IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help me to break astrology belief scientifically  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help me to break astrology belief scientifically

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me to break astrology belief scientifically
    Posted: 02 March 2010 at 5:25am
sheke View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2010 at 7:50pm
I am dissappointed. i wonder none of the islamic giants r ready to answer this question. OMG.I assumed tat there is no islamic scholors are active in this forum. waste of time.
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 12:04pm
Perhaps, if you are seeking a scientific answer (and not a religious answer; this is a religious forum!) , you should go to an astronomy website?  No one here can claim to be a trained scientist.  At least, I don't know any.  Furthermore, I don't know that much about astrology to comment in the first place.  And have you ever hear of a little thing called sabr?  You asked a question which requires a lot of research.  It cannot be answered in a day!       

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 12:19pm
islamispeace has a good point...

Edited by Sign*Reader - 05 March 2010 at 12:20pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 12:30pm
sheke salaam:
You need to explain fully what seems to be the main issue that is bothering you cuz if leave up to the scientists, they will tell we are from monkeys or were at  one time, and Muslims don't believe in some of their monkey businessWink
Sure we can have a discussion and get to some conclusion, provide a template to fill in ...

Have you ever thought why there is a sura in Quran by the name of Zodiac/Baruj? It is a starting point!

Can you explain the naadi josiam!

BTW what is your own DOB?

Edited by Sign*Reader - 07 March 2010 at 11:16pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 2:22pm
Well I wsa told by a housemate years ago who was an astronomy makjor that that astrology is not accurate because the solar system is moving.. so what used to be say "aquarius" is not in the same place in the sky as it used to be.  now that is what she told me...

Otherwise, I agree with all, you need to talk to an astronomer.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 4:04pm
Let's assume I am a trained scientist...
What you are asking us is to prove a negative. That is rarly how science works. For example scientists do not go out to prove that Earth is not rectangular, octagonal, star shaped, etc. Instead scientists start with a hypothesis. In this case that Earth is roughly spherical. Then they use scientific method to prove this theory. The reason for this approah is simple. There are infinite number of negatives to prove with little practical application.
In the case of astrology, the burden of proof is on the people who believe in it. As it turns out their proof normally is subjective and called cherry picking of facts. For example, they read their fortune somewhere and it turned out to come to pass. Well, that is not proof, because for every case of prediction coming true there is a thousand that did not. However, people don't go around documenting all the false predictions. On the other hand the one that came true leaves a deep and lasting impression. It gets told  and retold creating the illusion that all astrological predictions are true...
The Quran is clear on this issue. Allah (swt) says that nobody knows "gheib" or the unknown. This includes the future...
Hope this helps
Respectfully
aka2x2
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2010 at 6:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic