IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shadow lands: Pakistan - a nation under attack  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shadow lands: Pakistan - a nation under attack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shadow lands: Pakistan - a nation under attack
    Posted: 10 September 2011 at 8:11pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
nu001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nu001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 6:04am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

...They had no power to divide but to demand whatever but there was something else bigger in scope than that these guys that you have overlooked!

Bro I agree to you all the way, but the above quoted part. Infact the word "demand" is very crucial, has bigger role than what the superpowers have done/can do. Just think, if they didnt demand, would the superpowers be able to seperate?

Example: US wanted to divide Iraq, but Iraqis didnt want, could they do it?

It's always good to see the intentions and positions of your own leaders than to put all the allegations on the superpowers and world politics. That's what these corrupt leaders want you to do. If the leaders and people want the same, no world power can change that even by wars.

Would you blame America for the situation you are in now? Although the leaders will bul*****about annahillation and such stuff and political pressure, but Pakistan did it by choice. Region from Afg border upto Islamabad is virtually under US control now and america isn't doing it by force. They have agreement and they pay to do what they are doing. Your leaders and military chose money over national honour... FULLSTOP

Edited by nu001 - 07 May 2011 at 6:11am
"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2010 at 1:02am

Diplomatic Row: Pakistani Military Delegation Leaves US in Protest After Airport Detention

Visit to Centcom Cut Short by 'Terror' Detentions of a Paki Military OMG

I think if these clown have any self respect left they should do something about this disgrace! There is a limit to being sycophantic slaves!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 02 September 2010 at 1:06am
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2010 at 5:48am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Chrysalis:
I would like you to tell me whatever you know about the boys beaten to death in  Sialkot to help my fondness!
And this happened in Ramadan that can't be blamed on talibaans either!

Well Sign these beatings were definitely horrendous and foolish - but what I fail to see is how you are associating it with Pakistan's ideology?

Bro killings, murders, shootings take place throughout the world. It is an unfortunate part of being human and living amongst mortals who are flawed. Name one society, community or nation that is crime free? The people involved in the beatings were foolish, impulsive and aggressive. A trend that is unfortunately becoming more common with young males around the world. 

If we be that cynical then we shall simply end up having no fondness for any of our fellow human race, not just Pakistan. Since such acts are part and parcel of life as human beings...

Quote There is no Pakistan that was Iqbal's dream

Thats because reality can never be as Utopian as a dream. Theory is always markedly different from its application. Imperfection is part of being human. While I do hope Pakistan and the Ummah overcome their problems, I do not expect everything to be perfect, Utopian or dream like. We will always have our flaws.
When a baby is born, the parents think it's perfect, they want it to be perfect, they have stellar expectations - they dream big dreams.... they never stop to think of possibilities that the child may grow up to be a material failure, unemployed or a criminal. Dreams are always eons away from actual reality...

Quote I think being a poet  philosopher Iqbal forgot, it takes real people to build nation, not just a piece of land!

I agree 100% with the part in bold. Real people means real flaws and real mistakes - meaning we shall never achieve the dream... and we should be ready to accept failures and disappointments. We can try to achieve it, and attain the next best level. However that doesn't mean we have to be cynical and write off an entire population based on their human flaws and faults.  

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2010 at 11:16pm
Chrysalis:
I would like you to tell me whatever you know about the boys beaten to death in  Sialkot to help my fondness!
And this happened in Ramadan that can't be blamed on talibaans either!
 There is no Pakistan that was Iqbal's dream and if he was alive what happened in his town he will do fast unto death for certain and what is happening in Karachi Jinnah would regret asking for the Governor General's chair!

I think being a poet  philosopher Iqbal forgot, it takes real people to build nation, not just a piece of land!

After the video and the discussion on a show Allah's displeasure became quite evident!
Imho enough is enough!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 20 August 2010 at 11:36pm
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2010 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

I do hope that it is BEHIND one's commitment to Allah, Islam and humanity.

I agree. Thats how I view my attachment towards Pakistan...  as long as the  love for my land its people doesn't clash with my Imaan and Islam. The interest of our Ummah/Muslim Brotherhood (note to FBI: not the Egyptian political party...the other kind) should be given a priority over our "tribe" or "country.

Upto a certain extent it can be compatible . . . . attachment to one's roots is something inevitable and cannot be seperated from who you are.

Quote I think as the people become more inter-connected through technology we will be less and less nationalistic. As more people travel and see the world, people will think less about "my group" by humanity as a whole. 

Lets hope so inshAllah! Smile

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2010 at 11:46am
I agree it is complex and there will be no solutions or answers for the actions of past peoples.

They will always stand alongside religions and one's commitment to God.

I do hope that it is BEHIND one's commitment to Allah, Islam and humanity.  I think as the people become more inter-connected through technology we will be less and less nationalistic. As more people travel and see the world, people will think less about "my group" by humanity as a whole. 

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Divya_Mohammed View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divya_Mohammed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2010 at 3:12am
Assalam Alaikum

This subject is too complex and sure, we can debate endlessly.  At least we can do one thing together, that is to pray to Allah Almighty that peace  and progress exists for all people, irrespective of religious affinities in all three countries.

Few years back, I met an elderly Pakistani (Muslim)  in the Indian train and we had discussed for a long time and he was explaining to me how much he wanted to be in India and settle back and take up Indian Citizenship but cannot do it, before his death in his earlier village that he left in India, while moving to Pakistan. His stories were soul-searching and even my mother was not born then.

I am happy you mentioned that no one forced your family  but all were not lucky like that, for all those who migrated from Pakistan to india or from india to Pakistan. There was systematic ethnic cleansing.

There was a private survey done and almost all respondents , who included many Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs  and others; all had unanimous opinion that no one wants Pakistan or Bangladesh back at all. Surely India and Indians  accepts the reality of Pakistan and Bangladesh .

Also the concept of Nationhood or affinity for language or culture cannot be wished away. They will always stand alongside religions and one's commitment to God.

Let there be peace and progress and let us pray for that !

Allah Hafiz
Divya Mohammed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic