IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Asalam Alaikum from NZ  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asalam Alaikum from NZ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asalam Alaikum from NZ
    Posted: 29 July 2005 at 3:59am

I am a newbie to this forum, also a recent revert - May of this year  

I live in New Zealand, and just after giving Shahada in Pakistan, I married a wonderful Pakistani Muslim man.

Unfortunately with the troubles of the world today and with Muslims not getting "good publicity" I am having a lot of difficulty in getting a visa for my new husband.  Not only that but I have come under personal attack for being a Muslim.  I cover my head and so I am obviously now a "moving target" within my own neighbourhood.  I had dog faeces thrown at my back door......not pleasant I can assure you.  I feel somewhat violated.......and I have not done a thing wrong to offend any one....well that I can recall.

Anyway I have been in contact with my local Mosque, and I am not the only sister to come under attack.....they are giving me support which I appreciate.  I have two teenage daughters who are non-muslim, and I fear for them more, because I can't help but wonder what will I wake up to tomorrow.

Sorry about the dull introduction....but it only happened this morning and I think I am still numbed by it all.

I know I will learn a lot from this forum all the same, because despite this little hiccup, I still wish to be a Muslim and a good one at that.

Thank you all

Halima

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 4:08am

Assalamu alaikum,

Welcome Sister Halima!  Sorry to hear you are getting a hard time.  Don't let these things done by ignorant people get to you.  When people say ignorant things to me I just smile and keep on walking.  You are fortunate to live in such a beautiful country!  With so much natural beauty around you, reminders of Allah are everywhere!  Don't let a few silly people spoil that for you.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.  May Allah grant you and your new husband better times ahead.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 6:26am
Dear sister Halima,

When i read that your neighbors threw out something in front of your back door, i remembred our Prophet (s.a.w)... His neighbor as well were throwing out such bad things to his door and to his way... And one day he (s.a.w) couldn't see these things that his neighbor had always thrown out the way.. So He (saw) went to see his neighbor to see if she is sick or what.. He (s.a.w) had wondred about his neighbor! Then, after she had seen the care of our prophet she accepted Islam elhamdulillah..

So sister,you are face to face with our prophet's (s.a.w) sunnah inshallah. I hope you will be a good neighbor to your neighbors and inshaallah they will understand that they were wrong about you.

PS: Sorry about english;)
Halima View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 4:50am

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement.

I dont feel alone anymore, and you have given me strength.

Thanks so much.

amna_ali View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amna_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 8:56am

Asslamualaikum

AllahuAkbar

It fills heart with pleasure that Muslim family is extending Alhumdolillah!!! CONGRATULATION Sister Halima MAshallah. May Allah bless you.

May Allah help Muslims to be true in their faith and to be united to work for Allah. May Allah give us Hidayet(Ameen)

Ma Salaam

Kind words and the covering of faults are better than charity followed by injury. God is free of all wants and He is most forebearing. (Al baqra: 263)
Rose View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 3:12pm

Al Salam 3alaikom,

how are you sis, I am very happy for you and congrtulations and welcome to Islam, May Allah bless you.

A thorn defends the rose,harming only those who would steal the blossom
Saido View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 4:04pm

Asalamu Alaykum Sister Halima

Muslims all around the world are being attacked for no crimes that they have committed except using logics and believing Allah as the only God,Muhammad as his last messenger and for following his great sunnah which they wish that their role models have but didn't. Sister I feel for you and anyone who is in any crisis in which they have done nothing wrong. Keep your head up high no matter what they try to throw at you. Remember to be patient because Allah loves patients and the Exalted will give you your justice on the Great Day of Recompense when we Muslims will be happy and the Kuffars tormented.

Sonia View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2005 at 12:35am

Asslam u lakom

Dear halima

Wecome to islam may allah bless you  ..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic