IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Stylish Modest Clothing  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stylish Modest Clothing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lehua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stylish Modest Clothing
    Posted: 27 July 2005 at 6:16pm

Assalamu alaikum Sisters,

I am currently looking for an Islamic Clothing Store in the Los Angeles Area or a place that I can get stylish modest clothing.  I prefer going to a store verses buying things off the internet; I have longer arms and legs than my typical size. 

I have seen the links that you ladies provided on the other thread, they are very beautiful however I don't see myself wearing them.  I am looking for a more modern/contemporary cuts that fit in our modesty requirement.

Thank you in advance for your help/input.

Lehua

MayPB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2005 at 4:28pm

Lehua,

I too wear hijab and do not like wearing abayas and jilbabs myself. I can't go to the beach in that!  Dressing used to be a chore, seeing as though there is a drought in contemporary muslim clothes. You can get long skirts that are A-line and for girls or women at "Casual Corner Annex" if there is a slit in the back just take to your needle and thread and sew it up discreetly. Why not wear your hijab with button up blouses -you can find that anywear. I think depending on your own style you can pretty much adapt to what's out there in stores. Do you like cargo skirts?  Have you checked out headwear heaven.com, the owner custom makes hijabs that are unique. Also I suggest Veiled by design, she also makes customized headgear.  For shopping the outlet mall in Camarillo is cool, as well as Fashion Island in Orange County.

- May

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic