IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - introduction  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

introduction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swordofallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: introduction
    Posted: 15 March 2010 at 8:01pm

Asalam Alaykum,

Hello everyone im new here and to islam i read the Quran at home i have the English & Arabic Quran by Nooruddin
( The Holy Quran )

i Have never gotten such a strong message ( really good feeling ) as when i read the Quran then try to pray & i know i dont silat right it,s bad right now but i know Allah understands he always gives me that touch.

i hope to learn alot and theres alot to learn it will probaly take me longer than most but i will get it all someday Anyway thanks to all of you for your help in advance INSHA ALLAH !
gynks79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gynks79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2010 at 10:20am

Salaam, I'm Fatimah

its nice to find this site.  It is my hope that I will learn a great deal from others here and meet some nice people as well.  I have so many questions about life as it is, even though I have lived a number of years.  it seems there are still so many questions unanswered that leave many of us so lost.  I hope to find some answers.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2010 at 12:58pm
Salam,

Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
gynks79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gynks79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2010 at 1:18pm
Salaam,
Thank you so much for your welcome to me.  I too hope to enjoy and learn many things.  I hope to get much strength and knowledge here.

Edited by gynks79 - 16 March 2010 at 1:18pm
swordofallah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swordofallah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2010 at 6:02pm

Asalam Alaykum

Nice to meet you Fatimah !

I think the Quran has all your answers to all your Questions.

I have at home the Holy Quran by NOORUDDIN it,s in English and Arabic with lots of insight on different aspects, of the book in the beginning of the book.

it,s a most amazing book when i read it i feel all clean inside and my spirit comes alive .

it,s hard to explain in words but it,s this books teaching that has chosen me ! it has come alive for me when others did not.

i just got this link today on this sight so maybe it would help you too, www.howdoipray.com it will show you everything in English and Arabic, I JUST KEEP LISTENING TO HEAR THE CORRECT PRONUNCIATION. but i will get it eventually . remembering will take a lil time.

Anyway nice meeting you !!!

Anytime i can help i will try ~ but if i cant i know
someone will step in somewhere along the line To help.

have a nice day !

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2010 at 6:26am
Welcome Sword of Allah and Fatimah. Do stick around ! Hope to see you around the forums inshAllah.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2010 at 9:10am
Assalamu alaikum, welcome!
gynks79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gynks79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2010 at 5:38am
Salaam,
thank you so much for your response and your information.  Yes i agree regarding the Quran, it does make me feel calm and peaceful and I never understood why, but I'm happy that it does.  I have been reading the Quran this past week, searching and looking for something to tell me and help me.  Even when I pray in the early morning before the sun, I ask Allah to help me understand these things.  I can only hope to find some answers inchalallah.  thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic