IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is this the whole Hadith?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is this the whole Hadith?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this the whole Hadith?
    Posted: 19 March 2005 at 10:09am

I found this webpage on the islamicity.com website and I was wondering if it included EVERY verse and part of the Hadith, or if it was only certain parts of it?

The webpage I'm referring to is:

http://foreninger.uio.no/mss/tr/hadith/hadith1.html#TOC

If there is a more thorough and trustable webpage with all parts of the Hadith on the internet, please let me know.

Edited by Knowledge01
Yusuf. View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2005 at 10:19am

Assalamu alaikum,

It appears, from my very brief reading, to be a collection from the most frequently translated hadith collections, but it is by no means complete. To download the complete collections of translated hadith, Insha'Allah visit this site:

http://www.islamasoft.co.uk/downloads.html

There are many collections that remain to be translated into English Insha'Allah.

Allah Hafiz

Edited by Yusuf.
Yusuf
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2005 at 1:32pm
Thank you very much for replying and clearing that up for me.  do you know where I can buy a Hadith (complete) and in a trustable (meaning with very few add interpretations, etc) English version and how much it may cost?  Thank you.
Yusuf. View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2005 at 10:13pm

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

Thank you very much for replying and clearing that up for me.  do you know where I can buy a Hadith (complete) and in a trustable (meaning with very few add interpretations, etc) English version and how much it may cost?  Thank you.

Assalamu alaikum,

The complete Sahih Bukhari is a nine volume edition which retails for about $70.00. Sahih Muslim is four volumes and runs about $60.00. Unfortunately, my favorite bookstore is out of stock of both, but you can try looking through these links Insha'Allah:

http://www.msa-natl.org/resources/Bookstores.html

Edited by Yusuf.
Yusuf
abdnur View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdnur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 10:59am

Salamu Alaykum!

Knowledge01 seem to refer to the hadith as if it was a specific thing like the quran. There is not such a thing as a COMPLETE hadith. A hadith is a "saying/narration of the prophet". Muslims have collected these hadiths into collections of hadiths. Early muslim scholars who specialized in collection of hadiths have spent their lives to collect, sort, classify, grade the hadiths they have collected. Not all hadiths are the same. Some are correct/strong,  others are weak/unreliable while others are false/forgeries.

Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim are two good collections of the hadiths but there are others also.

enjoy

abdnur

Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 7:42pm
Thank you very much for information.  I don't have nearly enough money to buy one right now but I will start to save.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic