IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sallam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sallam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sallam
    Posted: 09 June 2010 at 1:37am
Originally posted by xx__Ace__xx xx__Ace__xx wrote:

Hey! You should just be grateful I didn't use something like killer_dude_for_life_69. . . biryani_4_lyf, etc etc. . . . Jkn jkn lol Tongue

LOL ! Thats funny. In that case case I would surely be "Shawerma-4-lyfe"

Quote You're right though, we should think about using our real names rather than this nicky trend. Not a very good habit this, I guess, if at all it makes a big difference.

Actually - there is NOTHING wrong with using an online pseudonym. Infact it would actually be preferable/recommended given the unsafe nature of the virtual world. Keep your real-name and information for the real-life people in your life.

Also, in Islam - it is perfectly okay to use a "laqqab" or "nickname". Most of the Sahaba we know today, we know through thier "laqqab"s . . . not thier real names Smile. Not saying that this is why we should all change our birth-names . . . but just saying that it is perfectly acceptable & okay to do so. As long as your name doesn't have negative connotations like "Killer-dude-XYZ" . . . etc.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
xx__Ace__xx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx__Ace__xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 9:58am
Originally posted by мα&# мα&# wrote:

Welcome brother hope you have fun with us although I'm new here myself, I didn't have a right to welcome you but anyway I did it :).

Thank you. And rofl, why don't you have the right? > >
You're new yourself, so welcome here I guess Smile
Originally posted by Younus Younus wrote:

Dear Brothers in Islam

Reg Mr Ace' s salutaion with " Namaste " - I would like to point out that it is not permitted in Islam to use this word coz it has a meaning going totally against islam.( the meaning is more or less, that i bow down to you ), which a muslim only does in front of Allah & none else.pls stop using this salutation.

And I wonder why my brothers are not using their real names & instead using nicks as ace ? mq&# , ? chrysalis.

Rgds

Younus

Dang, my bad, I really didn't know that and only intended to say that for any Indian seeing this. I'll edit and remove it now Smile Will be the first and last time I ever use this good for nothing word Tongue

Hey! You should just be grateful I didn't use something like killer_dude_for_life_69. . . biryani_4_lyf, etc etc. . . . Jkn jkn lol Tongue
You're right though, we should think about using our real names rather than this nicky trend. Not a very good habit this, I guess, if at all it makes a big difference.

Oh, and welcome to IC yourself. Hope you enjoy Big%20smile

Edited by xx__Ace__xx - 08 June 2010 at 10:17am
Younus View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Younus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 3:39am
Dear Brothers in Islam

Reg Mr Ace' s salutaion with " Namaste " - I would like to point out that it is not permitted in Islam to use this word coz it has a meaning going totally against islam.( the meaning is more or less, that i bow down to you ), which a muslim only does in front of Allah & none else.pls stop using this salutation.

And I wonder why my brothers are not using their real names & instead using nicks as ace ? mq&# , ? chrysalis.

Rgds

Younus
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2010 at 4:53pm
Welcome brother hope you have fun with us although I'm new here myself, I didn't have a right to welcome you but anyway I did it :).
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 10:26am
Thumbs%20Up
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx__Ace__xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 10:21am
Woah. Yeh, never knew that. News to me^

Aye. Begin mission : Gather the stars of forum trust. Tongue
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2010 at 7:37am
Originally posted by xx__Ace__xx xx__Ace__xx wrote:

Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Another Pakistani ! Nice :)

Welcome to the forums, hope you have a knowledgable stay here. C u around.

Aye. Good to see a fellow Paki  Big%20smile
Thank you.

Salaam Bro, No intentions to start off on a negative foot - but

Pak(pk)
n. pl. Pak�is Chiefly British Offensive Slang
Used as a disparaging term for a person of Pakistani or South Asian birth or descent.

Pakistani is a better term don't you think ? Smile

And can anybody here tell me what's up with the posts taking a pretty lot of time to get approved? Is it cuz of lesser mods around or some other problem? :/

Edit : Ugh, apparently its now taking 3-4 days for a post to get approved >_<

Yes for new members this is an issue. New member posts are moderated/approved by the moderators before being posted. So they take some time to appear. InshAllah once you are here a bit longer and earn a few stars - you won't have that problem. So hope you stick around until then.

Allah Hafiz

Edited by Chrysalis - 05 June 2010 at 7:38am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xx__Ace__xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Ukhti S. Ukhti S. wrote:

Bismillahi Ar Rahmani Ar Rahim - In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful

Wa Alaykumusalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu!

Welcome to IslamiCity Forum! Hope you'll have a great time here, InshaAllah, full of Khair and Barakah and 'ilm from Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'alaa)! Smile

Take Care and Stay Blessed!
As Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,
Ukhti S.

Walaikum Assallam. Aye, Inshallah. And much thanks for the prayers Smile

Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Ace, assalamu alaikum, and welcome.

Wassallam, thank you.

Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Another Pakistani ! Nice :)

Welcome to the forums, hope you have a knowledgable stay here. C u around.

Aye. Good to see a fellow Paki  Big%20smile
Thank you.

And can anybody here tell me what's up with the posts taking a pretty lot of time to get approved? Is it cuz of lesser mods around or some other problem? :/

Edit : Ugh, apparently its now taking 3-4 days for a post to get approved >_<

Edited by xx__Ace__xx - 04 June 2010 at 2:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic