IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shadow lands: Pakistan - a nation under attack  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shadow lands: Pakistan - a nation under attack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Umm Hufsah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 6:46am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

I agree with the debt angle. I also think many people here are "fat and happy." And the jaws will consume..

No kidding.... but this is not just the case with US. I have seen this case in other western countries as well, particularly some of its allies. It could be that people in these countries are too busy being fat and happy to do anything about stopping the war while claiming that they don't support it.

Edited by Umm Hufsah - 07 April 2010 at 6:48am
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 4:47am
I know some people working to stop the wars, but not enough. If they could stop the wars, it might also help the economy.. instead of resources going down a black hole.

You know 58,000 Americans died in the fruitless war that was Vietnam. it took that many people. But people are sold a bill of goods. i was talking to my Sister-in -law and you see it hook- line and sinker. This we need to "support the troops" mantra.  Goes to show you that nationalism has replaced a higher authority... that we will answer to God.  Its the Nation-state that is the one we 'bow down to."
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Umm Hufsah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Umm Hufsah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 8:31am

I know some people working to stop the wars, but not enough. If they could stop the wars, it might also help the economy.. instead of resources going down a black hole.

You know 58,000 Americans died in the fruitless war that was Vietnam. it took that many people. But people are sold a bill of goods. i was talking to my Sister-in -law and you see it hook- line and sinker. This we need to "support the troops" mantra.  Goes to show you that nationalism has replaced a higher authority... that we will answer to God.  Its the Nation-state that is the one we 'bow down to."

I know, its very sad that so many lives are lost in this war as well in all countries involved ( in the offencive and in the defencive) but this war is kept fueled for some very valuable reasons to 'war profiteers' ( Oil Rush and Imperialism are very obviously amongst them).  Its the innocent civilians over looked every time becoming just numbers who died.

Its amazing how people don't learn their lesson from the history and don't get tired of being manipulated by their corrupt power hungry politicians. Nationalism is powerful idea used by elites or political leaders at potential opportunities to manipulate or control the masses. Nationalism has been used ever so often to support ethnic cleansing and genocide, including the American genocide, Nazi Holocaust, the deportation of the Chechen's and Crimean and Tartars under Stalin, the expulsion of of Germans from Poland and Czechoslovakia and the ethnic cleansing during the Yugoslav Wars.

Nationalism gives these corrupt inhuman politicians, licence to get away with horrendous war crimes, this time its with a little twist of dictatorship under the flag of capitalist democracy - placing corrupt people as puppet leaders in target countries like Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan - leading these countries into total chaos.

Muslims are encouraged to support murder of their own brothers and sisters round the world in the name of Nationalism, fooling them into believing that they are being liberated (more like liberated from this world - killed indiscriminately in thousands).

ops155 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Umm Hufsah Umm Hufsah wrote:

I know, its very sad that so many lives are lost in this war as well in all countries involved ( in the offencive and in the defencive) but this war is kept fueled for some very valuable reasons to 'war profiteers' ( Oil Rush and Imperialism are very obviously amongst them).  Its the innocent civilians over looked every time becoming just numbers who died.

Its amazing how people don't learn their lesson from the history and don't get tired of being manipulated by their corrupt power hungry politicians. Nationalism is powerful idea used by elites or political leaders at potential opportunities to manipulate or control the masses. Nationalism has been used ever so often to support ethnic cleansing and genocide, including the American genocide, Nazi Holocaust, the deportation of the Chechen's and Crimean and Tartars under Stalin, the expulsion of of Germans from Poland and Czechoslovakia and the ethnic cleansing during the Yugoslav Wars.

Nationalism gives these corrupt inhuman politicians, licence to get away with horrendous war crimes, this time its with a little twist of dictatorship under the flag of capitalist democracy - placing corrupt people as puppet leaders in target countries like Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan - leading these countries into total chaos.

Muslims are encouraged to support murder of their own brothers and sisters round the world in the name of Nationalism, fooling them into believing that they are being liberated (more like liberated from this world - killed indiscriminately in thousands).

Speaking of controling the masses, how best to do that??? TV and the news, put out as many demonizing articles as you can and say look what they are doing yet never admit you are doing the same thing.  Although no one here will ever admit that Muslims are doing the same exact type of thing, anyone remember dead bodies being dragged down a road and put hung from the bridge? It happens on both sides, you believe what you want. It is called war, don't like it, give up!!! War is not pretty in anyway. Just because America has better technology doesn't mean anything, your side has to use suicide bombers where we can use a remote control plane. The result is the same, innocent people dead on BOTH sides.
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Umm Hufsah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 4:21am
Originally posted by ops155 ops155 wrote:

Speaking of controling the masses, how best to do that??? TV and the news, put out as many demonizing articles as you can and say look what they are doing yet never admit you are doing the same thing.  Although no one here will ever admit that Muslims are doing the same exact type of thing, anyone remember dead bodies being dragged down a road and put hung from the bridge? It happens on both sides, you believe what you want. It is called war, don't like it, give up!!! War is not pretty in anyway. Just because America has better technology doesn't mean anything, your side has to use suicide bombers where we can use a remote control plane. The result is the same, innocent people dead on BOTH sides.

Well! Well! what have we got here another 'war to terrorise' supporter. You don't want the war to end no matter what, I see..... and you really really want this war to go on infinitely, Okay its your choice! don't care who dies in your attacks? but then it makes you as inhuman as the suicide bombers, can you explain where does the difference between you and them lie then? why go to the other countries and kill terrorists when people supporting the 'war to terrorise' have 'terrorist mentality', you need to fix yourself first to go play hero dude..........if not where will it ever end then? world blowing it self up. Just between you and me what are you getting out of this war, is government paying you good money to support this war? how wise to become 'terrorist' to stop terrorism, ending up in fanning it even more to inextinguishable proportion. There has to be effort to put this fire out, rather adding oil to it, don't you think?

Edited by Umm Hufsah - 10 April 2010 at 5:51am
nu001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nu001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 4:23am
Unfortunately pakistan's enemies are more within than from outside. If an entity is too much greedy, outsiders will take chance of fulfilling their mission in return.

Edited by nu001 - 09 April 2010 at 4:24am
"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Umm Hufsah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 5:24am
Greed exists in every country on this earth, however, its the master technique of America and its allies -  how best to exploit the weaknesses of the opponent country to win no matter how low you need to fall.  First put sanctions upon sanctions to starve the people in these countries to death and when they have become nothing but skin and bones then threaten them that their country will be obliterated if they do not agree to play in the hands of US and its allies - this way all the corrupt politicians starts jumping to the bones America throws at them to make them do all the dirty work for it to succeed.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2010 at 11:45am
You are right, sister, that greed is everywhere in the world.

One huge problem that Pakistan has is a corrupt Pres. Zardari.(he is not called Mr 10% for nothing..fingers in many pies) He is just that way, regardless of the US and the allies. I say this because millions of British pounds has been sent to the Pak government from the UK,BUt how much reached the poor and homeless and starving. I heard from reliable sources that Zardari spent a large majority on new cars etc :( We already know how much he stole and put into Swiss bank accounts. ANd was it not the Pak government that increased the food prices of sugar, rice etc and people had a big worry about food?

BUt it is true that Pak Presidents are puppets to the Americans, as UK Prime Ministers are puppets to them also. It's terribly sad really :( THe people of Pakistan once were very trusting of their leaders. I kind of get the feeling that the poor are pretty much kept in the dark about their country?

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic