IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Jesus
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HUMANE FEATURES OF THE PROPHET JESUS (PBUH) IN THE  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HUMANE FEATURES OF THE PROPHET JESUS (PBUH) IN THE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ahmetsecer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmetsecer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HUMANE FEATURES OF THE PROPHET JESUS (PBUH) IN THE
    Posted: 14 April 2010 at 11:02am

HUMANE FEATURES OF THE PROPHET JESUS (PBUH) IN THE BIBLE

Birth, lineage and ancestors of the Prophet Jesus (pbuh)
A record of the genealogy of Jesus the son of David, the son of Abraham � (Matthew 1:1-2)

Then Jesus' mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. (Mark 3:31)

� The crowds answered: "This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee." (Matthew 21:11)

� Isn't this the carpenter? Isn't this Mary's son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas, and Simon? Aren't his sisters here with us?" (Mark 6:3)

And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men. (Luke, 2:52)

Humane features of the Prophet Jesus (pbuh)
He eats
When he [Jesus] was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it, and began to give it to them. (Luke 24:30)

And while they still did not believe it, because of [their] joy and amazement, he asked them: "Do you have anything here to eat?" They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate it in their presence. (Luke 24:41-43)

While Jesus was having dinner at Levi's house � (Mark 2:15)

Jesus, tired from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about the sixth hour. When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus asked her: "Will you give me a drink?"(John 4:6-7) 

He gets tired and he rests
Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. (Mark 4:38)

Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he [Jesus] said to them: "Come with me to a quiet place and get some rest."(Mark 6:31)

Jesus, tired from the journey, sat down by the well. (John 4:6)

Like any human being, the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) is dependent on mercy of Allah

All things have been given to me by my Lord. (Matthew 11:27)

I do exactly what God has commanded me [to do]. (Matthew 14:31)

The words I say to you are not just my own. (John 14:10)

I tell you the truth, the apostle can do nothing by himself. (John 5:19)

My teaching is not my own. It comes from Him Who sent me. (John 7:16)

My Lord, Who has given them to me, is greater than all. (John 10:29)

For I did not speak of my own accord, but God, Who sent me, told me what to say and how to say it. I know that His command leads to eternal life.So whatever I say is just what God has told me to say. (John 12:49-50)

Jesus knew that God had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God. (John 13:3)

for I always do what pleases Him. (John 8:29)

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but He Who sent me. (John 5:30)

The Prophet Jesus (pbuh) prays to Allah
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed. (Matthew 26:39)

looking up to heaven, he gave thanks. (Matthew 14:19)

After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. (Matthew 14:23)

Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house, and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. (Mark 1:35)

After leaving them, he went up on a mountainside to pray. (Mark 6:46)

Jesus said to his disciples: "Sit here while I pray." (Mark 14:32)

One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God. (Luke, 6:12)

One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. (Luke 11:1)

But I have prayed for you� that your faith may not fail. (Luke 22:32)

Edited by ahmetsecer - 14 April 2010 at 11:04am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic