IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I just dont understand  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I just dont understand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 9:56am
a little later................

We condemn utterly these barbaric attacks. Those responsible have no respect for human life. We are united in our front to defeat terrorism which is not an attack on one nation but on all nations and on civilization as we know it. We will not allow this to stop the work of this summit. We will continue our deliberations in search of a better world. The perpetrators of this attack are intent on destroying human life. The terrorists will not succeed. Today's bombings will not weaken in any way our resolve to defeat those who would impose their fanaticism and extremism on all of us. We shall prevail and they shall not.

tracy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 10:01am

He didnt point a finger at any one group OMYA????

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 12:50pm

of course it has to with the teachings at the mosques, if it was anywhere else do you think it would be allowed ?

Angel, who is it allowed or sanctioned by?

There are 216 mosques of different sizes and forms in the UK and a whole lot more than that in the world. Yes, there are criminals in each community. There are some criminal clerics in the UK as well. But their number is being sexed up - like that famous Downing Street dossier on WMDs. It will be a tall order even to locate 10 bad apples in the whole UK lot.

Have you ever attended any lecture by some Sheikh? Or are we just quoting from the press? If challenging Bush and Blair's killing practices can be filed under hate mongering then 67% of Brits, including myself and over 98% of the global Muslim population are definitely hate mongers.

Will you now tell me who allowed it?

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 12:57pm

Whisper, are you sure about that? There seems to be some evidence that some mosques in UK are indulging in hate mongering. This denial is what is causing the entire muslim community to be tarred with a single brush. That's why I keep calling for introspection.

Must apologise for not being able to respond to you any earlier, I was away at a place with most feeble phone lines.

Yes, there are some clerics in the UK who possibly like to play it up for the media attention they seek. It will be a tall order to find even 10 of these in a place with over 216 mosques.

Their importance and numbers are being sexed up like our now very famous Downing Street dossier on the WMDs. Do I need to spell out for what purpose?

Nothing like introspection. But just one side doing it solves nothing. We must try and Make Killing History instaed of decorating our killers - on both sides of the fence.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 7:41pm

Bismillah,

I have never attended a Khutbah, speech, at a mosque, and this is over 20 some years, in America, in Jordan or in Kuwait that said anything pro-terroristic!

In fact, our preacher from Al-Azhar who could barely speak English at first, was the first to inform us years ago of the evil of the Taliban.  Their behavior made him really, really angry.  (And the fact that America funded them!)

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
human View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote human Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 10:51pm

Whenever there are terrorist attacks, and if the terrorists happen to be muslims, the first reaction of the muslim community (a typical response, obviously no one speaks for all muslims), is that of denial. At first they say, it is a western conspiracy. Once there is proof that it was indeed islamic terrorists who did it, then they start saying the terrorists are not "real" muslims because Quran doesn't allow it.

Morality is established by cultures and society. The laws of the land and religious scriptures only go so far and no further. That's why we have crimes, even in Singapore where laws are very strict and Saudi Arabia where apparently strict islamic rule is in place. On the other hand, in some of the scandinavian countries, which are not terribly religious, nor do they have draconian laws, the crime rate is very low.

My take from all this is that the cultural values and society play a major role in how people see themselves. In societies where there is a strong disapproval of corruption of any kind, people tend to be less corrupt. I have seen the other extreme in India, where corruption is a way of life. It is practiced at all levels of life and it is okay to be corrupt. Just as I am not blaming all muslims for terrorism, I am not saying all Indians are corrupt.

Therefore it behooves on muslims to do serious introspection about their belief system and their books. As muslim apologists keep saying that it was okay for the prophet to marry a nine year old girl at that time, but it is not okay today, there are many other things that require revision. It should not be okay for a cleric to teach gullible youth that in order to reach heaven, he needs to kill so many people. It should not be okay for a cleric to preach that their primary responsibility is towards their religion and the mythical umma, not to the country of their residence. Most importantly, it should not be okay for a cleric to teach young children that all the wisdom is concentrated in Quran and all other knowledge is superfluous and useless. This can only happen if the educated and enlightened muslims call a spade a spade.

Human

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 2:19am

Human, a great post. I agree with every word and your fair logic.

But, the sad reality is that the educated and enlightened Muslim has been rendered redundant by the reality of occupations of Muslim lands, mass killings, prisoner abuse and, finally, by the desecrations of the Quran.

Shall I place just an example from one of my neighbour countries? The Islamists had never held more than TWO seats in the National Assembly of Pakistan. Afghanistan made them hold two whole provinces, Baluchistan and the NWFP. Iraq and the US continued support for their general in Islamabad (with total disregard for the man in the street - as usual) I would be surprised if the country won't have something even worse than Talibaan in power within this decade.

Brother, ideal solutions and sheer logic does get lost in ground realities.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 2:25am

Just forgot to add that the actual effect of the supposed Rasputinic Mullah's sermon is sexed up in the Interest of the State.

Our present day situation is caused by sheer disregard for the man in the street. I agree, Imperialism does have its costs. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic