IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who wrote Quran?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who wrote Quran?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beloved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 6:02am
Indeed humans are falliable, yet my brother howard believe that the Bible (NT) is inspired gospels of God, though, to anonymous people.

So much for the "anonymity" tag.  But what about the people of Holy Quran?
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 1:06pm

Originally posted by beloved beloved wrote:

Your points are baseless simply because of your unfamiliarity with the science of collection of ahadith.

Huh... The thing what you call science was "invented" more than a century after Prophet Muhammad's death.  And it is not a perfect science as you want to project it.

Which science, you think, is perfect? Science is ever increasing phenomena with time and hence never consdiered to be "perfect".

And if you find it hard to answer the question, you need not say that the points are baseless(and yet you have tried to "explain" my "misunderstandings") 

I don't don't think there is any outstanding question that is left over, though you may like to close yourself to them.

Your assertion of �anonymous writings� is yet another key word referring towards this ignorance.

If they were not anonymous writings, then what's the difficulty in giving the names of the authors?

Now this is amazing. Kindly scan back to the thread and you shall find your answer; aren't you being circular in your questions?

Brother, you have written so much.  But you haven't given me the required.
I am not the only one who responded you for your questions. Don't you think their replies are for your questions? Hmm!!

Quote   You keep on going to the Ahadith.  Until you give me the names, the source remains anonymous. 
Closing one's eyes from the fact, won't help either.

You told something about "textual higher criticism" yet you haven't answered my question about it, "To be more precise, I would ask you to tell me about the "text" when you said "textual higher criticism"."

So you mean the ahadith are not considered as "text"? This is really getting more interesting than I thought.

If you want to tell about Ahadith, please start a different topic.

Thanks.

P.S. CRC is not only a networking "tool" but a concept used everywhere. 
BTW, its not a "tool", but a concept.

I don't claim to be ahadith scholar. On the more, don't you think the concepts can be used as tools? Think about it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 1:09pm

Indeed humans are falliable, yet my brother howard believe that the Bible (NT) is inspired gospels of God, though, to anonymous people.

So much for the "anonymity" tag.  But what about the people of Holy Quran?

What do you mean by "people of the Holy Quran"? Are you joking? Yet I would refrain putting icons in my replies. 

beloved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beloved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2005 at 5:59am
Now this is amazing. Kindly scan back to the thread and you shall find your answer; aren't you being circular in your questions?
Closing one's eyes from the fact, won't help either.

Nowhere in the entire forum the entire list of names has been given.  Only a few scribes have been pointed out.  For your information, I will list them out.  Please read it completely.

By Yusuf. - "The Holy Qur'an is literally the Word of Allah, subhananhu was ta'ala. These words were placed in the heart of Saiduna Rasulullah salallahu alaihi wassalam who then recited them.
The extratextual evidence for the Holy Qur'an's authenticity, however, would not withstand modern academic methods of research. If you are sincere in your search for such evidence, you will be disappointed.

Because the Qur'an was revealed at a time prior to the establishment of methods of record preservation that are acceptable to modern research. The Ahaadith, for example, were collected and written generations after the departure of Saidnuna Rasulallah Salallahu alaihi wassalam. Even the Holy Qur'an was not placed into its final form until the Caliphate of Uthman, radiallahu anhu, and the rationale for the final composition was not recorded. Further, other redactions of the Qur'an that were determined to be inaccurate were destroyed. These are pieces of data that a contemporary researcher requires."

By Sarkeranwar - "Scribes included Ali Ibn Abi Talib, Mu'awiyah Ibn Abi Sufyan, Ubey Ibn Ka'ab, Zayed Ibn Thabit.

-Some of the companions wrote the Qur'an for their own use.

-Several hundred companions memorized the Qur'an by heart.

Zayed, with the help of the companions who memorized and wrote verses of the Qur'an, accomplished the task and handed Abu Bakr the first authenticated copy of the Qur'an.

Uthman ordered Zayed Ibn Thabit, Abdullah Ibn Al Zubayr, Saeed Ibn Al-Aas, and Abdur-Rahman Ibn Harith Ibn Hisham to make perfect copies of the authenticated copy kept with Hafsa."

So as you can see, we are more interested in the written Holy Quran before the Ahadith has come into existence.  And I am more interested in Zayed's compilation.  From whom did he compile the Holy Quran?  From where did Zayed compile the Holy Quran with the help of his compilations.

And as you yourself agree that no science is perfect, "Which science, you think, is perfect? Science is ever increasing phenomena with time and hence never consdiered to be "perfect".",  let us not consider the Ahadith.

Thank you.
firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2005 at 4:36pm
bismillahi rahmani raheem,

i read that when 'Umar bin Affan hit her sister for reverting to Islam, when he  became ashamed to see his sister bleeding, he saw the Quran manuscripts & read it. which then he reverted to Islam. this mean, there are written Quranic manuscripts at Rasulullah (PBUH) time. wallahu a'lam.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2005 at 11:38am

Quote ....Nowhere in the entire forum the entire list of names has been given.  Only a few scribes have been pointed out.  For your information, I will list them out. .......

O my dear brother beloved, haven't I answered this earlier? I reasoned it out that even if the names of all the scribes may not be known at this time, the fact remains that the whole process of Quran being written down was completed in the life time of Prophet Mohammad. Hence, there is little reason left to search for all those scribes who wrote Quran over the period of 23 years. This is more so when we know that Quran didn't remain a private commodity, but became the daily 'bread and butter' of its listeners. They memorized it from the very inception of the revealation of verses, word to word and used to reherse it in their daily prayers.

Quote let us not consider the Ahadith
Oh, I wonder what other kind of proofs are you looking for, if not the testimonies of the people who compiled the Quran?

rudy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rudy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2005 at 7:43am

I can't believe you guys wasting your time with this clown beloved. He can suck thin air as far as I'm concerned. Whatever evidence or feedback you might provide this looser with he won't acknowledge. Get a grip you all!!!!!!!!!! Yo beloved, go to an Islamic center near you and ask an imam for a one way debate since that is what you are looking for.  Some imams have nothing to do all day long just like your case.

Peace-rudy

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
freebird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freebird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:46am

And we have gone way beyond our present topic.  Please, can we continue with the Zayed's compilation(which is much before any Hadith was written)?  From where Zayed has compiled Holy Quran if not from anonymous sources?  To be more precise, I would ask you to tell me about the "text" when you said "textual higher criticism".

Thank you.

Sorry I did not follow this thread from the start. Do you mean that Zayed compilation was by itself was not writen by Zayed--but by the Prophet Muhammad himself?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
  Share Topic