IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why should one be muslim ?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why should one be muslim ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by abdelhamidem abdelhamidem wrote:

Salam to everyone.

I'll be straight forward. I was born muslim and I've been struggling with my faith for many years. Downs and highs like many muslims experience I think. Last summer I decided to stop that yoyo faith, and ask myself why my faith isn't steady. The answer is because I'm not fully convinced. Why am I not fully convinced? I don't really know... I could list a few things that I don't understand or even disagree with Islam, but I think my real question, the one that would give me real strong faith if it was answer is:

[...]

Today, the only thing I'm certain of is that God exists. I'm just not sure about Islam anymore.

How can you answer me? And please, don't shoot. I'm a honest person, asking honest questions, honestly looking for answers.

Hi abdelhamidem,

First of all, I want to tell you that I fully understand your feelings, because I had it. I am Catholic, and I was, for long time (years), rejecting any religious feeling (hurting everyone with that way). But the truth is that it was not a personal thing, but a social one: my friends were not interested in religion, they said they were "atheist" or whatever... and I was such a weak person that I just followed them.

But after time, I realize that I never stopped believing in God, I just made a theatre to be "cool". But the feeling was there, and actually, it just re-appeared in public one day, when one of my friends said the worst blasphemy it may exist, and something inside me like an ON button was reactivated and I started a strong discussion with that person, talking about God, about how good He is and how ungrateful we, st**id humanity are. I was talking for I don't know how long, and finally, he asked for forgiveness and we went on with our friendship.

That was the moment I realized that sometimes, we are weak as human being, but sooner or later God is sending us the message, or the power or whatever to show us that the truth is inside us.

My suggestion for you is just to explore Islam from the deeper part of your heart. Give Islam a chance, because maybe there is a button inside you waiting to be on, and you cannot say you are not Muslim, until you know you are believing in God trough other Faith (that's another possibility, but I would suggest you to leave this one apart by the moment).

Try to concentrate yourself, read the Quran and pray asking directly God for the answer you need, and maybe you will realize that the answer was always there.

Regards,
Patricia
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic