IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I just dont understand  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I just dont understand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I just dont understand
    Posted: 28 July 2005 at 2:23pm

Hello , I am not a muslim, I dont know what I am  I dont go to church , but believe in god (or something better than dust in the afterlife) I consider myself to be a good person and dont expect to go to hell for not leading a religeous life , I respect my fellow man - their beliefs , i live in a City in England with various cultures and work closely with muslims sikhs and hindus , colour to me is totally insignificant i can Bangra dance with the best of them and share a meal with a muslim family and discuss the meaning of life" and have discovered that the teachings in the Koran are not so different than our holy bible so in my mind we should be living side by side peacefully.........I am not political but thank my lucky stars I live in a democracy , I am extremely upset that some british muslims have done this to our country - their country on innocent people and cannot for the life of me get my head around what they hope to achieve. What doctrine they are being fed in their mosques by these radical clerics? I liken it to religeous cult behaviour , black magic, devil worship call it what you will but its a twisted few only that will only be erased by the Muslim communities - its got to come from within because us non muslim westerners do not and cannot understand it?          

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 2:36pm

You are far better than some Muslims I know. It's hard to be Muslim if we are not an example of a human being. Tracy, these boys lacked the will power to stand and do something really nice with Blair and the gang - like boycotting English and American products OR setting in some other movement.

This has nothing to do with any teachings at the mosques or anywhere else. It's just a sad desperate inhumane reaction to something which can be tackled otherwise. Together, we will fix this ailment. Only we can, the Downing Street can't 

Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 3:47pm

Assalamu Alaikum

Brother Whisper, Mashallah.  May Allah reward you well for you response to Tracy.  Jazak Allah.  I totally agree with you!

PAZ, Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
human View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

This has nothing to do with any teachings at the mosques or anywhere else. It's just a sad desperate inhumane reaction to something which can be tackled otherwise. Together, we will fix this ailment. Only we can, the Downing Street can't 

Whisper, are you sure about that? There seems to be some evidence that some mosques in UK are indulging in hate mongering. This denial is what is causing the entire muslim community to be tarred with a single brush. That's why I keep calling for introspection.

Human

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 6:53pm
I agree with Whisper and I echo that sentiment. I believe the mosque that preach hate and to kill the non-believer (regardless whther they are innocent are not) is ignorance. Its ignoranc eof spirituality and its ignorance of doctrine. Mankind will always taint holy doctrine with subjective interpretation and its because of this reality, ignorant scholars will use the literal meanings of Quranic doctrine to create their own purpose. To me, to destroy the epidemic of fanaticism doesn't just start with our own way of thinking it starts with everyone involved. It starts also with the people who think this way. Unfortunately its getting to the point where to control fanatical Imams we need governmental control on them.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

This has nothing to do with any teachings at the mosques or anywhere else.

of course it has to with the teachings at the mosques, if it was anywhere else do you think it would be allowed ?

It has been noted here where I live that shieks and leaders of community (NOT ALL) tend to come from overseas with their radical, extremists views preach hatred of the country and the way of life in mosques.

There are overseas lecturers that come to universities to speak to the student muslim communities and also preach extreme views. 

While the government has and continues to plead with the moderate muslim community to help get rid of these extremists, nothing really happens, it is the muslims job also to help their own from falling, why do muslims don't go up against their own, especially if they know they are in the wrong and teaching wrongfully, afterall it is the kids that fall and suffer.

Quote It's just a sad desperate inhumane reaction to something which can be tackled otherwise. Together, we will fix this ailment. Only we can, the Downing Street can't 

You do realise that terrorism strikes anywhere not just Downing street.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:32am

Originally posted by tracy tracy wrote:

I dont know what I am  

You are a human being  

but that is an assumption of mine because you could be an alien from outerspace  

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
ummsaleh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 9:32am
Sister i was once in your shoes; when i found islam I knew that it was what I had been looking for.
Lost somewhere in the Middle East.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic