IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What does this mean?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What does this mean?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What does this mean?
    Posted: 21 May 2010 at 9:16am
Nur_Ilahi

In another thread mentioning something I'm interested in. She mentioned that Muhammad was the "best of Allah's creation." Now its no disrespect to Muslims and Islam as I naturally disagree but I was wondering if anyone could clarify as to how this is perceived and why is this believed.

To show my brief point I put that statement to the test as I read it for face value:

1) How can one human be the best of God's creation when there are billions of galaxies who may have civilizations millions of years older than ours who may have attained a type of knowledge greater than what we know on earth?

2) If he was the greatest among all things created by God why die?

3) if he was the greatest among all things in the universe why even to this day his own brethren still fight amongst their selves over the same religion?

Like I said no disrespect but I believe when you make a bold statement then you must answer why that must be true. Please don't take offense.
Matt Browne View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Browne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 3:51am
I think the best of Allah's creation is intelligent beings as such. Human beings capable of understanding his universe and capable of worshiping the creator.
I think prophets are important to remind the rest of humanity about this. Our universe is not just a lifeless boring soup of quarks and electrons. It contains treasures such as planet Earth. The more you think about this, the more remarkable it becomes.

A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 7:11am
Well was hoping a Muslim would give me. Definitive answer no offense Matt but yes I partially agree. What this is, is an interpretation of what "God greatest creation" means.

True all life forms are equipped with a form of knowledge respective of how they are created and humans of course, have an even higher intellect. But my point is for Nur_Iahi, Muhammad the prophet is more than some prophet. He is the best among Goes creation and I want to know why or what it means to be the greatest creation.

As far as I'm concerned that's a bold statement and it shows a lot of reverence to one human.
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 1:23pm
Hi Gibbs.  Here is my take on your questions:

Quote 1) How can one human be the best of God's creation when there are billions of galaxies who may have civilizations millions of years older than ours who may have attained a type of knowledge greater than what we know on earth?

The key word is "may".  There "may" be civilizations on other planets.  There is no evidence.  So, until we know for sure, this is a hypothetical situation which does not actually refute the idea of Muhammad (pbuh) being God's best creation. 

Quote 2) If he was the greatest among all things created by God why die?

Why not?  He was still human.  Furthermore, being God's best creation does not mean that he was entitled to more benefits.  Actually, it carried more responsibility.  He had to earn that title.  And so, he had to do more to please God.  He fasted longer, prayed into the twilight hours of the night and was required to live a simple life, with no major luxuries.  He was God's best creation but he slept on a bed made of palm-fiber.  He was God's best creation but he died without having any wealth to his name, as he was required to give it all to charity. 

Quote 3) if he was the greatest among all things in the universe why even to this day his own brethren still fight amongst their selves over the same religion?

Well, that would be the fault of his followers, not him.  Conversely, his followers also started a scientific age which eventually fueled the European Renaissance.  How should we interpret that?     
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 4:47pm
So with all those planets and galaxies there is no other life form?
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

First, just because there are all these planets, does not necessarily mean that there must be life there.  Second, I didn't say that there is "no other life form".  I said there is no evidence of other "civilizations" as you put it.  In other words, there is no evidence of intelligent life anywhere else.  In my view, there is in all probability other life forms, like animals and plants.  If we were to find a planet with life, we would see all sorts of different animals and plants, but not necessarily intelligent life.  Just look at earth.  There are millions of species, and yet only one can be classified as "intelligent", and that of course is the human species.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

First, just because there are all these planets, does not necessarily mean that there must be life there.� Second, I didn't say that there is "no other life form".� I said there is no evidence of other "civilizations" as you put it.� In other words, there is no evidence of intelligent life anywhere else.� In my view, there is in all probability other life forms, like animals and plants.� If we were to find a planet with life, we would see all sorts of different animals and plants, but not necessarily intelligent life.� Just look at earth.� There are millions of species, and yet only one can be classified as "intelligent", and that of course is the human species.

Ok my apologies on the misunderstanding. However using your word "necessarily" it is also arguable that prophetic revelation from God especially coming from a man may not be necessarily true.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 3:22pm

Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

First, just because there are all these planets, does not necessarily mean that there must be life there.  Second, I didn't say that there is "no other life form".  I said there is no evidence of other "civilizations" as you put it.  In other words, there is no evidence of intelligent life anywhere else.  In my view, there is in all probability other life forms, like animals and plants.  If we were to find a planet with life, we would see all sorts of different animals and plants, but not necessarily intelligent life.  Just look at earth.  There are millions of species, and yet only one can be classified as "intelligent", and that of course is the human species.

Ok my apologies on the misunderstanding. However using your word "necessarily" it is also arguable that prophetic revelation from God especially coming from a man may not be necessarily true.

How so?  If it is coming from God, why wouldn't it be true?  Do you mean perhaps that because it is being brought via a human intermediary, it may lost some of its truthfulness?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic