IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ISLAM IS FAILING IN AFRICA( @fast pace)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ISLAM IS FAILING IN AFRICA( @fast pace)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blkmuslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ISLAM IS FAILING IN AFRICA( @fast pace)
    Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:49am
As a person who was born there and went to school in that continent I have to tell you we are not doing enough and organisations like Africa Muslims Agency are not doing their job properly
As you all know its the continent where its people are the poorest in the world but richest in natural resources we have new problem-EVALENGICAL CHRISTIANS from UNITED STATES

but let me give a brief Flashback:
When Europeans Agents of colonials (Missionaries&traders) went to Africa they found Arabs were already there doing business and slave trade but Europeans were more smarter as they bought the localchiefs..converted them to christianity,built schools and hospitals and in the end all the village converted except some certain areas where some of the chiefs refused they resorted into indirect rule..never converted them into christianity but still got what they wanted..raw materials for Europe and to be fair if you go deep in Africa you are more likely to be met by a huge Church and beside it a school and a Hospital something that early ARABS never bothered to do as it was just converting a chief-get some slaves-buld a masjid here and there thats all
Now you cant win over people by that only..you need morer than that-IVEST IN THEM!

Fast foward 2005

Now we have a new bred of COLONIALISM there.Africa is so poor and people there live below 50p a day and they have faith in the religions there as that fanmours evalengical went there in 1980's(REINHARD BONKE) aFRICANS WERE CONVERTING TO CHRISTIANITY EN MASSES and now what we have is all sorts of neo -conservatives sponsored evalengicals doing their work in Africa by building schools,Hospitals,cheap houses,cheap loans and introduction of high tech farming projects and so on they are like a country within a country and believe me they are now CONVERTING TO CHRISTIANITY like you've never seen before

I believe that Muslim Agencies working or willing to work there should do more than just buld mosques and couple of schools and thats it
You want to influence people them Involve them in a more matured and decent way otherwise in 100 yeah there will be only 30% African muslims left
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 12:12pm
Muslim organizations need to improve the treatment of women  and children in Africa. They also need to stop female genital mutilation!! Until this happens many will keep converting because the christians trick them by being more humane and loving. Only when Muslims improve the education for poorer countries like in Africa and improve thier overall condition will this conversion stop. Otherwise it is our own faults!!!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 12:54pm
P.S> Many muslims sadly are prejudiced against black people even though it is unislamic. I think they care less about the suffering in Africa than Palestine or Iraq because they care more about Arabs than Africans. This prejudice is widespread and I have had 3 friends who when were looking for husbands were told by thier parents in no uncertian terms do not marry an African Muslim. One friend who was Palistinian was told she would be disowned if she married a Somali she was talking with. Sorry to say, that Muslims do not care enough for thier brothers and sisters in Africa. And to add the suffering of many non muslim women and children who are suffering poverty and disease in Africa that we should be helping too!!!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
blkmuslim View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blkmuslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 4:11pm

Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

P.S> Many muslims sadly are prejudiced against black people even though it is unislamic. I think they care less about the suffering in Africa than Palestine or Iraq because they care more about Arabs than Africans. This prejudice is widespread and I have had 3 friends who when were looking for husbands were told by thier parents in no uncertian terms do not marry an African Muslim. One friend who was Palistinian was told she would be disowned if she married a Somali she was talking with. Sorry to say, that Muslims do not care enough for thier brothers and sisters in Africa. And to add the suffering of many non muslim women and children who are suffering poverty and disease in Africa that we should be helping too!!!

with views like that Islam has a very long way to go in Africa..as the face of religious propagation has changed completely in the last 2 decades

nico View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 4:37pm

I believe another reason why Islam is failing in Africa is because of the treatment of non-Muslims by Muslim states especially in Sudan, and Northern Nigeria. Most Africans appreciate and want to live by Western norms of morality, and ethics, human rights, and democracy as defined by the West, not Islam. Most Africans see the enforcement of Shari'a and don't like it. While they have alternatives like Xtianity which is fundamentally more individualistic and more peaceful and is now the fastest growing religion due to the fact imo that is states in much stronger terms then any other religion peace, tolerance, and love. Things that Africa has lacked for the past 50 years, and looking at Muslim states in the continent it is not something to emulate. 

Edited by nico
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:01pm

Muslim organizations need to improve the treatment of women  and children in Africa. They also need to stop female genital mutilation!! Until this happens many will keep converting because the christians trick them by being more humane and loving. Only when Muslims improve the education for poorer countries like in Africa and improve thier overall condition will this conversion stop. Otherwise it is our own faults!!!

How do you 'trick' people by being 'humane and loving?'
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by blkmuslim blkmuslim wrote:

with views like that Islam has a very long way to go in Africa..as the face of religious propagation has changed completely in the last 2 decades

I have been trying to discuss the poor in Kenya, in Kisumu, Kenya, with people on this board and I was told it was 'off topic' and not pertinent nor the same as discussing the Palestinian plight.

How is this so?  Is there some index to great suffering that the Palestinians are on top of somehow?  Please that is absurd!

And I have affirmed how Palestinians have gotten a raw deal from history, but they now do have an opportunity in front of them to create a nation..

We all have choices to build or destroy...it is within the hands of each of us..

Edited by b95000
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
blkmuslim View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blkmuslim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 2:18am
I know what you mean...as I said I was in Africa (east Africa) and the coastal arreas which are known to have majority of Muslims who resnt being converted to christianity have EMBRASSED the fire of evalengical christians from AMERICA whose govt has been giving money to the faith based groups-nothing wrong with that but these groups  are doing some real hard work on the ground there ..before it used to be Catholics from Italy,Scotland and Ireland but nowadays its changed and  a good example is Loyola(google them) you will see the way they know how to swim with fish in the water......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic