understanding what rape does to a woman emotionally and mentally. Yes there is a "biological" component to rape but it all starts in the mind. There are plenty of willing women in the world. Why don't rapist choose them? 
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic