IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who wrote Quran?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who wrote Quran?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeExupery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2005 at 2:03am

Interesting..please continue. It will deepen my knowledge.

Fox

P.S. Only one comment.

I believe the science of collecting ahadits will not increase, unless everyone is sure that ahadist are still in the progress and not finished yet.

Io Sogno L'anime, Che Sono Sempre Libere (Il Divo)
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 12:41am
Originally posted by DeExupery DeExupery wrote:

I believe the science of collecting ahadits will not increase, unless everyone is sure that ahadist are still in the progress and not finished yet.

What makes you say that?

Hadiths are the examples of Prophet Muhammad, He has passed so there is no more collection in the hadiths.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
DeExupery View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeExupery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 2:16am

Dear Angel,

That's what I think as well.

Fox

AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 6:40am

Dear folks,

I am sorry that I can't put much time on this forum due to my commitments elsewhere. However, small little posts to clarify a point or two, can be made readily. So, here is my reply to angel's comments when she says "Hadiths are the examples of Prophet Muhammad, He has passed so there is no more collection in the hadiths. "

I think, there is a difference b/w education in collection of ahadiths and in science and education of authenticity of ahadiths. Though, the former may be static, but the later one was never static and is not static now. Its an ongoing process, as more and more scientific tools are discovered to authenticate the literature, so is this science developing to filter out more and more authentic ahadith from the voluminous collections. Hopefully, this shall clarify the concept. God's Willing.

DeExupery View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeExupery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 9:16pm

Dear Ahmad,

I think, there is a difference b/w education in collection of ahadiths and in science and education of authenticity of ahadiths. Though, the former may be static, but the later one was never static and is not static now. Its an ongoing process, as more and more scientific tools are discovered to authenticate the literature, so is this science developing to filter out more and more authentic ahadith from the voluminous collections. Hopefully, this shall clarify the concept. God's Willing.

So you mean that the authenticity of ahadiths may change from time to time? Interesting. What is the criteria? I always thought that ahadiths have historical content, thus unless we can find some new finding (archeologically), the ahadiths will not change. And how to measure the authenticity of ahadiths?

Fox

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 4:42am
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

Dear folks,

I am sorry that I can't put much time on this forum due to my commitments elsewhere. However, small little posts to clarify a point or two, can be made readily. So, here is my reply to angel's comments when she says "Hadiths are the examples of Prophet Muhammad, He has passed so there is no more collection in the hadiths. "

In a way, I think I am correct

But yes you do have something there  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 7:14am

Dear bro Fox, thanks for your interest in this science of Ahadith. To give you an example as how this science is a dynamic on going process, it may be recalled that most of the ahadith collection done by their collectors was based on the authentic chain of narrations till the narration is actually attributed to its source narrator (Mostly to Prophet Mohammad) only. They emphasised more on this aspect of authenticity than any other aspect, such as the content of the narration or historical accuracy of the contents etc. Since then, the later day scholars are in constant endeavor to verify and certify these collections through these other contexts as well. Now in modern day time, with the help of fast and quick information technology of computers, these tasks have become relatively more easier than ever before. Hence, this science of authenticity of Ahadith was never static and is fully dynamic, purely based on scientific reasoning and logic and not faith based.

Edited by AhmadJoyia
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2005 at 12:18am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

They emphasised more on this aspect of authenticity than any other aspect, such as the content of the narration or historical accuracy of the contents etc

this is inaccurate, one of the criteria they used was content and most certainly they would rejected entire ahadith based upon this, they looked at all areas you have mentioned.

Computers have helped catagorise the ahadith alphabeticly or by topics it has done nothing to the process of authentication of the hadith, All hadith have already been graded including those which are false.

This is a good source to learn about this science. Science Of Hadith

This post list some of those criteria they used, Hadith Science and it�s Development
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic