IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - TELLING THE TRUTH  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TELLING THE TRUTH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TELLING THE TRUTH
    Posted: 26 April 2010 at 6:42pm

Sis where are you ? How are you doing ? --- Do reply my PM. I pray all is well at your side

I request the members to kindly pray for sis Fatimah. Last time when she wrote to me, was very much into depression -- She was tired of her life -- Am very much bothered of her. Do make duas for her well-being
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
gynks79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gynks79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2010 at 5:59am
Salaam sister, its nice to be back.  I went to visit my sister in North Carolina for a few days, what a wonderful time we always have.  So much smiles and laughter and silly things we do as if we were still children, but we hate to live each other, even now.  It was a good trip.  thank you sister for all that you do for me, for taking the time to listen to my words and find the right hadith to send to me, hamduliallah for you.  I wish so much one day I can meet you, maybe if not in this time, in the hereafter, just to say to you.  THANK YOU SISTER for all that you give to me and help me.  I am so glad our souls have crossed.
fatimah
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2010 at 9:39am
As Salamu Alaikum

Am sorry for being late to respond sis. I was looking for a hadith, which flashed my mind when read your first sentence of above post. Alhamdullilah, i got it. It's like this

Imaam al-Bukhaari (may Allaah have mercy on him) reported in his Saheeh that �Aa�ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: �I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saying: �Souls are like conscripted soldiers; those whom they recognize, they get along with, and those whom they do not recognize, they will not get along with.�� (Saheeh al-Bukhaari, Kitaab Ahaadeeth al-Anbiyaa�, Baab al-Arwaah junood mujannadah).

Alhamdullilah, our souls recognise each other :)

May we be under the shade of Allah swt on the Day when there is no shade. Ameen

I can;t say much about love and it getting faded, except that emotions are n't stagnant. Suppose if we get anger we move towards a person to express it and sooner her smile or attitude may vanish our anger --.

Even our faith {state of Imaan} is n't stagnant. Right !

So just take things lightly and don't hold yourselves responsible

I feel this sister of mine holds burden of whole world over her shoulders:) :). Avoid ignoring such matters my friend

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
gynks79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gynks79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 5:31am
in this case sister, I believe its important to be so so sure of one's feeling before saying them to another.  In this way, later in life maybe there is no need to withdraw our feelings and cause hurt to the other person.  Many people say they love much too soon, and then find out later the love is fading.  How can you tell someone who love you so much that your love for them is fade??? Its much to hard, you know it will bring them so much pain and yes maybe the pain will go away after a while, but maybe it will not, maybe it will change that person life forever in a bad way.  I donot want to be responsible for that, its too much to carry for me.
gynks79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gynks79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 5:28am
Salaam sis Seek....
why do I feel I know you? its is like when you speak u r here sitting next to me having tea together Smile  Your words so calm and filled with peace sister, I love it when you speak, it make me feel I know you for so long time, and you are so wise. All of your answers are good ways for me to think of how to handle these types of situations.  I guess I just feel so strong about not hurting anyone.  In the case of our prophet (pbuh) choosing the one he cared for best, wow I don't know if I could do that with all of the ones who love me standing around.  I would be afraid to offend someone and it would not be my intent at all, but our prophet (pbuh) was so so great, he know how to handle all things through Allah teach him, hamduliallah.  My other sister tell me, my problem is I want everyone to be happy and everyone can not.  Maybe she is correct, but maybe it does not hurt to try.  thank you sister.
gynks79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gynks79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 5:18am
good morning Pati,
thank you for your insight, your thoughts are worth considering.  I don't like to lie to anyone as well, if it comes to that I will say nothing or just tell them, I don't know.  I mean there are people who have gone into such depression over someone telling them what they perceive to be the truth.  Others have withdrawn from the world because of it.  Everyone is not strong enough to accept what we call the truth.  I just don't want to be the one who causes someone to hurt in this way, people are more important than that, to me.
fatimah
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 1:36am
3rd case :

I remember my sister coming out of the hospital 2 months ago, she lost so so much weight, she did not look good at all and I was afraid for her.  she ask me how she look, I did not say the truth, I know it will hurt her.  So I say to her u look fine. its very hard for me sister.

You must have noticed sis, that though you said she is fine in her looks, but other people who must have met her surely would have told her that she is not like before ! Right. This would have saddened her and she might think that "my sis, told me a lie to keep me happy".

I would say, insha Allah, you shall recover soon as you are back from hospital. From next day onwards, we gradually see improvements from such patients, so would say her that you are now much better than yesterday ! This would boost her up. Else, when she would gain her weight like before she may feel, i was looking fine when was with less weight, now gaining weight may make me bad in my looks ! This would  deprive her to be happy with her improvements

All these were my thoughts.

Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 1:28am
2nd case :

Or if we find someone love us and we do not love him the same, but he is a so good person, how can you tell him these words that will hurt him so much.

This reminded me an incident from seerah {biography of Prophet} We all know very well, how dear our Prophet was to all the sahabas. They were ready to gives their lives to protect our prophet. Love of sahabas need not be explained -- May we too hold that much of love for our Prophet --. But the incident here is, once in a gathering, Prophet {salllal lahu alayhi wasallam} was asked, whom did he like most amongst sahabas { I may need correction here, as i don't remember if it was asked whom he likes most / who is dear to him or who is his best friend}

But the answer would help us. Prophet {pbuh} immediately said - it was Abu Bakr. Prophet was direct to all. He did not think that he would be hurting all those who loved him so much than anything in the world. He did not lie. He was known to be truthful.

Secondy, in your case, does that person ask you , if you like her as much as she likes ? If she does n't ask just drop it. If she asks say that you do like her. Don't say  i like you less than how much you love me -- etc. Love cannot be measured, right !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic