IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why should one be muslim ?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why should one be muslim ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 8:24am
I would not want to say that there is only One True Path to God. And it is good that you agree that "Islam" in the most literal sense of the word is the best path.

I would say that Islam is not only a religion but a complete way of life that is compatible with nature. I dare not say that those who are not Muslims would not enter heaven. Because from what I understand, we enter heaven due to God's mercy and we enter hell (nauzubillahiminzalik - may God forbid) due to His Justice. I hope you understand this clearly.

There is a secret to our existence and there are many Saints and Gnostics from other religions who had discovered this secret without even saying Lailahailallah Muhammadurasulullah.

�Who knows himself will know his Lord.�   It means we have to study ourselves.

Who are we?

Where do we come from?

The only thing that I could safely say is that Islam is the simplest religion to understand and the best example of a human being that any one can emulate is indeed Muhammad Rasulullullah.

A sign of God's Mercy, giving His Servants a chance to come to Him, to know Him thru a religion that is simple but true.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 9:14am
Every religion is a way of life. If you have tenants and faiths that ask you to live by them daily its a way of life. I keep hearing that here but there is no difference than how Buddhist live or Jews.

I disagree that Islam is simple. In another thread you have people fighting over what kind of prayer to pray and in another people bad mouthing sects. Simple to me is 2+2
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Gibbs Gibbs wrote:

Every religion is a way of life. If you have tenants and faiths that ask you to live by them daily its a way of life. I keep hearing that here but there is no difference than how Buddhist live or Jews. 

I believe Hassan addressed this quite appropriately. Like he said, one of the MAJOR differences in Islam versus any other religion like Judaism or Buddhism is - Islam is an all encompassing way of life. It is not simply restricted to the mosque, or to ceremonial acts of worship. It is how we live, and act in our daily lives. . . . its a living religion.

Quote I disagree that Islam is simple. In another thread you have people fighting over what kind of prayer to pray and in another people bad mouthing sects. Simple to me is 2+2

For you,  2+2 simple . . . yet I am sure that to a person who lacks knowledge of mathematics -  2+2 will not be simple. 

Same with Islam. To those who have the required islamic knowledge and awareness . . . it is easy. For those who lack fundamental knowledge, it will not be easy. The problem here is not the complexity of Islam, it is people's individual perspectives about Islam. You don't find Islam simple - fair enough. However that doesn't really disprove Islam's simplicity.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 4:24pm
There is no math in Islam except that which is prescribed I know that but I'm referring to the issues concerning Islam and religion. There is nothing simple about religion. Religion will always be complex.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 4:47pm
To know whether Islam is simpler than other religion, then you have to do comparison with other religion.

Most importantly about any religion is the concept of God.

What is the concept of God in Islam versus the concept of God in other religion.

The concept of God in the Quran is very clear, simple, straightforward and compatible with the intellect.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Gibbs View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 5:54pm
Well to Hindus the bhagavad gita is an easy read as well I'm sure
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 7:49pm
If you are sure, I politely invite you to debate it here.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 7:57pm
I wonder where is the original poster now?

Abdel, why are you not showing up?

Would you please kindly respond to any of our replies?

Don't be like the American sniper in Iraq. Shoot then hide, shoot then hide, wanna shoot again, realized there are too many people getting alert.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic