IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I just dont understand  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I just dont understand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 9:53pm
 People have to realize that if a Muslim makes a mistake, all Muslims neither any Muslim leader are responsible for it. Everyone should be judged to what they do, not what someone from their community has done. So please stop blaming mosques and Muslim clerics for everything. 
tracy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 2:53am

Originally posted by Saido Saido wrote:

People have to realize that if a Muslim makes a mistake, all Muslims neither any Muslim leader are responsible for it. Everyone should be judged to what they do, not what someone from their community has done. So please stop blaming mosques and Muslim clerics for everything. 

OH I have realised and I  Do NOT!!!! in any way blame the mosques or Muslim Clerics for everything! sadly in all communities there are a few bad apples In fact in my local community we have had Evil priests in the local catholic community - a very famous case of Father Clonan being a predatory paedophile , he left the country leaving a lot of damaged young men to pick up the pieces of their lives and still people in the church are in denial that he could do such things.  The point I am making is :- I do not blame the community , I do not blame the church for his behaviour what I do know and has come to light is  people turned a blind eye about him over many years the fact here in the UK there are Radical Imams - Finsbury Park Mosque comes to mind and if the people turn a blind eye and deny what they know or suspect is going on and keep it locked in , these people are given a platform , a position of trust and to deny that some have been abusing that position is quite frankly ignorant to the current situation that is happening here and now in the UK.  The Muslim Council of Great Britian have recognised there is a problem , many community leaders have stood up and been counted and accepted there is a problem , my initial comment was aimed at Jo Bloggs, me and you and the man on the street to be aware and dont let it happen around us. 

Yes we are all accountable for our own actions and should know the difference between right and wrong , These suicide bombers actually believe they are doing the right thing and that Allah is going to praise them for their deeds , somebody somewhere is sowing these seeds into their brains. 

Please dont think I am tarring all muslims and mosques with the same brush to do so you have missed my point entirley and if I have not articulated my point clearly enough I apologise.       

omya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 11:11am

Hi there, Tracy

Wlcome to our board, and I hope you'll find it as friendly as it really is

I'm gonna ask you just 2 questions, and don't find them offensive, because that's not what I mean by them, so, don't feel offended:

* Are you sure that the (muslims) did it? I mean do you still find the government truthful after all these lies?

* Why is it that every time something wrong happens by a muslim ( even before the proof) religion is the first thing to be mentioned? Why it was never mentioned that the IRA are christians, nor the Serbs who killed thousands of (MUSLIMS) in Bosnia?

Think about it, from your point of view, and let me know what do you think.

Take care

tracy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 7:52am

Well Im not going to come back with a terribly interlectual answer on this one OMYA  I dont want you to be offended either my love but , Upon hearing about the blasts and making frantic calls regarding my brother who I know uses Aldgate Tube at that time of day (got his 20 mins earlier thank god)x  I automatically assumed it was muslim fanatics, why? current affairs, expecting it for ages not exactly rocket science to work out, also the announcement later in the day from a muslim group cant recall their name Al .........brigades in Europe .  ?? Ok I assumed right , I could quite rightly have been wrong, we had a white british nail bomber not long ago , but alas it was Muslim youth, British Muslim youth now that to me is the most disturbing I have had a private message to give me some clarity on that one.      

Also Omya your post implies that it could still all be lies and a government cover up and that we are being Duped.

I am not saying for one minute that I trust Blair , I dont, not after going into Iraq that has cost him my vote , but I do trust our security services, our police  the investigators and the scientific procedures of evidence  I think they have done a sterling job and they are what makes me proud to be british. 

omya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 8:17am

I'm not saying that I'm 100% sure that they weren't who they said they were, but for me to go and bomb myself, then everybody else being shocked about it ( from families, to neighbours to (white brithish) work colleagues, then this in itself is an issue.

Dear Tracy, I don't believe everything I hear or everything I read on the internet, and I think lots of poeple are like me, so for a group to say on the internet ( we didi it) this is not a proof, right?

I don't trust any of the politicians, either in the west or in the east, anywhere, it doesn't make a difference to me, but if you think ( and look) back at when it first happened on 7/7, when Blair was in Scotland for the G8 summit, before any investigations, what did he say? Who did he accuse?

Look and let me know what will you find.

I apologise for my english, but I hope it's understandable with all these mistakes.

I'm really thinking, I don't know why, that we could be friends.

Take care

tracy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 8:23am

Hey Ill be looking at the internet and you just warned me against that !!!!

Hey you Im just about to check my bible over the drink thing , catch you later

omya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 9:35am
Take your time, dear, I'm not going anywhere .
tracy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 9:54am
It's reasonably clear that there have been a series of terrorist attacks in London. There are obviously casualties, both people that have died and people seriously injured. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.
It's my intention to leave the G8 within the next couple hours and go down to London and get a report face to face with the police and the emergency services from those who have been dealing with this.
Each of the countries around that table have some experience of the effects of terrorism and share our complete resolution to defeat this terrorism. It's particularly barbaric that this has happened on the day when people are meeting to try to help the problems of poverty in Africa and the long-term problems of climate changes in the environment.
It's reasonably clear that it is designed and aimed to coincide with the opening of the G8. There will be time to talk later about this. It's important, however, that those engaged in terrorism realize that our determination to defend our values and our way of life is greater than their determination to cause death and destruction to innocent people in a desire to impose extremism on the world. Whatever they do, it is our determination that they will never succeed in destroying what we hold dear in this country and in other civilized nations throughout the world. Thank you.

Have I missed something ?????????????????????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic