IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Parent Issues, in need of help.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parent Issues, in need of help.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmFatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2010 at 12:53pm
I know a girl who became Muslim at 16. It happens!

I say take your shahada and let Islam take you on a new path. Of course you have to be open with your parents. But remember that it takes time for MOST parents to accept the path their children take when they choose to leave their parents' religion. My parents took a few months, my friend's a couple years, others even longer.

What counts is that you show your parents the real face of Islam - family comes first and we respect everyone, especially our parents! My father noticed that I am a better daughter since I converted.

May Allah bless you and whatever path you choose to take.
�Our Lord! Grant us comfort in our spouses and descendants, and make us leaders of the God-fearing.� -Al-Furqan 74
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2010 at 1:11pm

Allah Akbar.. I am sooo happy for the good news here, dear brother..Hug

may Allah keep us all on the right path,, with Quraan and Sunnah/Hadith and the way of Sahabh.. start educating yourself dear brother,, you will be stronger and taste a new kind of happiness in your heart that you never knew before Islam. This is the state of the faith and belief in the ONE TRUE GOD.. Now when you are happy thank Allah, when are sad cry for Allah to help you,, when you are in need ask your LORD and say I am your slave and I believed in you.. Allah never never never leave you when you need Him.. and brother even when you are worried leave your problems for Him..Just do your best and Allah is taking care of you.. and protecting you when you do not know..Wink

I am so happy for you and full of tears..

Forgive me for being so busy to follow your post..

And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Shawn View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2010 at 1:20pm
I'm very happy I took the Shahada, of course at age 14 it is a little bit overwhelming.  But gradually i will get use to it, and find an ever greater love in Allah.  One of my friends that is also muslim taught me a more simplified way to pray, so even though i can't fully pray to Him, I can at least praise him to the best of my ability.  I plan on adding more to how i pray each day, saying more, doing all the rakaats, etc.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 12:05am

You know Shawn the following are the companions of Prophet who embraced Islam when were in teens, like you Smile. Infact they underwent lots of hardships. Am glad alhamdullilah that you don't have any such problems with your family.

Anyways here are those companions of Prophet, who were muslims in teens

lbn Ishaq mentions that the first male to believe the Prophet and give him support and believe in Islam was a ten-year-old boy named Ali ibn Abi Talib. Almost all of the first followers of the prophet were below the age of forty and included individuals like Az-Zubair ibn al-Aawwam who became a Muslim at the age of sixteen

Abu 'Ubaidah Ibn al-Jarrah became Muslim at seventeen, and several others.

Jafar bin Abi Talib older brother of Ali, was also too young.

Mus'ab b. Umayr (d. 3 H.)

A member of Mecca's wealthiest and noblest family, Mus'ab was raised in comfort and abundance. He was liked by everyone for his way of dressing, his courtesy and his physique. He was an extremely intelligent youth and, due to his fine and clear speech, everyone envied him. There was no worldly blessing Mus'ab had not attained. However, he was in a spiritual crisis. Eventually he went to the Prophet who was in Arkam's house and became Muslim.

His family had tried everything to make him forego this new religion. But Mus'ab abandoned his family, fortune and Mecca and immigrated to Abyssinia. When at the First Aqaba oath those from Medina asked for a teacher to teach them Islam, the Prophet immediately appointed him to this duty. Many people in Medina entered Islam with his efforts, and most learned Islam from him.

Arqam b. Abi'l-Arqam (d. 55)

One of the first converts to Islam, Arkam's house next to the Safa Peak became a headquarters for the Prophet and other Muslims. Tied with loyalty to the Prophet, he put his house under the Prophet's command. Finding this house, called the "Daru'l-Arqam" in Islamic history, to be very suitable for Islamic activities, the Prophet made it into a center. At first, Muhammad (pbuh) would clandestinely call people to Islam in this house, and he would teach them how to worship here. Muslims also hid in this house to escape the persecution of the idolators.16

Opening his house, which was just next to the Kaaba, for the call to Islam when he was only a youth of 17-18, shows what a very brave and self-sacrificing young man he was.

These were little extracts Shawn. I felt very happy when you decided that you will be a muslim. I simply remembered those sahabas.
May Allah swt shower His Mercy over you always my brother. Do remember this sister in Islaam in your prayers {duas}

May Allah swt reward the brother with abundance who got the oppurtunity to guide you. Ameen

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 6:38am
HugAssalamu alaikum!
Shawn View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2010 at 11:07am

Jazak Allah.  You all have helped me greatly in positive support for such a big decision in my life. Also thank you all for sharing stories of other young people converting to Islam.  The only problem I've really encountered is with my step father.  Not long ago my biological dad passed away, which he would've been in great support of anything i decided to do.  But the nearest Mosque is about 20-30 mins away, and he got annoyed with me and my mom driving there every week, but it is simply for me to learn, because there is much i still need to learn; but he doesn't seem to understand that.  But either way my mom said she'd at least try to bring me once a weekSmile

Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2010 at 9:31am
As'sallamualaikum Brother Shawn !

That's really nice of your mom to be willing to drive you to the mosque ! Do you go there to study or to pray ?

Since you Mom is being supportive, alhamdulilah ! (Praise be to God) thats awesome. But if you have trouble commuting, you could always learn online :). There are some great websites out there, and we will inshAllah always be willing to help in anyway we can.

Stick around Bro !

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
lego1357 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lego1357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2010 at 9:13am

Brother,

AA, I would say to you  in this regard, that you should revise your decision and it should not be just on the basis of  some passion. However if the truths of Islam have been revealed to you by Almighty God and you have noted all the facts and miracles about Islam then do convert  to Islam but I request you that after becoming a Muslim, be a real Muslim and the true follower of Prophet Muhammad PBUH who is beneficial for all the humanity. Preach the real values of Islam and follow them after careful studies and work.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic