IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ISLAM IS FAILING IN AFRICA( @fast pace)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ISLAM IS FAILING IN AFRICA( @fast pace)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 12:54am
"ultra right death cultists..."

And no mention of Saddam - amazing - or the Taliban - stunning.  Or Niarobi or Dar al Salaam - unbelievable.  Or New York, Baghdad, Kandahar or London - unreal.  Or the anthrax - or the sarin - or the dirty nukes - or, or, or, or, or, or...but you can somehow satisfy yourself with your extremist blatently hypocritical communist rhetoric and hope the rest of the world bathes in your pathetic anti-American blood lust..

Oh, hey Sasha, how's it going?  How are your clans doing in Afghanistan...still worried about the pizza man Karzai?  I know, it takes a lot of good energy to be so negative and blast Americans as a full time occupation - hope you still have a little time left for your family, friends, clans' responsibilities...
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 10:43am

There are such a variety of situations in Africa. People want to feel like they are loved. Two aspects that stand out:

In Christianity one is taught that God loves you. That if you believe then you will be saved. People in desperate situations need hope. God is there for the downtrodden and oppressed. People in desperate situations need hope, this is a powerful message� As its been brought up the people on Africa have been forsaken by others. war, colonialism, neo-colonialism have exacted a terrible price upon people there. 

Another aspect is that in Christianity Jesus lived and worked his life to help the poor, the downtrodden, the suffering. That is a strong message the Jesus came for them. I know it is one strain of Catholicism � liberation theology. It is hugely strong in Latin and Central America.  This is also part of other branches of Christianity.  The belief is that to serve God is to serve the poor. Jesus (and many other prophets actually) lived simple, basic lives. They did not hoard the wealth. There is a message that there should and will be justice.

In aspects of Christianity, there is a strong sense of activism-to help others. That is one area that is harder to find in Islam, or it is more hidden. Are there people fighting for the truly poor, the environment and the earth-those who cannot speak for themselves?  I find that many Moslems are more concerned with arguing over what is Islamically �correct� then with fixing things in the world. Maybe it is just the �vocal� people and there are many hidden people out there doing things.

But really what does Allah want us to do? What is our greater purpose here? I could spend millions on a beautiful building to live in or feed people or help them get on their feet. What is the greater here? What is my role here as others suffer?

There are great people from all over doing things to help people. No religion has a monopoly but that many Moslems and others have lost their way. (in my humble opinion.) I guess my upbringing will not completely leave me.. actions speak louder then words. Will Allah ask those living a very wealthy lifestyle how they did it while others suffered so greatly? Maybe so�

Plus Islam seems to put a lot into �fate�. It is my fate to be poor. So there is no sense of justice in their lives. A long, great after-life is great but is there any sense that life is worth living? That there should be help for me and my children? There is a sense that Jesus came to fight for me. Not a war in a conventional sense but my right to live decently and to in a humane environment.

Those are a few of my thoughts.... I am only writing of a few perceptions. Not any official doctrine by a religious official.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2005 at 1:31pm

And no mention of Saddam - amazing - or the Taliban - stunning. 

I need not follow up any of your cheap shots, but for your information they are all history now and we are concerned only with the current death cultists.

Thanks

b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

And no mention of Saddam - amazing - or the Taliban - stunning. 

I need not follow up any of your cheap shots, but for your information they are all history now and we are concerned only with the current death cultists.

Thanks

For your information, they are history, why exactly?  I think we know - and you opposed them 'being history.'  Those aren't cheap shots - unless you don't like the truth..how can people be 'death cultists' if they are the ones ending the killing?
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 10:05pm

The day you hit the truth by some chance your nation will be absolutely safe. Right now it's just the oil and the dollars that matter to the upstarts of the world.

Good bye, I have better things to do than feed your need for attention.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic