IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reviews - Media > Radio, TV & Film
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Impact of Indian Media on Subcontinental Muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Impact of Indian Media on Subcontinental Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 9:36am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

By the way we were talking of media. I heard that star plus was blocked at Pak ? Is n't that true? It seems that these serials are been dubbed and telecasted at Afghanistan.

And kindly note when i talk of Indian muslims, its not that all muslims are of that kind. Alhamdullilah, there are many families that stay away from these kinds

Haha  yes we got sidetracked. Whenever we are having a discussion of some sort, my father complains that girls have a very short attention span Embarrassed

That is true Sis. During Zia-ul-Haq's time, all sorts of Indian channels were banned in Pakistan. Including sale of Indian movies. People were not even allowed to play Indian songs in public places. Censorship was very strong back then.

Unfortunately Musharraf allowed too much Media leverage. And under the pretext of "Pak India" friendship now they telecast movies etc on some Pak channels, and even songs on radio. Ouch

PS: ofcourse sister I know not all Indian Muslims are like that (am sure there are many more SeeksHidayaths out there Tongue, inshAllah )

Edited by Chrysalis - 19 March 2010 at 9:39am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 9:37am

Its not easy to break their mindset. Even my grandmother is the same. Anyways, am preparing my mother to face people who are surely going to criticise us for no mayon. My people know me very well that am stubborn in these matters. If at all , anyone wants to talk, let them talk to me. I made this clear. May Allah ease it.

What i feel is Chrysalis, that we youngsters need to stand up and raise our voice. Else even we become like our grandmothers. {heheee}

I had been trying all these years to awaken my cousins, and stand up against these unislamic acts.

And yes, would like to share a good news, You remember our member Wisdom seeker. Alhamdullilah, she is soon going to get married {by next month}. We met here at IC, and then, at my home as well. Alhamdullilah, that family who seeked her hand, is n't demanding any dowry at all. Its going to be simple, alhamdullilah.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 9:40am

haha, we soon get side track and talk endlessly. Is n't it ! But it was Bro. Abu Ayisha, who started this topic, else we were on the topic. Is n't it ?
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 9:43am
Was nice discussing with you, sis. I wish you were in India, or i were at Malaysia. We would chat endlessly. Mazay kartay thay !

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 10:03am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Its not easy to break their mindset. Even my grandmother is the same. Anyways, am preparing my mother to face people who are surely going to criticise us for no mayon. My people know me very well that am stubborn in these matters. If at all , anyone wants to talk, let them talk to me. I made this clear. May Allah ease it.

Yes, may Allah make it easy for you to stand your ground.

Quote What i feel is Chrysalis, that we youngsters need to stand up and raise our voice. Else even we become like our grandmothers. {heheee}

I had been trying all these years to awaken my cousins, and stand up against these unislamic acts.

Very true. May Allah help you in increasing Islamic Awareness. It can be tough to do, especially with family members. They get offended very easily - so is best to tread carefully. Sometimes, you may not even be preaching to them, and just trying implement something in your life, and you get criticized by grandmothers and relatives !

And yes, would like to share a good news, You remember our member Wisdom seeker. Alhamdullilah, she is soon going to get married {by next month}. We met here at IC, and then, at my home as well. Alhamdullilah, that family who seeked her hand, is n't demanding any dowry at all. Its going to be simple, alhamdullilah.

Oh Yes, I heard the good news. Sis Wisdom and I are in touch via PM. So she told me just today! May everything go well with her inshAllah. Smile

Quote Was nice discussing with you, sis. I wish you were in India, or i were at Malaysia. We would chat endlessly. Mazay kartay thay !

Same here dear sis! Koi baat nahi, internet zindabad! meray paas aap ka email hai, main aap ko add kar loon gi :) inshAllah. Apna khayal rakhiye ga!

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 11:24am
Seekshidayath, be sure to figure out some way to invite/involve your virtual - online family in your wedding; masha'Allah, we stumbled upon good news!  Khair Insha'Allah - all the best for you.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 11:35am
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Seekshidayath, be sure to figure out some way to invite/involve your virtual - online family in your wedding; masha'Allah, we stumbled upon good news!  Khair Insha'Allah - all the best for you.

Lets all crash Seek's wedding via skype. Big%20smile
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 12:30pm

...at least open a special thread with a few tidbits of info...let us share in on the khair.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic