IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Would you marry a women with a child?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Would you marry a women with a child?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2010 at 9:49am
HAs anyone here mentioned that the Prophet(pbuh) married a divorced woman with children?
That would certainly mean there is nothing wrong with it.
The only problem would be the mentality of men today.

I expect the OP has got her answer somewhere and felt it not necessary to return to the forum.

:)
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 7:05am

Salam,

Yes sister Martha,profet s.a.w married umm salama the mother of salama,this marrying of profet to her was also accompnaied by the hadith profet mentioned to her first husband and he narrated this hadith to umm salama after which he died (Shaheed)in a battle.

the hadith was:if in this world you loose something allah gives somthing btter than what you lost

so soon after umm salama lost her first husband profet sent her the proposal for marraige and who can be better than mohammed s.a.w as a husband.

Very ture are the words of Allah and his profet.

Regards
Faisal

The absurd one View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The absurd one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 11:06am
From an Islamic point of view there is no rule against marrying a divorced woman with a child. But beyond that I certainly doubt there is an Islamic view that tells having a child (or more) cannot be considering a criteria against a marriage. In that case, I think the opinion of his parents was purely consultative and he could have gone against it, he decided not to do so then it is his decision (and not his parents').

To answer the question "would you marry a woman with a child" I'd say I wouldn't, but truth to be told it's a matter of context. Taken just like that I'd be cautious of kids because I'm not sure I want one (at all) in my life right now.
hangarpilot View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hangarpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2011 at 12:56pm
Asalaam Alaikum w.w
I was intrigued to read your story and all I can say is Alhamdolillah that you did not marry that guy who was unable to make his own decision. Your child/children are a blessing.

I am in a situation where i am divorced and have 4 children of my own. 2 girls and 2 boys mashallah. I was not interested in marrying at first but after a lot of thought and support from my parents i decioded to try to find someone. I too went on muslim dating sites only to be bombarded with "weirdos". I did meet some women whom i considered but eventually a close friend whom i have known for 22 years suddenly got divorced. I have known her for 18 years. She has 3 daughters. After talking to my parents I decided to offer to marry her and bring up her daughters along with my own 4 children. At first she was reluctant but i convinced her to let me take this challenge and i told her that Allah SWT will open the doors and guide me to bring up 5 girls as good muslimas and 2 boys. She eventually accepted this. My parents have given me their full support and said they will welcome her kids as their own grandchildren. So i think this is a matter of imaan. I know it will be hard but i have faith in Allah SWT and i know i will be asble to bring up the 7 kids in a good islamic marnner.
So please do not think all men are like that guy. I wish you all the best
harun1209 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harun1209 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 3:37am
I did. she was 10 yrs. older than me which i thought i could have security with do to her age/experience and to father her 2 teenage boys who have little respect for me and she doesnt support me as much as she should in front of them. Recently, i found that she cant have kids and i am desperately wanting one at least and after 5 tiresome years, she tell me to go look around and that she is ok with the 2 that she has. I was fine until she shows how overly protective and possessive she is with them and I find myself feeling as a toy for them to play with only.
doherty12 View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 12:59am
Well, if i was in love with such a women then i would surely marry her. If the women is smart, beautiful as well as well educated then i would not find a problem in it. I won't go with my parent's advice as long as i have got feelings for her. So being a divorcee women with a child doesn't matter to me.
herber345 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herber345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2013 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by haris30432 haris30432 wrote:

Salamun Alaikum,

I loved reading your post and i must say that you r lucky, in a way that u didnt marry that guy.Im sorry, but y wud a woman ever want to marry a guy who doesnt have his own opinion or understanding or whatever?I personally believe that in this world, there are two kinds of laws that one can follow.One,is GOD's perfect law which makes perfect sense.Two,which is man's unperfect law many of which make absolutely no sense.And in your case,the guy like many, chose to follow man's law.A law, never authorized by GOD.From what i understand from your post,in his culture or whatever,marrying a divorced woman with a child is not right or isnt recommended for a single never-married guy. Now in the eyes of GOD,the criteria is different.If a believing man loves a believing woman,they agree with the dowry,ask permission to parents (as a show of respect or to honour them,their consent is however not necessary) etc marriage is permitted.And one of them having a child from a previous marriage is not an issue.Nowhere in the Quran can u see GOD asking single men not to marry divorced women just becoz they have a child.I know of a Muslim man who is younger than his wife,never married ,handsome and rich but married a woman with not one child but two.And guess what?She is now carrying "his" child by the grace of GOD.They are absolutely in love with each other.There is obviously so much respect between them and Im sure..they will have a wonderful life together as good muslims as they chose to follow ONLY and ONLY God's law.Praise be to him alone.So if you would ask me if i would marry a woman with a child.I would say... Why not???? If thats what GOD wills,so be it.I submit to him and his law not what the world or my culture tells me, not what my parents tell me(if it is against GOD's law),not what anyone tells me.For i know and you know sister,that believers are guaranteed  happiness here and in the here after only because they uphold GOD's law and nothing else and do not setup partners beside himSmile.

Peace!

Nice said.. :)
Abu Ametullah View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Ametullah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2015 at 5:37am
Selam alaykum ve rahmetullahi ve baraketu!!!!

Yes what you said is really right brother Jazzakallahu khairun. The only thing what I want to add as a advice for the sister is,that she will treat her future husband in the best possible way inshallah according to Quran and sunna inshallah. Because I was even married to a olda women who was already having to kids may Allah aza ve cel bless them. Ameen. But the married was failing after only one year Allah hu aleem way but I think one reason was that she had too many prejudices.And because of that she was treating me in a not nice way.I mean then if you find number right tray to treat him as if he is your first and tray to see all of you as a family together. I hope you understand what mean .May Allah guide all of as right Ameen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic