IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - accepting a muslim household  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

accepting a muslim household

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2010 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Like they say, "it is better to lose a lover than to love a loser".

LOL Priceless - and true!
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2010 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

I only joined this discussion because I saw someone advising a woman to accompany her newly-radicalized Muslim husband to Saudi Arabia on the questionable assumption that she could always leave if she didn't like it.  Saudi Arabia has one of the worst records of denying basic human rights to women, and it's no coincidence that their legal system is based on sharia.

This evening I heard an interview with Nathalie Morin, a Canadian woman held captive by her husband in Saudi Arabia. I had to post it here, just in case anyone thought I was making this up.  You can hear the full interview (which was cut short because of the danger that her husband might come home) here:

Here are a few excerpts:

Quote Q: Can you tell us where you're living?  Can you describe where you are?

A: My three children and myself, we are living in a flat, and we are confined in the flat.  We are locked, without key, twenty-four hours, seven days.  We don't have hot water and a bathroom, we don't flush for the toilet, we don't oven to cook.  And that's since 2005.

Q: Did you say that the house is locked?  You can't go outside?

A: Yes.  Twenty-four hours, seven days.  Always, the apartment, it's locked.  We are not allowed to go outside.

Q: And who locked you in?  Your husband?

A: Yes.

Q: You know we are going to put this on the air.  Are you worried that he'll find out or hear about the fact that you're talking to me?

A: I have to talk.  It's more important.

Q: Well tell me about how your health is.

A: We can say we are living in a very psychological effected [?].  Can you imagine you are abused every day, physical, psychological, ...?  Just look at an example, okay?  Last October 4, 2010, he picked me up on my left leg, with a stick and wood.  After that, because I was hurt, I called the police station.  I called them three times, and three times they closed the phone in my face.

Q: Do you have, are there neighbours who know what is happening to you?  Are you able to talk to anyone who lives near you?

A: No, because we are locked in the apartment.

Q: You talk about the psychological problems you have with being confined.  Is there other abuse as well?  Is he physically, are you and the children physically abused?

A: Yes, we are victims of physical abuse.  He slaps hard, he beats me.  I try to protect my children always.  We cannot do anything else.  We do not have any rights.  Even for the younger girls, we don't have any rights because we are women and children.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic