IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - hijab  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hijab

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CinnaStix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hijab
    Posted: 19 March 2005 at 7:31am

Salam!

I am trying to put a book together about hijab...wanted to ask for some help...if you know anyone who can be of help, please tell them about my request...

If you have....

a story, an essay, a poem, a picture, a photo, a quote, a piece of advice, an experience, AN incident... a FAQ about hijab with your answer...

then send it in!!! but please do not send anything in unless it comes with a way of contact (email...) WITH THE PERSON WHO WROTE IT.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT ASAP!!!!!!

JAZAK ALLAH KHAIR

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2005 at 7:23pm

Bismillah,

We Muslimah have many stories about hijab.  What is your point of view?

I was insulted, called a traitor, ridiculed, followed around, spat on, stared at.  So many things to say.

It identified me as a muslim to my sisters in Islaam.  We met, talked, got to know each other, or just smiled with a greeting glad to see someone else like us.  In the end I discovered that culture and racism are strong, and that the whites stick together, the paks, the indians, the malaysians et cetera.  Other people might have found true sisterhood, and that is wonderful.  But ours was confined to boundaries set by the cultural norms from each culture.  The hijab united us in small ways, but not cross-culturally enough to form the bonds of meaningful friendships, usually.

no e-mail.  sorry.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
CinnaStix View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CinnaStix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 9:48am
Thank you for replying! I'd like all points of view...it is YOUR piece of work...so what is it you would like me to use??? this email is fine!
IslamicGirl View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 7:36am

Well in the country I live in, I look up to women who actually can go out in public with a hijab on.  In different states here, it's like Islam is one of the main religions.. but, in the other state, it's like being an alien or an outcast.

adji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 4:44pm

Assalamu alaikum,

Without email, you still can communicate each other via PM facility on this forum. It works just like webmail at yahoo etc, please try.

Wassalam,
Adji

Edited by adji
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 9:17pm

Es_Selam'un Aleykum.

I'll give you some references and some online books about your issue,i believe they will help you...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic